Start by marking “Relationships 101” as Want to Read:
Relationships 101

Relationships 101

Great leadership is built on great relationships!

Leadership is a relationship-intensive endeavor. If your people skills aren't strong, neither will be your leadership. "If people aren't following you," sums up New York Times and Business Week best-selling author Dr. John C. Maxwell, "then you're not really leading." In Relationships 101, Maxwell provides time-tested
Published January 13th 2004 by HarperCollins Leadership (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Relationships 101, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relationships 101

Start your review of Relationships 101
Andy Anderson
Jan 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: leadership, self-help
Good Book, easy read.

A Short Course in Human Relations.

the least important word: I.
the most important word: We.
the two most important words: Thank you.
the three most important words: All is forgiven.
the four most important words: What is your opinion?
the five most important words: You did a good job.
the six most important words: I want to understand you better.

How can you encourage others?
Remember that most people-
1. most people don't have faith in themselves
2. most people don't have someone
Vipen Sharma
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Zach
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's one of the best books I have ever read concerning with Relationships. It explains lots of things although it's mainly based on Relationships. Those who have problems while relating others or don't know how to deal with your environment properly, this is a perfect reference you can fully rely on. Thanks.
Mark
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Solid advice for what it is, more geared toward leaders, with some leaning to personal life also. Only bad part is he makes it sound like if you apply this advice, everything will come up roses. Unfortunately, life has lots of problems. Would like to see more detail about handling life’s problems. Maybe he does more detail in other books as this is just a quick read at less than 100 pages. I would still recommend this book.
Mo
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Relationships 101 by John C. Maxwell is a short, compact pocketbook. 1-day read. The book offers many short examples of good relationship skills in action as demonstrated by famous individuals such as Reagan, Kelleher, Lincoln, and many others. It also tries to offer practical advice on how to build relationships.

The take-aways:
• make others feel important in your presence
• to be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved (trust and respect are the foundation of any meaningful
Hesham  ellayeh
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Short Course in Human Relations.

the least important word: I.
the most important word: We.
the two most important words: Thank you.
the three most important words: All is forgiven.
the four most important words: What is your opinion?
the five most important words: You did a good job.
the six most important words: I want to understand you better.

So encourage them by
1. believing in them
2. recognizing their strengths
3. list their past successes
4. instill confidence in them when they fail
5. experience
Jeff
Aug 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the best read to help you if there is anyone in your life that you have difficulty communicating with. I have certainly changed the way I look at myself, and those around me. If listening has ever been a challlenge for you, as it has for me, this is a great short read to have around.
Joe O'Connor
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding; short book on how to improve relationships in your life, at work and home
Krishna
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the smallest book on relationships. However it took me about 2 months to finish this book. Every page is full on nuggets which have to be implemented. Else you lose the essence. One of hard hitting topics covered is integrity and the 10 questions on integrity will definitely make you think and introspect. A book worth its weight in gold.

One of the standout lines in the book " It is a waste of time to try to sell real answers to anyone who just wants to buy echoes". Working on not buying
Lee Angelo
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
This book is an easy read. Although Relationships 101 of John Maxwell is quite thin, it is rich of nuggets of wisdom on how to create meaningful relationships especially to leaders. One of my favorite part is where Maxwell cited and explained the things how go encourage people.

If you’re a leadership junkie, this book should not be taken lightly. Relationships with the right people is essential to becoming successful in your organization and in life itself.
Keith Irby
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Second time I have read this book and I got more from it this time than the first. Several good examples of how servant leadership, building trust, and planning to serve your family set you on a path toward strong relationships.

Simple, direct, and often not executed by many people. Worth time to read, but even worthier to ponder and act upon.
Jinna
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Well principled book, succint, easy to read. With the heading titles, it's very easy to organize the thoughts and go through the book quickly. The content is golden.

Take away for myself:

1. Put integrity as the main principle.

2. Get the core values together for family.

3. Listen and report back, and listen.
Christopher Ong
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A nice, shorter read compared to Maxwell's bigger books like "21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership" or "Developing the Leader within you 2.0". Maxwell touches on many relational topics and I really loved that he shared some very personal things that he does in his own family life as examples. He has a really great way of connecting with his reader. Highly recommended.
Pascha Kelley
This book provides great insight into how to become an authentic leader; a person who employees and others trust and respect. The book teaches how to build long-term success in business and other relationships. I've shared 70 highlights from this book.
Jacob
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great books about the basics of building relationships.
Brent
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is not about romantic relationships, but its about dealing with people. Good for those in leadership and business.
Mhmd Ngm
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good book
Corey Nery-Guity
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Relationships 101 explains the significance of positive human interactions. A great introduction to introspective look at how we are affected and effect our environment.
Mohamed Ibrahim
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read book with many important advice for any person.
Loay Al-khalaf
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Teaches the importance of relationships to be a successful leader.
Traceylee
Why

This book gives you tips on how to have a better relationship with family and with friends in your life
Taylor
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: business
Focusing on others, listening, and trust. If you’ve read anything by Zig Ziglar, Stephen Covey, or Dale Carnegie, this is that. Good toilet book. I miss toilet books.
Jared
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent and concise about human relationships.
A great tag a long book to How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Natalie
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked acronym believe
Servsntship service over pride
Integrity how and commitment to it no $ power situation discussion in last half hour of book
Will Rodrguez
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
It definitely reminded me the importance about family and serving others.
Stephen
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
READ MAR 2017

This is the first in the 101 series that Maxwell has created for R.E.A.L. He has since expanded the series to include other topics. This is a compact resource that will help anyone looking to improve in how they interact with others.
Denise Leora Leora
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another powerful, useful read from John C. Maxwell. Simple yet profound truths about how to have successful relationships in every area of your life. Worth a yearly read.
edgardo ramos
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Second time reading this book, enjoyed the simplicity but powerful message. Being a family man and school teacher I recommend this book
Luke
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
From dealing with family relationships to marriages to being a leader and learning how to service others to get what you want. This book for a small quick read was very very insightful I enjoyed this book tremendously and I recommend this read highly to anybody who wants to or needs guidance on building relationships with others. It's a very quick read and it was so good i never wanted to put it down.
Ruth
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
When I was assigned to read this book for an educational leadership course, I was expecting the equivalent of "Who Moved My Cheese?" or some such platitudinal pondering. However, I've found this book to be a fresh breath of air and a great remember of all those great skills I learning in Interpersonal Communication 101 in college. ;) A quick read and a good reminder of the important things about working with people!

• Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day
  • فاتتني صلاة
  • Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service
  • How to Measure Anything: Finding the Value of "Intangibles" in Business
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • The World's Most Powerful Leadership Principle: How to Become a Servant Leader
  • Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits of Wealthy Individuals: Find Out How the Rich Get So Rich (the Secrets to Financial Success Revealed)
  • حوار مع رجل الكهف في ما المثقف؟
  • Fast Focus: A Quick-Start Guide To Mastering Your Attention, Ignoring Distractions, And Getting More Done In Less Time!
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • Sh#t Your Ego Says: Strategies to Overthrow Your Ego and Become the Hero of Your Story
  • A New Hope - The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (Star Wars)
  • The Rules of Work: The Unspoken Truth about Getting Ahead in Business
  • The Generosity Factor
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military ...more