Start by marking “Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure” as Want to Read:
Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure

Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Relive the wonder of Sea Monsters, National Geographic's 3-D Large Format Film, and learn more about these weird prehistoric creatures of the deep. Here's the Official Children's Companion Book to the giant-screen film which launches in October on giant screens nationwide. Sea Monsters leads kids into the Late Cretaceous Era, 80 million years ago. Stunning images of giant ...more
Published October 9th 2007 by National Geographic Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Sea Monsters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea Monsters

Walt
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other
I knew this was a kids book. I knew it was a companion piece to a movie. However, I am truly surprised at how short the book is. This is a story of a female dolichorynchops (Dolly) from her birth to her fossilization. It is kind of a cute story, even if the inspiration is the giant shark tooth that fossilized with her in her fin. The quickness of the violent deaths of her mother and brother in such quick order suggests that the book maybe is not appropriate for kids after all. The lack of furthe ...more
Rosa Cline
This was an interesting Science book without being to very technical. The cover says it's An official companion to the giant screen film. After reading it to my son we remembered seeing this show on Science or Discovery channel. The illustrations were very nice as they describe various creatures that live in the ocean-sea.
Leelan
Sep 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the Dinosaur geek in all of us!
The pictures are fabulous! The text is pretty good too. I have exchanged several emails with the consultant for this book and find him to be not only smart but approachable, easy to talk to. If you missed this in the theaters then you should definitely check it out on DVD.
Allan Ornelas
Nov 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like it because it is amazing and how many sea monsters are, how big are they and there are a big gaint shark that is call "Megadon" and that is very great and exacting.
Spoke
Mar 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It jumped around and repeated itself a bit too much, but interesting nonetheless.
Leelan
Sep 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art
Did not mean to click this one. I have the hardback. :D
Robert Kaufman
Jul 09, 2015
Dana
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
even it was a kid book. But I enjoyed learning about sea monster so much. it was very easy for the readers to imagine and follow up with all the information written in the book. the pictures were so beautiful. I enjoyed each line in this book.
the boys