Start by marking “Sanctuary (1-800-Where-R-You, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sanctuary (1-800-Where-R-You, #4)

Sanctuary

(1-800-Where-R-You #4)

JESS MASTRIANI

Knew she wasn't going to be able to hide her psychic powers from the U.S. government forever. But she never thought that she and Dr. Krantz, the special agent brought in to convince Jess to join his elite team of "specially gifted" crime solvers, would have something in common.

When a local boy's disappearance is attributed to a backwoods militia group, it

Published January 9th 2007 by Simon Pulse (first published September 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanctuary

Karishma
Sep 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
Look at my status updates to see why I gave it only 1 star.
Nasty Lady MJ
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
To see full review click here.

And this is where the shit hits the fan.

Man, this book is so outrageously unrealistic it’s sort of laughable. But at the same reason, that’s why I love this particular installment. Honestly, I could see it as a midseason finale if this was ever to get a proper TV show (not one that simply uses its premises then has the main character regulated to background character and has a guy played by Mateo Santos be Not Rob to Vivica Fox who’s just randomly in the TV show).

An
Bree
Apr 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The beginning was kinda boring. Though I have to say it was a good book. My favorite part was where she jumped over the collapsed bridge with the truck. I was bursting out laughing. Then how she describes the way to the hospital and crashing through the glass windows. I had to bite my lip to stop laughing. It was a good book but the ending wanted me to read the fifth and last book right away. Over all it was a good book.
Brittany
Aug 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica "Jess" Mastriani was never what anyone would call a normal girl, but ever since she was hit by lightning, she can find anyone if she sees a picture of them. Since getting this new talent, Jess' life was made miserable by the media and the military, so Jess pretended that she can't find anyone anymore and so is officially without powers. However, there are a few people that know she can find people and most of the people in town, as well as the FBI, are pretty sure that she is faking. So ...more
Irishgirl1247
Jun 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fya, fantasy, favorites
Re-read book 4

It's Thanksgiving! and like the Gilmores Jess has found her self invited to more than one Thanksgiving diner.

Ok only two, she's not quite the over achiever the Gilmore are.
But one is Rob's house, that has got to count for something right?
Wait what! Rob has actually invited her to a date like situation!?! Is this progress? Yes, Yes it is. and we are rewarded with a pretty awesome scene after dinner.

But before we get to that Jess has to endure dinner with her family, including cr
Chloe
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I probably should've read the first three books first, but this book was the only one in the shop. So sue me.

16 y/o Jess has been constantly stalked by the FBI ever since a freak lightning bolt gave her psychic powers. Disliking her ability, Jess lies and says she has lost the power. But when (view spoiler), Jess knows she has to come out of 'hibernation' and save a kidnapped Jewish boy, wit
Kayla
This. Book. Was. So. Intense. From the first page, it had me hooked, and I finished this in a day and a half. Jess was especially witty, Rob seemed especially hot, and the entire thing fit into one action-packed book. Filled with angry motorcycle gangs, evil backwoods militia groups, and creepy FBI agents, this book will definitely have you on the edge of your seat.

I love Jess. She's a great female lead, telling the story with sarcasm that has me wanting to roll on the floor laughing. She's inde
Michelle. D.
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Alida Arabelle
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really cool and jolly book. Really missed meg cabot never knew such a book existed it was fun...I just loved jess and rob romance really sweet ...hmm psychic to find missing people pretty cool. Really love her carefree writing totally enjoyable.
Arra Abella
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young Adult (girls)
The events in this fourth book were quite intense. There were a lot of action going on--gunfires, injuries, explosions, bumpy rides, etc. I might say it was one hell of an adventure, though it did not really give me the very thrilling feeling or excitement.
Piyumini Buddhika
Enjoyed it!
Melissa
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really good! Loved Rob and the Grits but poor Sean and Nate. Off to read the last one next
Vanessa
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Diandra
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS SERIES I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT! It is an easy read, I read it when I was 12, but I loved it, and still reread it til this day.
Mary
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
wow this book was amasing DOUGLESS HAS A GIRLFRIEND
Primadonna
Mar 28, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: teenlit-ya
Not Cabot's best work. Predictable, cliche, and somehow the chemistry between Jess and Rob isn't that great. Still, I enjoyed it.
Heera Shetty
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
she finally told her parents,now it's going to get a little more interesting.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I thought this was the weakest of the series so far. I normally like Jessie a lot, but she kinda went off her nut with the stupidity in this one. Oh well. I hope the 5th one is better.
Jessica
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i LOVE this series. now if i could just get the third book...
Tessa Palmeri
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. It's a good take on being a teenager when weird things happen that change your life.
NS
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I'm in love with Rob. What else.
Angela Cutrell
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I really loved this one. I can't even nail it down, but this was the most fun book in the series. Yes, this one gets ridiculous, and is pretty on the nose with the massive backwoods militia that's apparently been right outside of town this entire time, but it's FUN. I enjoyed reading it.

