Start by marking “Let's All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have” as Want to Read:
Let's All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have

Let's All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have

Download TWO FREE CHAPTERS here.

Annie F. Downs admits she's not exactly the bravest girl in the world. She still cries sometimes when she leaves her parents' home in Georgia, she's never jumped out of a plane, and she only rides roller coasters to impress boys. But Annie knows that courage resides inside each and every one of us, and she's on a mission to triumph over he
Kindle Edition
Published July 29th 2014 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Let's All Be Brave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's All Be Brave

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been listening to quite a few self-help audios as of late, and this was another good one. I liked the emphasis on being brave and truly living, making the tough choices to get you in a better place. Very positive and accepting, which is how I like my self-help books. :)

Summer 2017 Book #16
Elizabeth
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
I have seen this book reviewed on several blogs this summer so I was thrilled to get the chance to read it. I've never heard of Annie F. Downs or read her blog but the reviews were all great and a book about courage has to be awesome, right?

I just couldn't get into this book. I tried, I really did, but I didn't like it.

First of all, this book is about courage, yet the most courageous thing the author did was move overseas (then back again a few months later) and then a few hours away from her p
Amberle
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was not a book about being single, but that was part of it. This was not a book about changing jobs, but that was part of it. This was not a book about moving to new places, but that too was part of it. And this book was exactly what I needed to read at this point in my 30-something-single, restless, scared-to-step-out-of-my-comfort-zone life.
Sheila Allen
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in love with this book! It's very encouraging and makes me feel like I need to go do all the things I have been too afraid to do! Yes we all need to be brave! I love how Annie writes!
Added bonus to the book was finding she mentioned my sister on page 147! Love it!!!
Cara Putman
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book but Remember God is my favorite. A good reminder to dare to be brave and do hard things with and for God.
Melissa
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to Annie F. Downs, it’s always 5 stars. 10/10 recommendation
Julia
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This took me maybe a year to read. But it was worth it. Read if you need encouragement to be brave and to follow God unto all the ways He’s asking you to be brave, knowing He will always be with you.
Jaimie Tee
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was easy to read and had a good flow. There were many aspects of this book that I enjoyed, such as the fact that she is capable of writing from different points of view, which is something that I find immensely satisfactory. One of my favourite lines in this book is, "Somewhere, at some point, she started being brave--- probably before she even realized it. It wasn't when he told me. It was long before, when something in her heart began to beat with a different rhythm." This line stru ...more
Kendra
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a chicken in some ways. It often takes me too long to make hard decisions or to follow a path if I'm not sure of the outcome. I lacked courage in my younger years in some ways, and as a result I wasn't as happy of a person as I am now. I don't like being inefficient, so this is a hard fact to swallow. I'm a lot better now--I like saying yes to opportunities. I find that working on keeping my mind in a healthy place keeps my default position set to yes. While reading this book, I was challen ...more
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have had this book for ages and decided to read it to finish up my reading goal. This book was the perfect book to finish up the year. It inspires me to be brave and to start my new year making braver choices. I always love Annie's writings so I knew I'd love this book, but one main chapter touched my heart more than her writing typically does. It was towards the end and called "Jesus" which brought me to tears. This book is definitely worth reading!
Layne Anderson
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so sweet. I love that it's fairly raw, seems journalistic and daily entries-esque. You feel like you're along the journey with her - she has great humor, great voice and tone. Overall enjoyed this book for a light hearted, feel good and empowered, quick, easy read.
Madeline
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of those books where I was just so sad that it ended. Annie writes with this beautiful balance of humor and deep connection to the Bible and understanding of what it means to walk in bravery with Christ.
Natalie Herr
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick read. Enjoyed it and took away some sweet encouragements about courage and Jesus.
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3 or 3.5 stars. Full review to come.
Kat Carmo
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was a quick easy read. I agree that it felt a little more geared to a younger reader. I enjoyed following the journey of decision making and courage it took to move away from home as have embarked on a similar journey myself. It felt to me like the last few chapters finally landed the kind of heartfelt and holy narrative I was craving all the way through. My highlight was the added touch of identifying both the cafes and music Annie immersed herself in along the journey of writing this ...more
Amanda Cain
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Earlier this year I enjoyed reading and reviewing Annie Downs’ first book, Perfectly Unique. So when I read that Annie was writing a book on being the brave person God created you to be, I was excited.

Some of you who know me well know that I am not a brave person. I struggle daily with being a people-pleaser, battling my natural tendency to be consumed with making sure those around me are happy, suffocating in the little boxes I try to squish myself into, just to make sure other people like me.

