Start by marking “Bride of the Water God, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Bride of the Water God, Volume 2

Bride of the Water God, Volume 2

(Bride of the Water God #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  1,792 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
Habaek, the mysterious Water God, is cursed to live his days in the form of a little boy-while he turns back to his true adult self at night. His new human bride, Soah, thinks that she's been married to a child and has no idea that the attractive "Mui" is actually the adult Habaek. Surrounded by a cast of colorful elemental gods and their servants, Soah is tempted by flirt ...more
Published February 19th 2008 by Dark Horse Books (first published October 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Bride of the Water God, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride of the Water God, Volume 2

Miriam
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic
Even lamer than the first volume; at least that had some stage-setting going on. Nothing happens in this one, it's just Soah and Mui wandering around continuing their ridiculously needless bodice-ripper-style "misunderstanding" and being angsty about nothing. (Well, Soah has some grounds for angst since she is in a strange place with a strange useless husband and everyone but her has supernatural powers. But she isn't angsting over that; she's angsting about boys.)

Seriously, this misunderstandin
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
Check out more manga and graphic novel reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

As the second volume of a manhwa it's hard to grade. Basically I feel for this volume what I felt about the first. See my review of volume one...

The art is gorgeous! Sometimes confusing... I did understand some of the frames that were unclear but is that me reading better or the drawing being better...?

The plot is compelling... in this volume Soah learns about Habaek's past being in love with Nakbin is introduced and thro
Badseedgirl
A heroine needs to be more than a pretty face!
Zunaira Ghazal
Aug 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Hmm. I can't tell who's who, keep confusing names and the art is overtaking the plot again. Every character is so secretive, if i hadn't wiki-ied his, i wouldn't even know what's going on in the background. Does anyone know a written novel version of this type of a story?
Shalaine Mccall
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of anime
When reading this fascinating book I have come to love Japanese anime. The first time I read this book I was confused there were pictures all over the place and I couldn't keep track of what was happening. I then started to understand the book when I read it over and over again. Once I figured out was happening in the book I began to understand what was occurring in the text. The Bride of the water God, Vol.2 is a book filled with suspense and mystery of the beautiful Soah, a human, who is mar ...more
Hikaoru
Is this historical romance and only I didn't get the memo?

There's always a scene where the main character would give an antidote via mouth to mouth. As I get older, it seems so juvenile and not plausible. Plus, ingested drug is the slowest way for you to be cured.

I guess the most interesting thing about this would still be the age regression of the Haebak's body every morning. I wonder who cursed him...
Meike
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
*3.5
Nicola Mansfield
Dec 12, 2009 rated it liked it
The man at night has told Soah that his name is Mui and he is the Water God's cousin. They are falling in love but neither will admit it to each other or themselves; there is much antagonism between them. Soah is given the opportunity to return home and yet she refuses. She learns of Mui's secret (that he is really the Water God by night) but from an unreliable source and this volume concentrates on her trying to find out the truth. I found the wordless panels quite hard to figure out exactly wh ...more
Nisha
Oct 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
October 14, 2009

Beautiful art, but the story board is all jumbled up that its hard to follow. Even in English, it seems like I'm reading a different language.

Still, its really pretty to look at. Mui is so hot. So is Habaek, if I was a pedophile. He's just a really cute kid, with a bad disposition.
------------------------------------------------------------------

September 5, 2011

My thoughts haven't changed much in 2 years. The art is still amazing to look at. But I feel like the pages or the sto
Kara
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it

Not much happens as Soah ignores all evidence that she is married to a divine version of Jekyll and Hyde, but Oh My things get steamy!
Cassandra Carico
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Alright, I am definitely getting sucked into this series. I think I may have a crush on Mui.....
Regina
So, I know I was a bit harsh on the first volume, complaining about quite a few stuff, but let me say this, I think most of my problems are fixed here. And it's not because the translation got better or anything, it's because the story got what it needed the most: Focus.
To be honest, I am kinda ashamed that I could not pinpoint this issue when reviewing the first volume (I will nore retroacively correct that though). It tried to get every card on the table, so of course the flow was a bit broken
Johann  Divine (Bibliyowhan)
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Transitions of scenes are still quite confusing but I am getting the hang of it, plus there are some inconsistencies I have to point out. In Vol. 1 Mooee introduced himself as the cousin of Habaek, but in this volume, Soah referred Mooee as the older brother of Habaek. Which is it really? Then there was a scene wherein Habaek is in a child's form and Soah called him Mooee and he responded with that name, Soah could have figured that out that they are one person, or was it a typo? I also noticed ...more
Nanly
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
A bit angsty, and the plot was still all over the place.