The action is definitely the focus this time around as things inevitably evolve into Jess and Rob busting into a backwoods militia bunker. Now, was that Jess being TSTL and she should have just let the m
Zara
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, re-read, 3-stars
"The peace sign is with two fingers, not one. Don't they teach you children anything in school these days?" (Great Aunt Rose)

⛈ Jess is an awesome heroine. She's witty, feisty, honest and she doesn't stand for any nonsense. In Sanctuary, she has her moments of silliness and stupidity, but because she's so real about who she is, I didn't mind it.
⛈ Ultimately, I had to suspend disbelief while reading Sanctuary, especially towards the end, because the events that occur are utterly absurd and unli
MaryBeth Isaac
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I like to read literary fiction and often read YA to take on something lighter between novels. Since this is a series and they are quick reads I have read back to back. I only rated 3 stars because it is not what I consider a "great" work BUT it the books are fun and I cannot deny that Meg Cabot has an incredible skill for capturing teen angst perfectly and humorously. Every sentence she writes is executed with a perfect blend of sarcasm and wit and it is difficult not to appreciate that.

These
Jane Rose
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Meg Cabot opravdu umí psát. Příběh mě držel a už nepustil, takže jsem to přečetla celé najednou. K tomu jsem si dala celou sérii od začátku, abych si osvěžila paměť.
Rob je pořád stejně úžasný jako obvykle. Předpokládám, že v dalším díle posune Robův a Jessin vztah o kus dopředu (ke všemu, když to bude poslední díl) vzhledem k událostem v tomto díle.
Jess mám opravdu hodně ráda, protože je nebojácná a vždy připravena nakopávat lidem zadky.
Byla jsem překvapená vývojem Douglase, u kterého jsem h
Brandi
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book blends seamlessly with book 3. If they were packaged together in an omnibus, you wouldn't be able to tell where one ended and the other began, it was that smooth of a transition. The series is still fun and quite enjoyable, and it was a nice, quick read. Takes maybe 45 minutes to read the whole thing, with interruptions. The plot was interesting and engaging, and the characters feel familiar, as though they are real people you could know, instead of fictional characters. Very well writ ...more
Tamika
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really love this series. It's simple, and funny. It hasn't lost my interest yet. and I feel like that's saying a lot.
Spoilers Ahead*****

I loved Dr K he was pretty awesome... I thought I would like him, in the last book. But no he's cool!! I love Chigger too!!! I so want him in the next book! I am kind of disappointed, we still haven't learned barely anything about Rob! Don't get me wrong, I love his character, there's just no foundation there. I feel like the books are getting darker with eve
Amee
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story line, well written, couldn't stop reading it. The series could (and did for a while) have ended there, but I'm glad she wrote a fifth book.
Mallory
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down!!! It was great!
Tamar Zakay
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Eventful, but not enough to make me want to stop doing everything to read it.
Goodreads Librari...: Please Combine 2 10 Jul 06, 2017 01:01PM
BYU-Adolescent Li...: Sanctuary 1 1 Jun 03, 2013 11:24PM
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Sanctuary - (1-800 Where-R-U #4) 1 4 Feb 01, 2012 11:19AM
  • Platinum (Golden, #2)
  • Secrets (Fingerprints, #4)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • The Scarlet Letterman (Bard Academy, #2)
  • Twisted (Fearless, #4)
  • What Happens Here
  • Kisses and Lies (Scarlett Wakefield, #2)
  • Felix, Net i Nika oraz Pułapka Nieśmiertelności (Felix, Net i Nika, #4)
  • Flying High (Angels Unlimited, #3)
  • Angels on Sunset Boulevard (Angels on Sunset Boulevard, #1)
  • Violet Eyes (Violet Eyes, #1)
  • The Secret Life of Sparrow Delaney
A pseudonym of Meg Cabot, under which she wrote the first 4 1-800-Where-R-You books (When Lightning Strikes, Code Name Cassandra, Safe House, and Sanctuary) and the first 4 Mediator books (Shadowland, Ninth Key, Reunion, and Darkest Hour). These 8 books have been re-released under her her real name.

1-800-Where-R-You (5 books)
  • When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1)
  • Code Name Cassandra (1-800-Where-R-You, #2)
  • Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You, #3)
  • Missing You (1-800-Where-R-You, #5)
“The peace sign is with two fingers not one.” 282 likes
“Who-who are you?" Seth asked, hesitantly."Wh-what do you want?" How else was was I supposed to reply? The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them.I mean, I'd only seen the movie like seventeen times.
"I'm Luke Skywalker," I said. "I'm here to rescue you.”
35 likes