Start by marking “Poison Island” as Want to Read:
Poison Island

Poison Island (Zac Power: Classic #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  407 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Mission: Find Formula for Solution XEnemy: Dr. DrasticFeatured Gadget: SpyPad Turbo DeluxeDanger Rating: 6.7 Zac Power is on a mission to the world's most dangerous island. He has to track down Dr. Drastic, an evil mad scientist, in a jungle is full of quicksand, piranhas, and poison frogs. No sweat! When you come from a family of spies, you do this sort of thing millions ...more
Published October 28th 2008 by Feiwel & Friends (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Poison Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poison Island

William Cameron
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Best book when I was about 8
sabisteb
Apr 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Streng geheim – Mission erhalten am Sonntag 23:59 Uhr.
Der böse Dr. Drastic hat das sogenannte X-Wasser erfunden. Das ist ein Heilmittel für alle Krankheiten, die es je gegeben hat. Aus unseren Quellen haben wir erfahren, dass Dr. Drastic das X-Wasser in einem streng geheimen Labor irgendwo auf der Giftfrosch-Insel herstellt.
Deine Mission:
- Finde das Heimlabor
- Beschaffe die Formel für das X-Wasser
- Bring sie bis Montag 24 Uhr unversehrt zur Einsatzzentrale

Der zwölfjährige Zack Power ist Geheimag
Mary Ann
Apr 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 3rd, 4th, adventure, boys, 2nd
Zac Power has been my 2nd grade daughter's favorite series this year. It's full of action and adventure, new toys and gadgets, evil guys and exciting missions.

Zac Power's family works for the G.I.B.: the Government Investigation Bureau. Zac, his mom and dad, and his brother Leon all work to help solve international crimes in death-defying missions. In this episode, the first of four published in the U.S., Zac must track down Dr. Drastic, an evil mad scientist, before he sells Solution X to the w
Ellen
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Gadgets, gizmos, and secret adventure... who doesn't love a good spy story? Where 007 and Alex Rider thrill older readers, Zac Power now brings the fun home to a whole new set of early readers just starting out chapter books. Young boys will love the fast-paced, funny antics with pictures and graphic novel-styled Zap! and Wow! exclamations. In Poison Island, Zac must rescue his brother and save the world from a mad scientist who developed poison Formula X. All that's left is to discover the miss ...more
Emmanuel
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It about kids name Zac power he is a spy,and he is on a mission with his family,but he
to go by himself his mother,and father went looking. Around they have to find a evil scientist the evil scientist have make something call solution x. It allowed to heal anything but the scientist want money for it so Zac went with his brother to find it Zac brother got caught by the scientist bodyguard.Zac run and fell into quicksand he was stuck he punched him up with his bouncing sheo he went into a cave th
Matti Karjalainen
"Myrkkysaari" (Sanoma Magazines, 2012) aloittaa 12-vuotiaasta teiniagentista Zac Powerista (hah hah)kertovan kirjasarjan, jonka takana on yhteisen pseudonyymin taakse kätkeytyvä monipäinen kirjoittajajoukko.

Sarjan avausosassa ollaan trooppisella saarella, jossa Zac yrittää saada käsiinsä ilkeän tohtorin laatiman lääkekaavan. Seikkailun aikana joudutaan varomaan piraijoja, purkautumaisillaan olevaa tulivuorta, myrkyllisiä sammakoita ja kahta tyhmää tohtorin apulaista. Kaikki kliseet ovat siis kä
Luke
Oct 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Another book in the zac power series. In this book Zac is in the jungle on a lone island looking for a poisonous and dangerous chemical that could destroy the world in the hands of evil.with the island surrounded by guards,infiltrating the secret lair will not be as easy as he first thought.

I like this book because it is a book that relates to children of my age and has a cool scense of being a undercover operative trying to save the world.It also is not a large book and dose not take a long tim
Reetta Saine
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kakrut, dekkarit, 2012, kevyt, pojat
Tämä on kyllä kohtuullisen järkyttävää kuraa jatkuvine päälauseineen. Mikään ei hätkäytä päähenkilöä, joka joutuu näennäisesti uhkaavien ja potentiaalisesti mielenkiintoisten tilanteiden armoille. Kirjailija kuvaa tätä kaikkea ulkopuolisen tyynesti jättäen lukijan hyvinkin yksin säälimään Zac Poweria, jonka tarinat on saatu laimennettua näin tehokkaasti.

