Start by marking “The End of Marketing as We Know It” as Want to Read:
The End of Marketing as We Know It

The End of Marketing as We Know It

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  216 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Marketing as we know it today is about image. It's about getting consumers to love your products. It's about producing award-winning commercials and promotions, and creating ads people like. It's about buzzwords like "events," "relationships," and "intimacy."

Problem is, it's not working.

So says the "Aya-Cola," Sergio Zyman, two-time marketing czar of Coca-Cola and today qu
Published May 19th 1999 by HarperBusiness

To ask other readers questions about The End of Marketing as We Know It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End of Marketing as We Know It

Dmitry Kuriakov
Читая книгу «Конец маркетинга, каким мы его знаем» Серхио Займана, меня не покидало ощущение, что где-то я это всё уже видел. И действительно, каждая глава книги Займана, это реализация тех идей, что можно прочесть у Котлера и у Траута. Можно сказать, что те кто прочитали все или почти все книги этих двух авторов не найдут ничего интересного в книге Займана. С другой стороны, приятно, когда теория так плавно переходит в практику, практическую деятельность корпорации Coca-Cola. Это как раз одна и ...more
Roni Krakover
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book by Sergio Zyman, former chief marketing officer of Coca-Cola is aiming to bring marketing back to its basics – the days before advertising companies, where each company was in charge of its own marketing strategy in order to increase sales. While Zyman is not against advertising firms per se, he advises to keep strategy in-house.

The two main take-out points in the book are the importance of flexibility - being able to react as fast as possible to the market environment and alter campai
Greg
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best Marketing books I've ever read. Zyman would be just the guy to head my marketing team! Zyman shares some insights and tells tales from his own experience. This book is a head turning yet easy read. Cuts like butter LOL. Highly recommend this book for not only those in the marketing industry but anyone with an interest in a product. This is the guy that kept Coke advertising innovative!
Barry
Nov 25, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It is the real thing - ego. More information about how Zyman played politics than how he scored such big successes as the New Coke (okay, that didn't succeed). It is a good book to learn about the politics of success rather than market results can create a career. So, okay, Zyman successfully marketed a product - Zyman.
Konny Cool
Nice book, about the failure of New Coke approaching...
This book good in concept but it's stop in to theory only.

Shall we control our brand ? Cant we let our customer manipulate our brand and let them decide to develop our brand into word of mouth ?
This is the end of Marketing where all advertisment cant be applicable ?
Anthony Tenaglier
Marketing isn't about pretty Super Bowl ads. It's about getting the message out to buy more product at higher prices according to Zyman. What good is the investment in expensive ads, if there is no return?

Marketing is a science and not an art. It's not a mystery or magic. It's about results.
Laila Dimyati
We're talking about Zyman here. CEO from Coca Cola whose behind the failure of introduction to New Coke. From Coca Cola he moved to Pepsi, and from Pepsi to Procter & Gamble. Long road that finally he gave up to old traditional marketing way. Read this book, marketers, and you'll know.
Waseem
Apr 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
interesting read, i didnt know this guy was behind coca cola's marketing, shares some good commen sense yet filled with wisdom outside the box marketing strategies that explain his style,

Waseem Mirza
Jess
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had to read this for one of my MBA classes, but since I work in the marketing field, I found it fairly interesting. It's definitely dated by this point, but some of the basic principles still hold true.
Rachelle
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SO fundamental that you just want to yell out "YES! YES!" as you read it... not requiring of any education in business, but I enjoyed it during my marketing degree timeframe about a decade ago, so felt excited at every word.

Azamat
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Довольно хорошая бодрая книга для маркетологов, которые продают какой-то конкретный осязаемый продукт (как Колу). Я продаю услуги и не много полезного вынес из книги, потому что мне сложно применить советы для товаров народного потребления. Но в остальном все хорошо, прекрасная маркиза.
Curtis
Aug 02, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyone who has ever been a brand manager has either read this book or heard others talk about it. Fun read if you like hearing about creative case studies and how companies generated lot's of revenue through the masterful stragies of the marketing department.
Justin Schulz
Mar 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book from a marketing genius.
Simer
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!But it will be more useful for the marketing directors of the huge international corporations like Coca-cola,PepsiCo, Procter&Gamble and so on.
Leonid Lurie
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Real thing!
Filip Hvizdal
Apr 16, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hugely outdated and pretty much personal PR exercise of Mr. Zyman. Waste of time.
Aiman Na'im
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great marketing tips. I would say Sergio Zyman is truly a genius in marketing. It's definitely a must read
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
An optional-read book on marketing for the knowledge worker, manager, executive, or entrepreneur.
Groot
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
From Coca-Cola's marketing guy, a practical guide to marketing. In short, come up with a gazillion reasons to buy Coke, and keep hitting them over the head with it.
Gopal Shanbhag
BRILLIANT ! best book from an Industry Veteran.
Must read for all Marketing Professionals -Marketing Managers ,Brand Managers etc
Hisham Alamoudi
Jan 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A big lession on how to create advertising that generates sales and increase loyal customers. Great thinking process in how to manage the marketing function
Madanda Ivan
John
Jan 20, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Strategic Brand Management
  • Kellogg on Branding: The Marketing Faculty of the Kellogg School of Management
  • Managing Brand Equity
  • How Customers Think: Essential Insights into the Mind of the Market
  • Your Marketing Sucks
  • The Loyalty Effect: The Hidden Force Behind Growth, Profits, and Lasting Value
  • Creating Customer Evangelists
  • Creative Advertising: Ideas and Techniques from the World's Best Campaigns
  • Design
  • Emotional Branding: The New Paradigm for Connecting Brands to People
  • The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding: How to Build a Product or Service Into a World-Class Brand
  • Scoring Points: How Tesco Continues to Win Customer Loyalty
  • Experiential Marketing: How to Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, Act, Relate
  • The Invisible Touch: The Four Keys to Modern Marketing