Start by marking “The Three Battlegrounds: An In-Depth View of the Three Arenas of Spiritual Warfare: The Mind, the Church and the Heavenly Places” as Want to Read:

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  942 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
This book explores the three arenas of spiritual warfare that the maturing Christian will face: the mind, the church and the heavenly places. It provides a foundation of insight, wisdom and discernment on the nature of the battle and the keys to victory.
Published June 1st 2006 by Arrow Publications (first published February 1st 1989)

Jaketha
Jul 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
As I prepare to write my own book, this is the first resource that God led me too. I have already marked up most of the 1st chapter, which is entitled Satan's Domain: The Realm of Darkness.

This chapter teaches that Satan dwells wherever there is spiritual/moral darkness. The Bible declares that ALL HAVE SINNED AND FALLEN SHORT, thus Frangipane connects the dots by stating that ALL of us have darkness in our hearts. It is through that darkness that Satan gains the legal right to access our lives
Jaime Contreras
I thoroughly enjoyed Francis Frangipane's eye-opening book about the three arenas of scriptural spiritual warfare. His scholarship and love for the Lord comes through every page. I got the impression that Mr. Frangipane values a life full of prayer and discerning of God's teaching about satan and his various attacks on people. The author focuses on how satan attacks and how we can defend ourselves. The author does also spend the majority of his book satan's attack on people, the church and the w ...more
Desiree
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Always an excellent read!
Rick Leland
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In The Three Battlegrounds author Francis Frangipane brings together an exception writing style with uncommon insightfulness. Content and clarity have met in a book I will put in my permanent collection. Which is not very large.

The book deserves to be read more than once.

There's always a battle raging for our body, soul, and spirit. For the church, for our community…and more. When a person decides to love the Lord with all their heart, with all their soul, with all their mind, and with all their
Ross Heinricy
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic book regarding spiritual warfare, and the author does a great job of relaying spiritual truths of Scripture. Francis helps provide a "plan of attack" as we face spiritual conflicts and a how-to on being victorious in the spiritual realm. I have 3 pages of notes from this book - too much to print here.
Lynne Wainwright
Excellent!!

This book contains great information about spiritual warfare. My favorite quote...Victory begins with Jesus on the lips but it is consummated with spirit of Jesus in the heart....
Barrie Lawrence
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you go headlong and intensely into new areas of ministry, avoid this book. If you can balance what you read with the rest of scripture, this is informative, helpful and Biblical. I can understand why Frangipane has such a following.
Abigail Sands
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A practical handbook on spiritual warfare. Good book.
Jonathan Bullington
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Practical applications to spiritual realities.
Lelian
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great book , not to be taken lightly , it might change your life !
Conrad
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Dealing with issues that arise in the life of the church can be difficult at best. It is helpful to understand what is really going on 'behind the curtain' as it were. The author, having lived through difficult times in the life of the church, brings insight and encouragement from the scriptures to help the reader understand the true nature of the struggle and to examine ourselves and our attitudes; our lifestyles and our choices, in order to begin the process of change so that we can be made mo ...more
Todd Truax
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A thorough treatment of all Christians battle with darkness. This is not a scary treatment, but an equipping book on the nature of the battleground where we encounter evil in our lives. How does Satan work in the lives of people and what provision has the Lord made for our victory. Burying our heads in the sand does not end the war we are in, but rather gives our enemy a further weapon against us in ignorance. Rev. Frangipane has unmasked the methods of the devil to destroy our lives and God's r ...more
Randall Dunn
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Had this book for years & finally read it. Transformed my thinking about how to pray, recognizing that our battle starts within the mind, but goes on to a spiritual battle for other people's souls, to the point that praying for people while praying against oppressive spirits can often win the entire battle. His testimonies about their prayer warfare for people within his church was revolutionary for me. Recommended for anyone who wants to pursue spirit ministry and pursue blessing for their ...more
Dennis Hall
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is probably the best book on spiritual warfare I've read. it is not us against the world at all. it is looking to see what is in our own heart. that is well taught in this book. if you are studying Arora in the seven churches of Revelation or Elijah or just want to study Jezebel that is very well taught and very poignant in this book. this is a book you will return to frequently and wish for more of it when it's over. wow!
Amy Litzelman
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have read The Three Battlegrounds several times over the years - the last time as a group study. I have now marked and underlined so much that I've had to resort to different colors and symbols! I think it is a "must-read" for every Believer. It gives so much wisdom on spiritual battles without focusing on the negative or darkness. Instead, it gives truth of how we should think, walk, and live when we are in Christ. Great book!
Dawn
May 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: warfare
This was one of the better books I have read on spiritual warfare. The last section that discussed the Jezebel, Ahab and Elijah spirits I found particularly intriguing. The bottom line of this book, however, is that we must be humble and our character need to conform to Jesus Christ in order to battle evil effectively. Without Christ in us, we are powerless.
Serena
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Thoroughly enjoyed this book! It helped me get into God's word and I was able to use it as a Bible study. Pastor Francis' writing style was conversational but the truth he shared was definitely not watered down. I appreciated the personal experiences he shared and I would recommend this book because it helped me to grow spiritually.
Aaron
Apr 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book. I only rated it as three stars because it is a limited view of the biggest battle of our lives which goes far beyond the three battlegrounds mentioned in the book spanning cities, states, countries, and the world at large. The three battlegrounds in the book are key, don't get me wrong, I'm just pointing out the bigger picture.
Chris Jesse
I really enjoyed this read, but took off one star because it seemed to strive for profundity and another star because a few of the interruptions of the Scriptures seemed to be a reach. It is a very good, easy read and I believe the author is sincere and well qualified. It is worth your time.
Drew Coffman
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Though the entire book is full of profound insight, the first section on the 'battleground of the mind' made me stop almost every page to take notes. I imagine I will be looking back on this text for years to come.
Melissa Harmon
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spiritual Warfare

