Start by marking “Going to the Chapel (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Going to the Chapel (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #2)

Going to the Chapel (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn #2)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  302 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Who will become the new minister of Grace Chapel? The church board can't stop squabbling, and every week the congregation hears a sermon from a different minister. Finally, a charming man is appointed to take over the pulpit, but the townspeople offer him a chilly reception. During his stay at the inn, the sisters slowly warm up to him. But will he win over the townsfolk - ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 323 pages
Published December 31st 2005 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2003)

Bonnie McHenry
I wasn't sure if Iwould continue to read this series, but decided to pick the second one up. So glad I did. I adsolutely couldn't put it down. Sweet, touching, funny, sad, and all with a couple of twist and turns that have you guessing right up until the very end. Love how the characters have developed and how each story line interwines. Will definately pick up then next in the series. I have fallen in love with Acorn Hill and Grace Chapel Inn.
Ronna
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a nice change! I really like gritty mysteries, and relationship books where someone is always doing something terrible to someone else, but this second book in the Grace Chapel series, is a wonderful read about reasonable people, with normal issues in a small town.

Three sisters have decided to run a bed and breakfast in their father's huge old home, right beside the Grace Chapel Church where their father was the minister for years before his death last year. Aunt Ethel had lived with her b
Jerry
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another fun volume in this series.
Dee Schwinn
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. We are in the same situation in our church. I see many of the same "parishners " .. the names have been changed. It was also good to follow the three sisters and the challenges they face.
Linda
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Pleasant story. A quick read.
Donna
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
More inspiration and warm characters as a new pastor arrives. I am very much enjoying the series.
Deborah Meabon
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is probably the third book I've read in the Tales from Grace Chapel Inn series. Some of the descriptions and wording seemed a little too deliberate for my taste - kind-of like a parent stating the obvious in a very deliberate way (like they do when they're trying to say, "if you were listening the first time, I wouldn't have to repeat myself" kind-of tone...). Otherwise, the story line was pretty good, set in the year following the death of the father of the sisters who operate Grace Chapel ...more
Mom
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
The sisters find all sorts of things happening around them. Things are misplaced from where they thought they were.
Louise thinks something is happening to her mind.
Jane wonders if her dad, the minister, wished she would come home instead of going out into the world.
Alice wonders if she is doing too much, her volunteering with the young people at her church, nursing, and working around the house which is now an inn.
Aunt Ethel is against everyone who is interviewed and says they are not like her
Michele
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
An uplifting book, the 2nd in the Grace Chapel Inn series, about the lives of Louise, Alice & Jane, sisters who inherit the old family house after the death of their father (also pastor of the neighboring church)& turn it into a B&B. I enjoyed reading about these 3 good-hearted women who have struggles & trials as well as joy & happiness. In this book, we learn about the man who will replace their father as pastor of the Grace Chapel and the problems he faces in filling those ...more
Micki
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet, entertaining story with several intertwining plotlines. Well written and the story flows nicely. Even though this is the second in the series - this is definitely a stand-alone book. I haven't read the first book, but the author seemlessly introduces characters and how they interact with the story in such a way as I never felt that I was "missing something" from the first book. Would recommend to anyone who wanted to do some light reading. Faith and Christianity are prevalent through ...more
Agnes
May 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
Typically, I don't write reviews or give ratings for books that I haven't finished reading. I decided to make an exception on this one. I didn't listen to much of it before I decided it was not for me. The setting (small town), characters (ministers and people who like to garden), even the cover illustration and layout are strongly reminiscent of the Mitford/Father Tim books by Jan Karon. However, the writing and the see-through plot left much to be desired. It seemed like a weak, watery version ...more
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
I really enjoyed the storyline very much but what is driving me batty is that everytime one of the characters is thinking something it's written in a larger size text, different font, and in bold. It's annoying and intrusive. I have not run into this in other Grace Chapel Inn books so perhaps it's just this individual author. (There are 13 different independent authors who wrote 39 books in this series.) The story itself is very well done. Just wish they'd have done the "thinking" thing where a ...more
Terri Milstead
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Terri by: Joann Hinds
This book was brought to me by a parishioner and I enjoyed the read. It's a charming story about three sisters who are newly back together in their hometown and running their family home as a bed and breakfast. The church their father ministered is looking for a new pastor and so the story is also about the search for and the transition to the new pastor. This was a sweet and easy little read. Nothing real surprising to it, but not wholly predictable by any means. A nice way to spend the last fe ...more
Meadow Frisbie
Oct 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
The three sisters are having another turn of events in their small town and in their beloved Grace Chapel Inn. When a search goes out for a new pastor...the members of the town simply can't decide or agree on anyone. And when a Silver dealer stays at their inn....their most precouis silver starts disapearing.

