Start by marking “I'm Bored!” as Want to Read:
I'm Bored!

I'm Bored!

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
It’s Sunday afternoon and Charlie’s bored. Then he trips over his teddy bear, who, much to his surprise, responds by shouting, “OW!” It turns out that Teddy is bored, too, because Charlie never plays with him anymore. Together they round up the other toys and launch a full-scale attack on boredom, using tubes of paint and kitchen implements as weapons and pot lids as shiel ...more
Published April 17th 2006 by Clarion Books

To ask other readers questions about I'm Bored!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Bored!

Juliana Lee
When Charlie's parents and sister don't want to play with him, he's bored. But so are Charlie's toys because he never plays with them anymore. Then Charlie has an idea, with the help of his toys, Bear, Robot, and Donkey, Charlie builds a fortress to battle the monster Boredom.
Heidi-Marie
I love the use of color in this book, and I really enjoyed the child's imagination. This will make a great read-aloud book in storytime or as a lap-read, but particularly if you can use some good voices. There are a couple of times when I'm not sure who is talking, so I'd have to figure that out. But otherwise, I think this is a pretty good choice.

4/27/10 & 4/29/10: The kids were OK with the story. They didn't show much attention until the end. I think the way it was written (with so much di
The Brothers
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: boredom, imagination, toys
I was a bit surprised at how much Asher (5 y.o.) and Dex (2 y.o.) enjoyed this book. It's about a little boy animal (of unspecified species - fox? dog?) who is bored and complains about it to his parents. His toys come alive and start complaining to him how bored they are. Together with his toys, the little boy decides he's out to defeat boredom! Using his imagination, he devises a way to banish being bored.

Illustrations are good - I especially like how when the little boy is bored they illustra
Shelli
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I'm Bored is not a phrase I personally allow in my house. Chores or sure to follow if heard being muttered. A little boy (critter?) gets a lesson in why not to say bored from his forgotten toys who have been ignored and rather bored themselves. They decide to solve the battle of boredom with an actual battle. I love the style that the illustrations where done in. All things "boring" were done in greys, then colors infused the pages as the fun ensued.
Jenny
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
My favorite part is when he mentions that's it's Sunday afternoon and he can't use the computer or tv. My kids can so relate! Second favorite part is when he toys tell him they're bored because he doesn't play with them. Third favorite part is the truth that sometimes not being bored is messy!
Scott Roark
Nov 18, 2011 rated it liked it
This book could be used for a text to self exercise, all kids have times were they are bored, and their parents are busy. Imagination takes priority here, so students could write a similar story of what they did when faced with the same situation.
Sarah Winters
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
The pictures are what really make this book; so detailed and colorful. I thought the storyline was really unique and kids would find it intriguing. Recommended for first to third graders.
Rose
Dec 08, 2008 added it
Shelves: childrens
E Sch
Kris DeLabio
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
What imagination can be like during play. Good book.
Ardis
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, picture-books
Adorable and clever- not only the words, but the way the book is illustrated as well.
Taralee Scott
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
(Picture Book) I loved the way the pictures demonstrated his getting rid of boredom. A great book for teaching about dialogue or imaginative play. Every child can relate to the story!
Megan