Start by marking “Confessions of a Serial Egg Donor” as Want to Read:
Confessions of a Serial Egg Donor

Confessions of a Serial Egg Donor

2.87  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Growing by nearly 20 percent annually, the business of egg donors is exploding in the United States. Demand for young women's eggs keeps outstripping the supply in an ever-accelerating pace, prompting the compensation to skyrocket - from $250 per donation in 1984 to $100,000 in some cases today. Every year more outlets are created to satisfy this demand. These infertility ...more
Published August 25th 2004 by Adrenaline Books (first published August 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions of a Serial Egg Donor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confessions of a Serial Egg Donor

Kirsten
Jul 06, 2010 rated it did not like it
My library didn't have this book, so I could have A) purchased it from some random person online since it is out of print. or B) Asked my library to get it from a far distant library. Boy am I glad I didn't spend a dime here. Poorly written, poorly edited. Don't title your book like it's an expose if all you're exposing is how uninformed and cavalier you were when you went through a long and involved series of medical processes. Don't come crying to me.
Julie Jones
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
My husband bought me this book as I have been donating eggs in Australia for 4 years now and he thought it may be interesting for me. Here we don't get paid so a lot of the story line was very shocking to me-mostly about the complete disconnect the writer shows with what she is doing. The writing was not fantastic and hard to keep my interest. Frankly there just didn't seem much point to the story.
Brad Slaight
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A friend of mine suggested this book to me because I was working on a project that I needed some infomation on egg donation. This is a well written and interesting look at egg donation from an actual egg donor. Through Julia's story and first hand accounting of the process I learned a lot and at the same time was fascinated by her personal story. Recommended it to several of my friends.
Julie
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interesting, thought provoking read. Insight into the lack of oversight of the medical community. Also presented some moral conflicts for the reader to ponder... If you can read into the issues really at hand. Who allows a donor to donate 10 times, producing over 20 eggs each time?
Jen
Mar 21, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bookclub
Could have been fascinating, but was painful and annoying. Didn't like her at all. Very shallow, vain, whiney. Disappointing.
The perspective is interesting and I wish there were more books out there from donors, but I found the author herself fairly immature, unlikable, and shallow. She emphasizes her petulant snotty attitude every time professionals tried to warn her about donating too many times, assumed there were no valid reasons. She emphasizes the novelty of being an "egg" donor with attention seeking behavior, and casually blows off the implications of eugenics, as she talked about the compensation for donating ...more
Mariya
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Confessions of a serial egg donor" is by far my favorite book written by Julia Derek. Her writing is brilliant and vivid. It made me feel almost physically the pain that the main character is going through.

This book leads the reader towards the ever-lasting dilemma of the ethical and the material in our society. The shocking factor is that Julia and many other college girls just like her would risk their most precious possession- their health, for a ridiculously low and insignificant compensat
Kelly
Apr 30, 2013
Brittnee
Aug 07, 2013
Julia Derek
Jan 03, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Talibah
Sean Hisgen
Feb 03, 2018
Brent
Mar 07, 2018

Julia Derek is originally from Sweden and is a trainer by day and writer by night. She's the author of several mystery and thriller books.

More about Julia Derek