It was good, a light read. Nothing that makes you really think. The people are fun and light spirited. Would recomend for a lazy day.
Ruth Ann
There were multiple story lines but my favorite theme was that God wants us to use our life challenges to help others. In this book, Louise is a widow who has lost her husband to cancer. Therefore, she has come to avoid hospitals in order to try to forget the pain of watching someone she loved suffer and die. When the new pastor asks Louise to accompany him on a hospital call, she is taken aback that God is about to use what she considers her worst life experience to help others.
Deb Kendall
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
2nd book in series. I read this book after the 3rd book so a little out of order. In this book the congregation of Grace Chapel is looking for a replacement pastor for Daniel howard the sister's father. They have had several applicants before the board but can't decide on someone to fill his shoes. His sister Ethel is being very hard nosed about it. Finally a pastor from Boston comes for an interview and some of them find him a good choose. Now they need to get everyone to believe in him.
Jill
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
#2 in Tales From Grace Chapel Inn. I didn't realize this series was written by several different authors. The sisters are still running the Grace Chapel Inn and the story continues to interest me and the characters are written as if the same person was the author. Tears and laughter. Not a romance book. God's Grace continues to shine in Alice, Louise, and Jane.
Elaine
Nov 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: guideposts
Folks on the board are not agreeing on who they want for the new pastor of their beloved Grace Chapel Church. No one seems to be able to fill the shoes of Louise, Jane, and Alice's father who pastored the church for over 50 years. Some folks are expecting the new guy to be like their old pastor.

Items go missing and then later, turn up in odd locations.
Hyacinth
Mar 31, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. This is one of those clean, wholesome books that has you smiling as you read. It's almost as if you can see the characters in the book. Some actually remind me of some church folks I know. I love how the sisters worked together and that Ethel is a mess! Nothing over the top or surprising but just an overall feel good book.
Diane
Mar 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd in a series. I am half way through the book and it is a lite read. It is a good wholesome Christen story in a small town where everyone know everyone else.A place where I would really like to live. It takes you away from today's fast paced living.
Melissa Stoltz
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love guidepost series Grace Chapel Inn. The sisters turn their home into an inn after their father passes away. They meet alot of people through their inn and always seems to help someone along the way with their faith,just love the whole series.
Michelle
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Each book in the Grace Chapel Inn series has a mild mystery in it but they are mostly about the lives of 3 sisters who have turned the family home into a B&B. Published by Guideposts so they are very spiritual.
Phyllis
Mar 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Easy read
Doris
Jan 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Book 2 of Grace Chapel Inn series. Okay to listen to.
Jewett
Mar 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
just a little too sweet to get four stars, but I enjoyed it anyway.
Kitty Tomlinson
Jan 02, 2009 rated it liked it
New pastor comes to town.
Kaen
Jan 22, 2016 added it
wonderful book
Melissa
I liked this book. it's a short easy book to read. I didn't realize it was #2 in a series. I didn't feel that I missed out on any information by not reading the first one.
Dawn Brown
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just as good as the first one. I can't wait to see what the sisters and Aunt get into next. So glad that the pastor worked out for them too. Very sensible man and very witty. Good Book!
Sharon
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoy the Grace Chapel Inn books.
Madison Mega-Mara...: Going to the Chapel - 12th Feb Book 1 2 Feb 22, 2013 05:12PM
  • Recipes & Wooden Spoons (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #3)
  • Hidden History (Tales From Grace Chapel Inn, #4)
  • Something Old, Something New (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #10)
  • We Have This Moment (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #11)
  • Mystery at the Inn (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #19)
  • The Spirit of the Season (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #21)
  • Eyes on the Prize (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #43)
  • A New Leaf
  • Fiesta Moon (Moonstruck #2)
  • Promises of Change  (Ladies of Covington, #8)
  • A New Chapter (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #1)
  • Lucy Come Home (A Yada Yada Journey of Hope)

Tales from Grace Chapel Inn (1 - 10 of 45 books)
  • Back Home Again (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #1)
  • Recipes & Wooden Spoons (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #3)
  • Hidden History (Tales From Grace Chapel Inn, #4)
  • Portraits of the Past (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #5)
  • Winter Wonders (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #6)
  • Home for the Holidays (Tales From Grace Chapel Inn, #7)
  • Slices of Life (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #8)
  • Midsummer Melody (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #9)
  • Something Old, Something New (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #10)
  • We Have This Moment (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #11)