Start by marking “Blind Devotion (The Shifter Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blind Devotion (The Shifter Chronicles, #3)

Blind Devotion

(The Shifter Chronicles #3)

The Shifters: Book Three

In Haven, Montana, the shifters and their human allies are safe—for now. But that safety hinges on the town’s location remaining a secret, and it’s about to be compromised.

Cougar shifter Travis Kuger spent the past ten years alternating between craving revenge and wishing he could forget his painful past. Ever since the shifter-hating Knights
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 116 pages
Published August 15th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Blind Devotion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Devotion

Start your review of Blind Devotion (The Shifter Chronicles, #3)
Ami

The third novella in M.D. Grimm's "The Shifter" series is the my favorite so far -- and in my humble opinion, has the best plot yet. There are a few things that tip this story to my favor ...

1) A less than perfect character. Sure, Travis (the cougar shifter) is said to have a beautiful body; but he is blind. His blindness is a result from being tortured by anti-shifters organization, in which they burn his eyes with acid. I like character with physical flaw, it is something I always
Christy
One of the things that has really struck me about 'The Shifter Chronicles' series by M.D. Grimm is the wide variety of plots and storylines in each successive book. There is nothing cookie cutter, although the Agency and its antithesis the Knights are a continuing theme and the author expands on each. In this volume, I was struck by the idea of a blind cougar shifter, particularly since he was tortured by the Knights, and revenge is foremost on his mind.

It's been six years since Travis made it
Phaney
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Oh yes. Much better. There’s a real sense of story and even world-building in this one and the overall quality is definitely going up.

That is not to say the writing style itself has improved much. However, because the storytelling aspect works so much better (pacing, plot – and reactions making more sense), I found it easier to ignore the problems.

Something else, though? So far every single volume in this series has been about guys who have been more or less friends for years, with both of them
Didi
More of love story in The Shifters world. This time pairing Haven's sheriff wolf-shifter and a blind cougar shifter. I loved how this two spent years getting close before blurting the ILU and those you-me-mates short of thing. The pack politics, as always, just... grrrr! Fortunately, there was shift and breakthrough in the tradition in the end.

What intrigued me was the presence of the Agency vs Knights felt more in this book. Not as much to make this story couldn't be read as standalone, though.
Jacq ~

Ok~The mating was off once again...I'm am so going to have to chalk this up. This is corney and friggin boring. I am so done with this series!
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This review can be found at The Armchair Reader.

This series is a bit unique compared to the usual shifter stories. This isn’t because the shifters are extravagant but the world they inhabit is. There’s outside forces like the Agency, which keeps shifters safe and keeps them from being outed to humans, and then there’s the Knights, who have a very real, very intense hatred for all kinds of shifters. There’s also the fact that there’s no chemical bonding shifters together; they mate when
Fehu
Review originaly written for pants off reviews:

Blind Devotion is the third book in the Shifter series, it can be read as a stand-alone, which I did and while I missed some information, it was not relevant to my understanding of the story.

Travis, a now blind cougar shifter, watched his family being butchered by the Knights; he managed to escape but lost his sight. He came to the shifter town Haven in search of help and healing but decided to stay and let
Morgan  Skye
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Travis is hurt by a group of hunters who hate shifters. He finds his way to Haven, a place where shifters can be safe. He is befriended by Jack, but resists anything more because he’s afraid to love again. He lost his entire family to the hunters and can’t risk that kind of emotion again.

Jack has been slowly falling for Travis, for years. But he can’t be with someone not a wolf shifter and still be in the pack’s good graces.

When danger comes to Haven, Travis and Jack are forced to admit their
Candice
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

This is probably my favorite couple yet of this series. Jack is the sheriff of the town Haven (a secret shifter town in Montana) and a wolf shifter in a prejudice pack. He's been crushing on a somewhat new man in town for the last 6 years. The thing of it is though is that this new guy is a cougar shifter. Jack knows his pack will never accept him.

Travis, a cougar shifter, ended up in Haven 6 years ago because he was kidnapped and experimented on by The Knights. His family was
Miriam
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story more than the previous stories. I think the friendship between Travis and Jack had a real sweetness to it. Although we don't get to see much of the build-up of the friendship, there are the ways that they interact with each other that helps show how connected they have become. I'm hoping we'll see more of the Agency in future stories as I think they are an interesting element to the world-building, but we're still only getting glimpses of what they are doing.
Jarrod Scarbrough
Another fun adventure in Grimm's shifter series! I'm hooked on these books. Gay shifters, murder, intrigue, secret fae societies battling for good and evil, romance, and yeah, a healthy dose of steamy sex! With this book, we get more insight into the inner workings of The Agency and The Knights, and now I can't wait to read the next one!
Riina Y.T.
What can I say about Jack & Travis?

Jack, a cougar shifter, lost his family to the Knights - an organization who hates shifters and is after them (kill them all, 'cause they're evil monsters kinda thing). Jack managed to escape before he ended up dead as well, sadly he lost his eye sight during their horrible experimenting. Determined to get revenge, Jack eventually made his way to a small town somewhere in the middle of nowhere, where shifters and humans are living together in peace and
Sarina
3.5* Review written for Love Bytes Reviews.

There’s just something really appealing about this series; the plots may not be overly complicated, but I enjoy the characters and how each story builds upon the ones previous to it. In this one, you have Travis, a young man who was captured and forced to watch as his family was killed before being blinded himself and Jack, the Sheriff and close friend of Travis’ who would very much like to be more. Both men are attracted to one another but each is
Secretly Reading
Originally reviewed for The Book Vixen

In a Nutshell: Good MM shifter romance with a balance between sex and story that is too rare in the genre.

