Start by marking “Enemy Of My Enemy: Spirit Walk Book Two (Star Trek: Voyager)” as Want to Read:
Enemy Of My Enemy: Spirit Walk Book Two (Star Trek: Voyager)

Enemy Of My Enemy: Spirit Walk Book Two

(Star Trek: Voyager: Spirit Walk #2)

Chakotay and his sister, Sekaya, are imprisoned on the formerly Cardassian-occupied planet of Loran II. They soon discover that their tormentor is an old enemy: Arak Katal, the Bajoran who betrayed Chakotay's comrades, the Maquis, to Starfleet. Worse still, he is also Chakotay's second-in-command, Lieutenant Andrew Ellis - for he is in fact a Changeling, a shapechanger, a ...more
Published September 4th 2012 by Simon & Schuster UK (first published December 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Enemy Of My Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enemy Of My Enemy

Shadowdenizen
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: startrek
3.5 stars (rounded down.)

While I like the so-called "Relaunches" of both DS9 and Voyager, this duology left me cold. (Chakotay has always been my least favorite of the Voyager case, and it's not even close.)

But, especially after the "Homecoming" duology [which left me craving more], this series really had nothing to recommend it for me.
Cheryl
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The best part was when Wesley Crusher was mentioned for no apparent reason.
Mary Ellen Grace
This book was the best story in the post Voyager-returns-home timeline. I stayed up until 1 am to finish it.
Without giving away too much, I enjoyed how craftily Golden wove all the characters into the story. Particularly when Harry Kim figures out who the bad guy is. He contacts all his former shipmates to help in the solution. Many new characters from other stories in the timeline make appearances here. It's exciting, riveting, and just a darn good story.
Erica
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this continuation to Spirit Walk. I think it's a great book that has depth to it. I love the way it deals with human nature, deception, friendship and spirituality. And, as usually, Christie Golden writes the story and the characters beautifully.

Three of them there were now; his cultural Self, his Starfleet Self and the Maquis. Traditionalist, adventurer, rebel. He was all of these. Janeway, too, was more than one aspect of her personality. They were all Changelings, in their way,
Sharon
This is a continuation of the Story Enemy of My Enemy. Once again if you don't care for spiritual themes in Star Trek you might not want to read this but as it is an integral part of Chakotay's character I have no problem with it.

Chakotay and his sister have been taken prisoner and are subjected to experiments. Janeway apparently still considers herself as Tom's mentor and begins to groom him in the ways of diplomacy by ordering him to be her guest at an event as she attempts to convince a worl
Nathan Burgoine
Well, as far as the Star Trek: Voyager books go, I'm starting to get a little frustrated. While this had an admirable A-plot (a changeling, the return of Krell Moset, etc), the B-stories are starting to annoy the crap out of me. I'm finding the Trill doctor annoying (have we not done the whole 'past life becoming too dominant' thing with Jadzia and Ezri already?) and the new counsellor drives me crazy (she comes off like a child, not a counsellor). Ugh. I dunno. Even the Torres/Paris' child plot ...more
Heather Mac
Another SUUUUUCK. Seriously, Harry Kim suddenly becoming chief of security? With absolutely no training, after he'd become chief of operations right out of the Academy? Why move him to another department?
Richard
Pretty good plot... Just wished it had been one continuous book!
Benjamin Plume
Not bad. Works just as well as part one.
Jenn
Just plain awful.
Adam
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic Star Trek sci-fi novel.

One of the highlights for me, is that the author tied in a lot of the current events of that time into the story. Little Easter eggs from DS9, next generation and of course, voyager.

From a fans perspective, I really enjoyed reading about the progressions of the main cast from the series. The plot lines were realistic and believable.