(view spoiler)
Grace Mullins
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like that this manga has more of a fantasy world feel than the K-Drama adaption. It had enough mystery, drama, and humor to make me enjoy it. Oh, and the romance. <3 Read it in one day, and look forward to the next volume.
Amandine
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Les interactions entre Mui et Soah, je les adore ! <3 le chapitre au marché de la nuit est mon préféré ! :D et Huye... the creeper... Il sait que Soah est la femme d'Habaek mais il continue à les provoquer, c'est fou !
Mosley Allen
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, manga
This volume had just what I wanted, the story line sucks you in and you cant look away from the detailed pages. I got a little mixed up on some of the side characters but Im dying to have the time to read the next manga.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
Carrie
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Had a harder time following the story this time but on to the next one.
Samantha
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
PopSugar Reading Challenge - book in a series that I have already started
Rachel Fortin
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Beautiful artwork but the story line didn’t keep me as engaged as the first. Nevertheless moving on to number 3. Gotta see how this plays out
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
starting to go somewhere but no real big progress but introductions are over and now we're getting to know personalities of the gods and more in-depth of the world.
Emily Dones
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The art style and the storytelling gives it such a mystical feeling that I just love. I just rejoice in the nostalgia and warmth this story brings to me
Mary
Dec 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
Pretty art cannot save a story built on misunderstandings solely used as a plot device to further a terrible romance. This is not my kind of story and I won't be continuing this.
R
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So beautifully done. This volume was a bit confusing but Soah is confused too so I guess it makes sense! I can't wait to read more.
Christie
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Beautiful art but the story doesn't really seem to be going anywhere. I hate all of this "if only he/she knew but he/she will never tell" stuff.
Merve Akpınar
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Manga olarak internetten okuduğum "The Bride Of The Water God" 124 chapter olarak girilmiş fakat kitap olarak aldığınızda goodreads de 24 kitaba denk geliyor ve sanırım 2.cildini bitirmiş sayılırım çünkü her cilt 5 chapter'a denk geliyor ve 11.chapter'a geldim 😊✌
Keyifli bir manga üstelik dizisi de başlamış. Henüz 12 bölümü yayınlanmış biraz farklı işleniyor manga ile ama yine de çok sıkıcı değil.
Eisah Eisah
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Inessa
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis : http://www.betweendandr.com/2013/08/0...

J’avais tellement aimé le premier volume de L’Épouse du Dieu de l’eau, au point que je me suis précipitée sur amazon pour commander les trois volumes suivants. J’étais vraiment impatiente de découvrir ce que la manhwaka nous réservait pour la suite.

Dans ce volume on retrouve une Soah toujours aussi perdue. Elle a vraiment du mal à cerner Habaek. Puis elle est intriguée par Mooi, cet homme mystérieux et à la personnalité complexe, qui n’apparaît
Courtney
Not bad. I still like the illustrations, and the outfits are really pretty. Not entirely historical, more like historical inspired I think. I could be wrong, though. Um...

Story wise, it's interesting, I guess. It's not bad, but it's not one where you feel like you HAVE to find out what will happen next, or anything. Seems more lazily-paced to me. We're still mostly in the dark about Habaek's past, and where the story is even supposed to be going. I think for me, it's another 2nd priority read -
  • Goong: The Royal Palace, Vol. 3 (Goong, #3)
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 2
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 3 (A Bride's Story, #3)
  • The Tarot Cafe, #5
  • Model, Vol. 3
  • Basara, Vol. 3
  • Black Bird, Vol. 14
  • Red River, Vol. 6 (Red River, #6)
Mi-Kyung Kun (윤미경) is a Korean comic artist; she is currently publishing the Bride of the Water God series in the Korean comics magazine Wink.

Received the Silver Medal for Seoul Media Group's "Shin-in-gong-mo-jeon" ("New Artist Debut Competition") for Na-eu Ji-gu Bang-moon-gi (The Journey of My Earth Visit) in 2003.

Received a "Shin-in-sang" ("Best New Artist") award from the Dokja-manhwa-daesang

Bride of the Water God (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Bride of the Water God, Volume 1