I
Leah
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let's All Be Brave is a book for me, and for almost everyone--it's another in a progression of autobiographical memoir-type reflections by highly committed Christians I've been reading, books by folks brave enough to open themselves up and be more than a bit vulnerable to a general public. Like a close friend who's not too clingy, Annie Downs brings the reader along as she walks, talks, and travels. From Georgia to Tennessee to Edinburgh. As she takes her portable office (laptop) into the snack ...more
Hallie Szott

In Let’s All Be Brave, Annie F. Downs writes inspiring words of bravery and courage – and I know I, for one, needed to read them. Not always an easy choice to make, bravery is worthwhile, and Downs boldly tackles the challenging aspects of making the choices to overcome fears and live bravely every day. Her voice shines through her prose beautifully and conversationally, and her message is clear, down-to-earth and applicable. I felt challenged and encourag
Janet Richards
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was purchased for me by my sister and at a perfect time in my life for bravery. I enjoyed the Christian perspective that was accessible and not overwhelming. She tells life stories that support living in faith and bravery. For me - I am more aware of daily decisions and choices that I make that lean toward bravery or fear. I'm working on choosing bravery more and more daily.
Abby
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Annie writes like you're talking to a friend. Through these short essays and stories from her life and lessons, I was encouraged and challenged to identify my God-given dreams and bravely pursue them. It's not deep theology or heady challenges, but everyday nudges and the perfect "over a cup of coffee" book.
Alyssa Stirling
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great book! I loved how she approached writing it and incorporating more personal experiences to teach the lesson or tie into a thought. The last few chapters really started to hit hard for me. This book tied in great with a book I read earlier this year (The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst) since making best yes decisions and being brave usually go hand in hand.
Stacy Luce
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
It took me a while to get through this, but I really liked it! I feel like I can relate to the author, and I love how she encourages everyone to bravely do what God asks, not worrying about what others may think.
Bethany
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Let's All be Brave is an honest, easy-to-read memoir about following God and living by faith. I would recommend it to any young woman who is serious about finding the will of God and doing it even when it scares her.
Stephanie Thoen
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would recommend this book to every young Christian. Wait...to every Christian no matter the age. Read this book. Let's be brave together!
Jillian Eliza
2015 Reading Challenge -- A book based on a true story
Danielle {halfdesertedstreets}
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, non-fic
I think I'll reread this a bunch. ❤ ...more
Julia
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Bravery begets bravery,” (Downs, 19).
I adore Annie F. Downs. We first “met” when she joined the cast of the Relevant Podcast, and I’ve been devouring her work ever since. She speaks to my soul in a way few others have, and I always leave feeling like I’ve had a nice, long chat with a dear friend who has walked the path of life just a wee bit ahead of me, calling back with wisdom about the things I will encounter in the future. I am a better person for “knowing” Annie.
All that being said, it’s
Rachel Marie
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a while of sitting here to figure out how to review this book. I'm still not sure how. See, this isn't my usual type of book. Yet, something about this one spoke to me, drew me in.

Annie wrote with open honesty and vulnerability typical of these kinds of books. She shared things from the deepest parts of her life. Her hopes, her dreams, her fears. She illustrated these points with stories from her life, or with stories from Scripture, which I thought was exceptionally well done. Howev
Christine Edwards
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I see what you did here, Annie. You spoke like a real person, almost letting us into your personal journal. This was really cool of you. And yet, I wonder about the chapters that mirrored each other... stay/ go... say yes/ say no. I can't decide if you didn't want to make anyone feel bad for doing one and not the other (and maybe that's why you included them), but these felt less natural... less organic compared to the other things you presented. Overall, I think I picked your book up at the pre ...more
David McClendon, Sr
If you are struggling, wondering what God wants you to do with your life, Let's All Be Brave: Living Life with Everything You Have by Annie F. Downs may help you find the answers.

This book is the story of a thirty-something, single woman coming to grips with her life and what God would like her to do.

Let’s All Be Brave can be funny at times. There are also times you will wonder why things happened the way they did.

We give this book all five stars. It is very well-written and entertaining. We t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Chasing God
  • Love Idol: Letting Go of Your Need for Approval - and Seeing Yourself Through God's Eyes
  • A Million Little Ways: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live
  • Wherever the River Runs: How a Forgotten People Renewed My Hope in the Gospel
  • Just Open the Door: How One Invitation Can Change a Generation
  • English Lessons: The Crooked Path of Growing Toward Faith
  • Out of Sorts: Making Peace with an Evolving Faith
Annie F. Downs is an author, blogger, and speaker based in Nashville, Tennessee. Flawed but funny, she uses her writing to highlight the everyday goodness of a real and present God.

An author of three books-  Let's All Be Brave Perfectly Unique , and  Speak Love , Annie also loves traveling around the country speaking to young women, college students, and adults.

Read more at anniefdowns.com  a
“I believe in the me God made and in the me God can make. I believe he made me on purpose and didn’t make any mistakes when it came to my creation. I believe he is doing a good work in me, and in you. And that though I am flawed, God is loving me and refining me and reminding me that God in me is where I can place my trust. And that is the place where I find my courage.” 7 likes
“Believe in yourself,” this is what I want you to think about. Don’t believe in yourself in such a way that you think you can accomplish anything on your own. You can’t. To believe in yourself means to believe that God made you and there is no one like you, that you have a unique call to courage, and that you can do the thing that is staring you in the face.” 6 likes