Start by marking “My Big TOE: Awakening” as Want to Read:
My Big TOE: Awakening

My Big TOE: Awakening

(My Big TOE Trilogy #1)

Book 1 of the MY Big TOE trilogy.
My Big TOE, written by a nuclear physicist in the language contemporary culture, unifies science and philosophy, physics and metaphysics, mind and matter, purpose and meaning, the normal and the paranormal.

The entirety of human experience (mind, body, and spirit) including both our objective and subjective worlds is brought together under
Edición Kindle, 296 pages
Published October 17th 2010 by Lightning Strike Books (first published February 13th 2003)

Start your review of My Big TOE: Awakening
Edward Wolfe
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
This could've been great if he'd just been able to say what he wanted to say. But instead of doing that, he decided that he knew the landscape of every reader's mind and proceeded to terraform those minds, then landscape them, then construct a proper nursery where his ideas would have a chance to take root and grow.

I have never read a book where an author talks so much about what he's going to tell you, and does so little actual telling.

If you decide to read this, I recommend starting on chapter
Devilish
Oct 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This guy is verbose and over explains everything, just like me. I love it!
Evelina | AvalinahsBooks
The ideas, the thoughts are good, but my god, is this book damn tedious. There are numerous ways to present this without making your reader fall asleep every single time he picks up the book. I've read other author's works on similar topics and they did not bore me to death as much as this one did.

However, who am i to say that it's bad? it's Tom Campbell after all. All i'm saying is that his style is not for me. I couldn't even GET TO the ideas over the tediousness of his writing style.. Perhaps
Joseph Knecht
Jan 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
A must-read for everyone interested in the big picture view of reality.

Big Truth, like wisdom, is not something you can teach or learn from a book. It must be comprehended by individuals within the context of their experience. Each of us comes to an understanding of reality through our interpretation of our physical and mental experiences

If you have enough direct experience and a deep understanding of what is being modeled, the model becomes superfluous. With no direct experience, the model ena
Zarathustra Goertzel
Part I is a brief autobiography of how the author discovered that reality is bigger than he'd imagined and subsequently began to study and do experiments on the nature of reality.

Part II discusses the nature of belief, knowledge, and pseudo-knowledge before painting the broad strokes of His Big Picture Theory of Everything.

Unlike many reviewers, I find most content seems reasonable to include, aside from critiques of normal people and how they're so bad at maintaining Open-Minded Skepticism. :
Michael  Gajda
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A tough read. It took me a while. There's a lot to learn and to unlearn here. 1/3 of the trilogy is done for now. I'm sure I'll be going back with highlighter in hand the second time around. Enlightening, daunting, frustrating, exhilarating....
The kind of stuff I tend to gravitate to and kind of how I tend to grapple with things when I'm trying to write myself. Reading and writing should always be about discovery. And entertaining enough to keep you going. And this part of the Big Toe is just t
Daniel
First one down, two more to go. This challenging book has changed my worldview, and in turn my life, more than any other book. TOE stands for Theory of Everything. Thomas Campbell is a physicist and consciousness researcher who relates some of his personal journey ("skin in the game," as Nassim Taleb would say approvingly) in improving the quality of his consciousness, namely, evolving toward love. Using the most basic and fundamental concepts of science, Campbell asks the reader to be an open-m ...more
Ron
Mar 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I gave this book three stars because it is not well written on a number of levels. Having said that, I would encourage anyone/everyone to read this book because Campbell has some great science to back up a philosophy about the Ultimate Questions. If it did nothing more than to stir the neurons in your brain in a different direction - and it probably will - this book would be worth the several levels of tediousness it is written in. There is still a lot of excitement in the ideas Campbell offers. ...more
Andy
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This time I'm listening to the audiobook. It's even better 10 years later and I love Tom's comforting voice. ...more
Mazen Alloujami
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interesting but longer than the subject deserves.
Maher
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tom Campbell's Big Toe (Big Theory of Everything, not the one on his foot) is quite fascinating and I've been enjoying his lectures on YouTube for a few years now. I finally got around to reading his first book in the trilogy, in which he describes his beginnings as a young physicist collaborating with Robert Monroe and developing consciousness research protocols.

I've found the first section of the book, the biographical part, to be quite enjoyable and well written. The second part of the book,
Stephen Carlton
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Probably the most important, life changing book that I have ever read.

Over a period of months I had developed my own Theory of Everything linking consciousness to reality and the universe. This was developed from quantum mechanics and my ideas were backed up by the work of leading theorists in the field of Physics. There explanations of course we're always based around numerous complex equations which were beyond me.

