Start by marking “At Christmas the Heart Goes Home” as Want to Read:
At Christmas the Heart Goes Home

At Christmas the Heart Goes Home

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
An inspiring selection of stories, prayers, and poems that evoke the warm magic of the holidays, written in the folksy, sentimental style that has made Marjorie Holmes a best-selling favorite for countless Americans.
Published September 1st 1991 by Doubleday

To ask other readers questions about At Christmas the Heart Goes Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Christmas the Heart Goes Home

Naomi
Oct 07, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who's far far away from home
The lights of the Christmas tree are sparkling. People are already gathered around it, some of them singing carols. Others are laughing and talking beside crackling fire. Come in, come in to join us. The more the merrier! -- Marjorie Holmes

I found the book at a second hand's book store. The book smells flowery, and was still in a good condition. At the front page I found beautifully hand-written message that read:

Christmas 1993

We will be thinking of you

Love,
Mom

It's more like serendipity to m
Kathryn
Dec 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010, christmas
I'm giving this 5 stars, not because it's the most well written book I've read, but because although I am not religious, this book has such a heartwarming collection of stories. Marjorie Holmes was an author of books and wrote for many magazines most of her adult life. Her personal stories and observations of Chritmas are gathered here. Her observations brought up many memories I have of Christmas as a child, a mother, wife and now a grandmother. The stories I thought I might just skip over I en ...more
Annette
Feb 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who needs a little holiday cheer
Recommended to Annette by: Kalamazoo book club
I really love this book! I read it every year during the holidays. My favorite story is the same name as the title of the book, it's the first story in chapter 7. It always makes me cry and it also makes me feel homesick.

I have read these stories aloud to my children many times. It's the perfect thing to read at bedtime during the holidays because it gets everyone into the true spirit of Christmas.

As a mother I really enjoy Marjorie's wit and wisdom. I think that this is a book that every mothe
Colleen Mertens
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was another collection of short Christmas stories. Most of these stories made me nostalgic for times long gone before my lifetime. The stories were easy to read as most were originally published in various magazines. They were heart warming and gentle tales for the season.
Denise Fast
Kathy
Sep 07, 2017
Rachel Mrugala
Dec 13, 2017
Marjorie Holmes (1910—2002) was an American columnist and best-selling Christian author of 134 books, 32 of which were best sellers. Holmes is known best for her biblical trilogy which began with the novel Two From Galilee, a love story about Mary and Joseph, published by Fleming H. Revell.
More about Marjorie Holmes