This was an excellent book very eye opening. I think anyone curious about Spiritual Warfare should read this. Then ask yourself..well you answer the call?
Alexb
Aug 30, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first chapter was great! A lot of thought provoking quotes in the first chapter. But after the first chapter it was hard to read as it focused mainly on moral issues.
Paul Amerigo
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book when I was a teenager - I realize this is a book that you need to re-read periodically just to remind yourself what you need to prepare for in a spiritual battlefield.
Susan Wells
Oct 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Probably the best treatise on spiritual warfare that I have ever read. Frangipane's doctrine is sound and liberating.
Dave
Jun 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Good strategy resource for impacting region. Confronts the obstacles in us that limit kingdom expansion.
Tracey
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Very good book useful for a small book club to cover
Nanette
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT!
Darleen Honc
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that I plan to read at least once a year. A lot of soul searching for me. Would love to take a small group this study.
Karen Sweeney-Ryall
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful classic. Francis Frangipane is one of my favorite teachers.
Rebekah Beene
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. Great read for those who desire to walk deeper with the Lord.
  • Defeating Dark Angels: Breaking Demonic Oppression in the Believer's Life
  • Christ the Healer
  • There Were Two Trees in the Garden (Divine Destiny)
  • Blessing or Curse: You Can Choose: Freedom from Pressures You Thought You Had to Live With
  • The Fear of the Lord: Discover the Key to Intimately Knowing God
  • Release of the Spirit: The Breaking of the Outward Man for
  • The Seer
  • The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting
  • The Voice Of God
Francis Frangipane (1946) is a Christian evangelical minister and author. He is the founding pastor of River of Life Ministries in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States. In 2002, he also launched an international, online school called In Christ's Image Training (ICIT). This training lays a foundation of truth based on four principal themes: Christlikeness, humility, prayer and unity. ICIT has students ...more
More about Francis Frangipane...

Nonfiction Deals

$11.99 $1.99
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Sea Around Us
    $17.99 $1.99
“If you want to identify the hidden strongholds in your life, you need only survey the attitudes in your heart. Every area in your thinking that glistens with hope in God is an area which is being liberated by Christ. But any system of thinking that does not have hope, which feels hopeless, is a stronghold which must be pulled down.
THE”
10 likes
“Always remember: Victory begins with the name of Jesus on our lips; but it will not be consummated until the nature of Jesus is in our hearts. It is not enough to have
your "house ... swept, and put in order" (Matt. 12:44); your thought-life must be occupied by the Person of Christ. But as you persist in yielding yourself to Christ, He will remove Satan's armor from your mind. He will show you what you need to bring down. You will see that the weapons of your warfare are mighty, to the pulling down of strongholds!”
9 likes