I continued developing my theories and moved on into understanding consciousness
Ellen
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
dr_set
Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was ok
If the author would have written all the book as auto-biographical recount of his own path like he does at the beginning of the book, this would have been a marvelous experience.

He decided instead to spent most of his time announcing what would come further along on the books (3 of them, not just this one), and to remind us over and over again to have an open mind, which should not be necessary if you consider that I'm reading your book to begin with and that indicates that I'm opened to that ty
Clancy Birrell
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Big TOE the world needs.
A surprise book from a physicist who worked with Robert Monroe on his experiments with Astral Travel. I am thoroughly enjoying and improving the quality of my consciousness through this trilogy. I'm very much looking forward to the insights that the 2nd volume will bring.
It's worth your time. It is somewhat difficult material and you will need to invest some brain power to get the most from this series. But it's more than worth it for the ultimate prize of improving
Logan Streondj
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
There is a lot of fluff in the forward, then there is a good story of the authors personal experience followed by a lot of fluff mostly geared for ultra sceptical people who would have probably put down the book way earlier. So honestly can probably skip the part after his personal story.
Andrew
May 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
I’ll have to come back to this one in the future (not only to finish the other two books).
Mustafa
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting enough to make to read the next in the trilogy.
Roxanne
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
The phrasing is careful, and at times dense. But, the subject was so fresh and fascinating that I could forgive a lot.

The idea of a Oneness isn't new, but I'm used to enjoying my metaphysics served up with a big side of woo-woo. Not so common is a book like this, written by a no-nonsense, left-brained nerd like Campbell.

There are two more pieces of the story, which he promises we'll like even more. Fair enough : I've got Book 2 warming on the Kindle.
T.W. Fendley
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very provocative -- lots to consider here. Not the best book to listen to on audio since you do need time to digest the concepts as they're introduced. Will need to get the print version, too.

Love Campbell's sense of humor.
Shaunt
Apr 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: theory
To be taken with a grain of salt...

It's a so-called scientific book on metaphysics. As entertaining and fascinating as the topic is, what a bunch of horse shit. In the first section alone, ex-nuclear-physicist Thomas Campbell confidently claims to have developed the ability to communicate telepathically. He denounces drug-induced out-of-body-experiences, yet spends eight hours a day zapping his brain with electrodes for a "natural" trip.

I wonder what sci-fi i have to look forward to in books 2&3
Pamela
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thomas Campbell's personal story is thrilling to read. And then there's the second half of the book... Good thing I'm used to working with engineers! Gives me some tolerance for the lengthy explanations. Still, I'm on to the second book in the trilogy. The ideas are simply too profound and exciting to throw out due to presentation. ...more
Gabriel Camacho
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing theory that integrates science and spirituality at a very deep level

I liked this book a lot it's the best and deepest theory the integrates science and spirituality with an amazing level of detail and in depth
Ralphe Wiggins
Dec 30, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual, discard
I hate this web site for the difficulty of entering reviews!!!!

Bigoted, wordy, patronizing style.
Timothy Robert Smith
Nov 28, 2013
Vab
Apr 07, 2021
Sebastian
Apr 23, 2021
Jean Gonnella
rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2019

• Permanent Record
  • The Power of Concentration
  • The Courage to be Happy: True Contentment Is In Your Power
  • The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking
  • God Touched (Demon Accords, #1)
  • Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
  • Fingerprints of the Gods: The Evidence of Earth's Lost Civilization
  • The Kingdom of God Is Within You
  • What I Believe
  • Fundamentals of Gnostic Education: Learn How to Think, Not What to Think
  • Treatise of Revolutionary Psychology: The Gnostic Method of Real Spiritual Awakening
  • Idiot
  • Infinite Powers: How Calculus Reveals the Secrets of the Universe
  • Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon
  • Hercolubus Or Red Planet
  • Extending the Linear Model with R: Generalized Linear, Mixed Effects and Nonparametric Regression Models, Second Edition (Chapman & Hall/CRC Texts in Statistical Science Book 124)
Physicist; author of "My Big TOE." TOE is an acronym for Theory of Everything. ...more

My Big TOE Trilogy (3 books)
  • My Big Toe: Discovery (My Big Toe)
  • My Big TOE: Inner Workings (My Big Toe)

News & Interviews

“Tiny positive or negative increments in the quality of your intent, over many thousands of choices, eventually lead to either an increasing or decreasing consciousness quality.” 7 likes
“Big Truth, once understood and assimilated, always modifies your intent, and invariably leads to personal change.” 3 likes