Recommend.
Kristina Deluise
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good.
keep wishing for the original gang to get back to gether...
book ends on a c;iff hanger that you did not see coming.

the above was spirit walk book one

below is book 2 is what this is for
usually don't like books when other people are pretending to be others
but this was figured out quickly so that part wasn't bad

book was good,
Yvette
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read that in one sitting! Good conclusion to the main story. And a hell of a cliff hanger to the B story and main story...didn’t really see them coming.
Jamie
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book.
Natalie LaRue
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another intriguing and page-turning Voyager book!
Daniel
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book finishes the "Spirit Walk" story and is a continuation of the storylines established following the Homecoming novel. In "Enemy of My Enemy" we discover why Moset and the Changeling are so very interested in Chakotay and his sister. The book, is very... spiritual in nature. Towards the end, it becomes a "mind and body are one" type of book where a scientist, of all people, has to make a leap of faith and understand that the two are linked, which should be obvious. Most of the book is sp ...more
Jimyanni
Oct 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
This book does a fair job of finishing the story "begun" in "Old Wounds", although really that book was itself a continuation of "Homecoming" and "The Farther Shore". I would not recommend reading this book unless you've read all of those, but if you have, you'll probably need to read this one in order to finally get something resembling a conclusion. The book is reasonably well-written, although there were points when the plot seemed a bit trite, and others where it was difficult to suspend dis ...more
Fred Scrooge
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Bad.
Todd R
Sep 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trek, trek-voy
I wanted to give this 4 stars but the last few chapters cemented a 3. Really enjoyed the characters and the Janeway affair. Some of the New Agey spirituality was just as cheesily presented here as in the Voyager episodes forcing me to skim through it pretty quickly.

Overall the two book series was a fast read. Christie Golden usually does a fine job of getting to the parts that matter and keeping out what doesn't.
Sabine
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2. Teil von Chakotays erster Mission als Kapitän der Voyager. Zusammen mit seiner Schwester Sekaya ist er in die Hände eines Wechselbalgs gelangt und dieser gibt sich nun als Chakotay aus - das hat natürlich schwerwiegende Folgen. Doch Kim und Tom retten mit Hilfe des taffen Admirals Janeway die Voyager erneut.

Wieder einmal superspannend was Christie Golden hier niedergeschrieben hat. Und der nächste Band in der langersehnten deutschen Übersetzung folgt im Oktober.

Angela
The Captain has been kidnapped, and been replaced by a changeling who cannot change much. The crew are suspicious and involve Janeway in their scheme. This is a direct follow up to Spirit Walk 1, so you need to read that first. It's a decent story but does not have the wow factor the previous volume had. All plot lines are nicely completed, including the Trill one. A good read.
Fraser Coltman
These are my junk food reads. On one of the episodes of Voyager two of the characters were caught up in a 20th century soap opera, wanting to know what would happen next to the people in the story. I guess I'm about the same with my interest in these novels.
gerald chalker
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good

Very good read keeps your interest all the way through the story hope that there is a follow-up book soon

Amanda
Oct 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story. It left some things open for more books. I hope that the relaunch of Voyager will continue...
Kristen
May 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, sci-fi, star-trek
This one had more action. Fun!
Deanna
Feb 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!! Loved it! First one was a little bit better though. I loved the ending WAY Better on this one.
Robert Lewter
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a good read.
Karl Schaeffer
Good quick star trek read. Not a bad story, even though I didn't read Book 1. I'm not as invested in the Voyager storyline as I am in the original series, TNG & DS9.
Fate's Lady
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
The interesting conclusion to a two part series, this did leave some questions unanswered in the end, but it was a good ride.
Liz
Jan 05, 2010

• Full Circle (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Cohesion (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #1)
  • Evolution (Star Trek Voyager: String Theory, #3)
  • The Nanotech War (Star Trek Voyager #39)
  • Q & A (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Echos (Star Trek Voyager, #15)
  • Chrysalis (Star Trek Voyager, #12)
  • Distant Shores
  • Trill and Bajor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Vol. 2)
  • The Garden (Star Trek Voyager, #11)
  • The Black Shore (Star Trek Voyager, #13)
  • Cybersong (Star Trek Voyager, #8)
  • The Final Fury (Star Trek Voyager, #9; Invasion, #4)
  • Orion's Hounds
  • Before Dishonor (Star Trek - The Next Generation: The Second Decade #4)
  • Cardassia and Andor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #1)
  • Pathways (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Endgame
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn

Star Trek: Voyager: Spirit Walk (2 books)
  • Spirit Walk (Star Trek: Voyager; Spirit Walk, #1)