Start by marking “Moose Tracks!” as Want to Read:
Moose Tracks!

Moose Tracks!

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  326 ratings  ·  46 reviews
There are moose tracks on the back porch . . .
in the kitchen . . .
in the den . . .
There are moose tracks EVERYWHERE!
Who left all these moose tracks?
Published March 1st 2006 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published February 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Moose Tracks!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moose Tracks!

Ralf Urbach
Love the incorporation of animals. Very colorful illustrations and i really took notice to all of the different ways the animals expressed themselves. My children laughed all through this book and one of the books that we had to keep coming back to read over and over again. Another great rhyming book that sticks with the children.
Karen
We LOVE Karma Wilson in my house!! My 2 year old and I really enjoyed most of this book, but the ending came very abruptly and was a little disappointing.
Rosa Cline
Normally my 3 year old granddaughter and I LOVE Ms Wilson's books but this one was just not 'it'; it leaf us wanting to pick up "Cow Loves Cookies" or one of her Bear books. It was 'intresting' but overall it just didn't do it for us. The illustrations are very 'busy' so some pages are overwhelming at times. My granddaughter that usually points and smiles at pictures didn't during this story reading. Not trying to put this book down it just wasn't our 'cup of tea'...
Ina
This book is a mystery/guessing game with humor and rhyming text and great pictures. Who made all the moose tracks that are all over the house? The narrator tells us about a series of visits from friends, and the variety of things they leave behind, things that he remembers ("Bear hair" and "nutshells") but always ends with the refrain, " but WHO left all these moose tracks!" The kids really got into this book, They laughed at all the mess, marveled at all the interesting friends that our narrat ...more
Karen
I LOVE Karma Wilson. So many of her books are pure brilliance. This one, however, is not one of them. It didn't help that I didn't like the over-the-top cartoon style illustrations.
Samantha Gacke
Moose tracks are found all over the house, but the main character can’t figure out when they got there.

This book was very entertaining, because the main character can remember all the other animals that left things like the hair and feather, except for the moose tracks. He goes through the whole house, where we see all of the different animals, along with the interesting stories that go along with them. The book is filled with colorful images of the animals and the house scenes. The pictures are
Naomi
Adorable rhyme with a mystery twist. The illustrations in this book matched the cuteness of the text.
Carrie
5 year old says: "I liked it when he thought he didn't make a mess"
Bailey Johannes
May 08, 2015 Bailey Johannes marked it as to-read
Shelves: science-fiction
Had good reviews.
Lisa
Currently one of my favorite picture books.
Dani
This book allows children to see how poetry can tell a story. This book has a phrases that rhyme and teach kids how to incorporate that into their writing. It also shows how to write a mystery. You want your readers to have enough information to make guesses about it, but not so much that they no longer care about what they are reading.
Candice
May 18, 2011 Candice rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
There are moose tracks all over the house! How did they get there? The narrator knows where the bear hair came from, and the nut shells, goose feathers and mouse prints. They were left by visiting friends. But moose tracks? A fun rhyming book with the refrain, "But who left all those moose tracks? Funny illustrations, too.
Matthew
This book is just right for a younger reader. Both the author and illustrator do a great job of drawing out the gag. I'll admit that it took me a while to put two and two together and figure out where all the moose tracks were coming from. I won't give that away for you if you haven't figured it out yet.
Jess
Mar 30, 2012 Jess rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jess by: part of moose story time
Shelves: z_12, picture-books
Moose tracks are EVERYWHERE, but our narrator can't remember inviting a moose over. What is going on?

In my experience, Karma Wilson books are go-to preschool/kindergarten readalouds. This isn't my favorite, but it'll do.
S.K.
Very fun read! I wondered if the narrator was the dog...then I wondered if the mouse maid was leaving the moose tracks...have to say I was surprised by the culprit :) Nice ending and was fun to read again. Cute illustrations. My 5-year olds like to pick out the different animals and count the birds.
Betsy
I need to create a "read aloud" shelf--some books were born to be read aloud to a group of 4-5 year olds; Moose Tracks is a great example. My kids and I didn't realize what was going on until near the end of the book.... And that's all I'll tell you about the plot. Karma Wilson does it again.
Carly
My kids have enjoyed every story we've read by this author. (She wrote "Bear Snores On", its companion books, and many others.) The question "Who left all these moose tracks?" is asked repeatedly and Sterling, my 2-year-old, always responded "I don't know!" Fun to read.
Kim
(357 words) Karma Wilson's rhymes keep children laughing with these animals and their shenanigans.

Help support Independent book stores - please use this link to find a store near you or to purchase MOOSE TRACKS: http://www.indiebound.org/book/978068...
Chris
This story features an unknown speaker trying to figure out exactly how moose tracks got all over his house when he doesn't recall a moose visiting. The ending reveals that he himself is a moose - and probably is not as neat and tidy as he thought!
Melanie
There are moose tracks all over the narrators house! How did they get there? There is evidence of other animals as well but the providence of those are known.

Children will enjoy trying to figure out where the prints are coming from.
Laura Salas
Very clever. Fun progression of animals. Meter seems off to me occasionally--other than that, I love this book.

Why, look at me--I AM a moose
and I don't make a mess!

Beaver eating wood -- could work in perfect for a pig.
Kate Hastings
Pre-K to Grade 1. Readers try to solve the mystery of where the moose tracks came from. I figured it out right away-- but younger readers may be left in suspense. As always, the illustrations are lovely.
Kimberly
These books are always so cute. I love the rhyming that doesn't punch the reader in the face on every page, and the plot that has the surprise ending that as an author, I still could not foresee.
Megan
What a fun read-aloud! The narrator can explain the bear hair, mouse prints, wood chips, and nut shells in his house, but who left all the moose tracks? The answer will delight!
Molly
I really liked this up until the last page! It seemed so out of place to me, that I thought I had a defective copy! Oh well, the storytime kids still enjoyed it.
Missy
A cute mystery good for ages 3-6 I'd say. Fun rhymes and pictures with detail. A good library book, but I passed it up in the book order.
Leona
cute little rhymes tell the story of all the different animals that have visited his house, but none could have left moose tracks.
Krissy
Oct 11, 2007 Krissy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Pre-K
Shelves: picturebooks
Didn't seem as well thought-out as others she's written. The idea was clever, but the word choice didn't impress me. Still, it was cute.
Amber
A kid's mystery with a surprise ending! I liked this one more than the kids did, but I like mystery novels too, so go figure.
  • Looking for a Moose
  • Ernest, the Moose Who Doesn't Fit
  • My Heart Is Like a Zoo
  • Grumpy Bird
  • All Aboard the Dinotrain
  • Can You Growl Like a Bear?
  • Just How Long Can A Long String Be?!
  • Do Like a Duck Does!
  • I'm Not Cute!
  • Duck, Duck, Moose!
  • I Spy With My Little Eye
  • Jump!
Karma Wilson grew up an only child of a single mother in the wilds of North Idaho. Way back then (just past the stone age and somewhat before the era of computers) there was no cable TV and if there had been Karma could not have recieved it. TV reception was limited to 3 channels, of which one came in with some clarity. Karma did the only sensible thing a lonely little girl could do…she read or pl ...more
More about Karma Wilson...
Bear Snores On Bear Wants More Bear Stays Up for Christmas Bear Feels Sick The Cow Loves Cookies