The Set Up: Six years ago Travis was blinded by the Knights, a shifter-hate group who killed his family. He lives quietly in a shifter town, Haven, where he’s built a friendship with the wolf-shifter sheriff, Jack. Now Jack wants their relationship to turn intimate but his wolf pack wouldn’t tolerate a cougar shifter as his mate. When a dangerous spy
Tj
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-freebie
This book has a slightly different twist using the shifter plot line. The main characters are Jack the sheriff and Travis a writer. Their relationship has grown over time and both are reluctant to act on the attraction. The book takes place in Haven, Montana. Haven is a haven for several species of shifters and a few humans who know their secret. Various species of shifters living in harmony sounds good... well apparently even prejudice, mistrust, misconceptions and judgement can abound even in ...more
Ashley
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Travis has spent time wanting revenge or trying to forget he saw his whole family tortured and then murdered before his sight was taken from him, all because he and his family were cougar shifters. After escaping from those that held him captive, Travis made his was to Haven, to seek help in getting revenge for his family. Ten years later he still hasn't gotten around to asking for the help, but when trouble comes to town, he will do anything to stop it.

Jack was the first person to find Travis
CB
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are 5 parts to the overall story and only 2 ( The Beginning and Scrolls) are out so far, which include 12 books - about 20 books will be in the total (see author's website for complete listing).

I have read them 2x now as more books have come out. Each book has it's own story but there is a back story that threads throughout them - I will wait until all the parts come out now to be able to complete the overall story before reading again.

Also, the next time I read the series, I will read it
Ilona
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though this is book three in a series that I haven't read before, it didn't seem to matter. The story stood up very well on it's own and was very interesting.The two main characters are different shifters that aren't supposed to want to be together. One being a wolf and the other a blind cougar shifter. Yet somehow the author has made their love story interesting and added a dash of suspense by having psychics as the enemy of the shifters (and the cause of the cougars blindness). There was ...more
Brandilyn
Feb 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, read-2015
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

Blind Devotion is the 3rd full installment in MD Grimm's Shifters series. In this volume, we finally start to get into the meat of the Agency/Knight rivalry. We also examine fear of the unknown, discrimination, and stereotyping.

For Full review please see: http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?pos...

Meggie
This third book in series "The Shifters" is enjoyable enough, but easily forgettable. I liked Travis, his past was really brutal, but then I wished his first 6 years of living in Heaven would be part of the story. I don't enjoy how M.D. Grimm writes. Mostly we are only informed about some actions and aren't part of it, which makes the whole storyline reserved and cold.
V
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series gets better and better,the plot is witty, and the secondary characters are quite interesting. I don't know why I waited this long to read this series.
Poe I can't wait to read more about you.
You are one sexy short man.
Rachel Emily
I continue to enjoy this series and I think each new book is better than the last. Fun shifters, an interesting continuing conflict and plot, and interesting characters and dynamics. Can't wait to read more!
Anna
good story line but too verbose with not much coherence. continuity disruptions all over the place! This is the first I've read by the author, but the third in her series. I'm hoping the others are better
EscaPe iNTo thE PaGEs
This book was an awesome addition to a really cool series. I love that Travis, the cougar shifter was blind. I think it is very refreshing when authors go outside the norm with main characters. I have already read the next story and i hope the author comes out with more.
Mary
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book! It's my favorite in the series so far. It was nice to read more about the Knights and the Agency, and I liked the POVs from multiple characters. I look forward to reading the next one.
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A enjoyable story with good characters
DoaJaneoDoe
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 05-2015

3.5

Moniqee

The story plot is nothing special but the story buildup was ok together as does its characters.
Lexi Ander
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-shifters, novella
Just a short note. Each book of this series is better than the one before. This one is my favorite so far. I look forward to where Grimm takes this.
Dreamspinner Press: Blind Devotion by M.D. Grimm 1 11 Aug 15, 2012 01:20AM

• Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup, #1)
  • Phoenix Reborn (Alpha Pack, #7.5)
  • Dravyn's Garden (D'Vaire #15)
  • Cole's Redemption (Alpha Pack, #5)
  • How to Archive Family Keepsakes: Learn How to Preserve Family Photos, Memorabilia & Genealogy Records
  • Someone To Hear Me
  • In the Lion's Den
  • The Edge of the World
  • Once Bitten (Javier Coven, #1)
  • Twice Shy (Javier Coven #2)
  • Shadow's Seduction (Immortals After Dark, #16; The Dacians, #2)
  • Masterful Men Collection
  • Hunter's Heart (Alpha Pack, #4)
  • Black Moon (Alpha Pack, #3)
  • Savage Awakening (Alpha Pack, #2)
  • Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1)
  • Lucky's Seven (Team Paladin #1)
  • Owl's Slumber (Trials of Fear, #1)
M.D. Grimm has wanted to write stories since second grade (kind of young to make life decisions, but whatever) and nothing has changed since then (well, plenty of things actually, but not that!).

Thankfully, she has indulgent parents who let her dream, but also made sure she understood she’d need a steady job to pay the bills (they never let her forget it!). After graduating from the University of

The Shifter Chronicles (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Psychic Moon (The Shifter Chronicles, #1)
  • Celtic Warrior and Wolf Spirit (The Shifter Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Love is a Whirlwind (The Shifter Chronicles #2)
  • Ghosts of Halloween Past (The Shifter Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Hunter and Hunted (The Shifter Chronicles, #4)
  • Healing Minds (The Shifter Chronicles, #5)
  • Hearts and Minds (The Shifter Chronicles, #5.5)
  • Master's Blood (The Shifter Chronicles, #6)
  • Hunted Guardian (The Shifter Chronicles, #7)
  • The Serpent and the Angel (The Shifter Chronicles, #8)