Miksi pienille ei kirjoiteta kunnon toimintaa?
elisha
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Screening for my 7.5 year old before he reads the book so this is a "Mom" review looking for inappropriate things. :)

What's in there:
*The only thing I disagreed with in this book was that Zac's solution to find the Solution X was to mix up recipes with poison in them and try them. I just discussed with my son to ensure that he should never taste something if he doesn't know what is in it.

Overall, a fun spy adventure story!
Claire
Zac Power is a cocky little guy, he is on a mission with his family against the nefarious Dr. Drastic. When his brother is kidnapped the stakes go up and Zac comes to understand the talents his brother brings to the team.
R.H.
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like poison island I think it is fun and easy to read. I think you would have fun reading it. It is an interesting book that catches your eye when I saw it I knew I wanted to read it. I think you will also GOODBYE.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Think Spy Kids for early chapter book readers. Will read second book to see if the book evolves some (in terms of writing and character development) and can see some kids really enjoying this type of book,
Kelli
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Good. I'm reading these to my almost four year old son. He had to have these at the library and seems to love them. I'm not sure why, but he'll sit through the whole thing being read in one sitting so I can't complain too much. It beats playing hot wheels for hours or crashing monster trucks! :-)
Alex
May 18, 2011 added it
This book was a very interesting about what happened i liked it
The Brothers
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Asher (7yo) read. "CLASSIFIED!"
Dorsa Rahimi
Shelves: junior-fiction
Grade 3-4
Markku Kesti
Mar 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
Liityn haukkujien kuoroon. Väljähtynyttä toimintaa, jossa jokainen klisee on käytössä, mutta mikään ei vaikuta lukijaa. Menee silti vinkkauksissa kuin häkä, mutta omg mitä järkyttävää tuubaa on tämä.
Nathan
Aug 08, 2016 marked it as to-read
Arja
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lapset
Aika kamalaa, mutta luettua tuli, koska kirjan helppolukuisuus miellytti. Kokeilen erityisluokan vinkkaukseen.
Andrew
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great fun to read aloud, and 8 year old boys just love it.
Christian
May 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: intermediate
It was so good, I read it twice before taking it back to the library.
Sherri L Burkholder
Awesome thanks for the new book on adventure and action

Very cool I'll have to get the next book on Zach power love the book awesome book look like to
Kayla
This is an action packed book. Any child who likes adventure will enjoy this book. The end of each chapter leaves you wondering what will happen next. It is an exciting story.
Jock `taylor
Aug 17, 2011 rated it liked it
i just read this book when i cant find a book
Alysha Forman
Even smart alec, older brothers that are computer geeks can be captured.
Suvi
Kovin on epäjännää toimintaa kirja pullollaan, mutta sopii varmaan mukavasti pienemmille pojille. Vinkkaukseen.
Lucybean
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this when I was 7
LauraW
Oct 28, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: middle-grades
Sorry, this one was not for me. One dimensional characters, ludicrous problems and solutions, simplistic prose. Come on, there have got to be better action/adventure books than this.
  • The Escape of the Deadly Dinosaur (Secret Agent Jack Stalwart, #1)
  • Come Back Gizmo (Gizmo, #3)
  • Stink: The Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Stink, #6)
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • Spunky Tells All
  • The Adventures of Sir Gawain the True (Knights' Tales, #3)
  • Mr. Small
  • Sophie Simon Solves Them All
  • Summer Reading is Killing Me! (Time Warp Trio #7)
  • Never Glue Your Friends to Chairs (Roscoe Riley Rules, #1)
  • Rome
  • The Copper Beech / Evening Class
  • The Way of the Jedi (Star Wars: The Clone Wars Decide Your Destiny, #1)
  • The Nine Lives of Aristotle
  • Just Macbeth
  • Rocky (The Puppy Place, #26)
  • Send for a Superhero!
  • Bartholomew's Passage: A Family Story for Advent
After three years, it is finally time to lift the lid on the secret identity of the Zac Power series’ best-selling author, H.I. Larry.

Zac Power’s world of adventure and espionage has been immensely successful, with around fifty exciting stories published and over a million copies sold in Australia alone. The ‘H.I. Larry’ pseudonym was used to keep the series consistent (and boringly, ensure that a
More about H.I. Larry...

Zac Power: Classic (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Deep Waters
  • Mind Games
  • Frozen Fear
  • Tomb of Doom
  • Night Raid
  • Lunar Strike
  • Sudden Drop
  • Blockbuster (Zac Power, #9)
  • Shockwave