Start by marking “Relationships 101” as Want to Read:
Relationships 101

Relationships 101

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  1,023 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Great leadership is built on great relationships!

Leadership is a relationship-intensive endeavor. If your people skills aren't strong, neither will be your leadership. "If people aren't following you," sums up New York Times and Business Week best-selling author Dr. John C. Maxwell, "then you're not really leading." In Relationships 101, Maxwell provides time-tested princi
Published January 13th 2004 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Relationships 101, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relationships 101

Andy Anderson
Jan 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: leadership, self-help
Good Book, easy read.

A Short Course in Human Relations.

the least important word: I.
the most important word: We.
the two most important words: Thank you.
the three most important words: All is forgiven.
the four most important words: What is your opinion?
the five most important words: You did a good job.
the six most important words: I want to understand you better.

How can you encourage others?
Remember that most people-
1. most people don't have faith in themselves
2. most people don't have someone wh
لطيفة
نقط مهمة يحتويها الكتاب..تستحق الوقفة عندها وأفضل من ذلك
تطبيقها..
Hesham  ellayeh
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Short Course in Human Relations.

the least important word: I.
the most important word: We.
the two most important words: Thank you.
the three most important words: All is forgiven.
the four most important words: What is your opinion?
the five most important words: You did a good job.
the six most important words: I want to understand you better.

So encourage them by
1. believing in them
2. recognizing their strengths
3. list their past successes
4. instill confidence in them when they fail
5. experience w
Zach
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's one of the best books I have ever read concerning with Relationships. It explains lots of things although it's mainly based on Relationships. Those who have problems while relating others or don't know how to deal with your environment properly, this is a perfect reference you can fully rely on. Thanks.
Jeff
Aug 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the best read to help you if there is anyone in your life that you have difficulty communicating with. I have certainly changed the way I look at myself, and those around me. If listening has ever been a challlenge for you, as it has for me, this is a great short read to have around.
Joe O'Connor
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding; short book on how to improve relationships in your life, at work and home
Samaher
Aug 11, 2012 rated it liked it
نقدر نقول عليه كتيب , جميل خفيف يبين اساسيات العلاقات يعني كيف تكون قادر على التأثير في الناس ! صغير جدا يعني تقدر تقرأه في السيارة في غرف الانتظار ..الخ
Krishna
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the smallest book on relationships. However it took me about 2 months to finish this book. Every page is full on nuggets which have to be implemented. Else you lose the essence. One of hard hitting topics covered is integrity and the 10 questions on integrity will definitely make you think and introspect. A book worth its weight in gold.

One of the standout lines in the book " It is a waste of time to try to sell real answers to anyone who just wants to buy echoes". Working on not buying m
Lee Angelo
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
This book is an easy read. Although Relationships 101 of John Maxwell is quite thin, it is rich of nuggets of wisdom on how to create meaningful relationships especially to leaders. One of my favorite part is where Maxwell cited and explained the things how go encourage people.

If you’re a leadership junkie, this book should not be taken lightly. Relationships with the right people is essential to becoming successful in your organization and in life itself.
Jinna
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Well principled book, succint, easy to read. With the heading titles, it's very easy to organize the thoughts and go through the book quickly. The content is golden.

Take away for myself:

1. Put integrity as the main principle.

2. Get the core values together for family.

3. Listen and report back, and listen.
Loay Al-khalaf
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Teaches the importance of relationships to be a successful leader.
Mpg
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Très court, un distillé de gros bon sens sur les relations humaines.
A relire de temps en temps.
Brent
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is not about romantic relationships, but its about dealing with people. Good for those in leadership and business.
Mohamed Ibrahim
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read book with many important advice for any person.
Will Rodrguez
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
It definitely reminded me the importance about family and serving others.
Stephen
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
READ MAR 2017

This is the first in the 101 series that Maxwell has created for R.E.A.L. He has since expanded the series to include other topics. This is a compact resource that will help anyone looking to improve in how they interact with others.
Denise
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another powerful, useful read from John C. Maxwell. Simple yet profound truths about how to have successful relationships in every area of your life. Worth a yearly read.
edgardo ramos
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Second time reading this book, enjoyed the simplicity but powerful message. Being a family man and school teacher I recommend this book
Viv
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
general.

عندما يتعلق الأمر بالعلاقات.. يبدأ كل شيء بالاحترام بهدف إضافة القيمة للآخرين..
-لن تستطيع أن تجعل الآخر يشعر بأهميته في حضرتك إذا كنت تعتقد في قرارة نفسك أنه شخص تافه.
-الاحترام يضع الأساس لعلاقة جيدة، ولكنه لا يكفي وحده.. فأنت لا تستطيع أن تبني علاقة جيدة مع شخص لا تعرفه، فالأمر يحتاج لتجارب مشتركة على مر الزمن.
-إذا كانت رغبتك في أن تكون ناجحاً وأن تؤثر في عالمك تأثيراً إيجابياً فأنت -بلا شك- تحتاج إلى القدرة على فهم الآخرين.. ففهم الآخرين يمنحك القدرة على التأثير في كل جوانب الحياة.. ول
Ruth
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I was assigned to read this book for an educational leadership course, I was expecting the equivalent of "Who Moved My Cheese?" or some such platitudinal pondering. However, I've found this book to be a fresh breath of air and a great remember of all those great skills I learning in Interpersonal Communication 101 in college. ;) A quick read and a good reminder of the important things about working with people!
Luke
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
From dealing with family relationships to marriages to being a leader and learning how to service others to get what you want. This book for a small quick read was very very insightful I enjoyed this book tremendously and I recommend this read highly to anybody who wants to or needs guidance on building relationships with others. It's a very quick read and it was so good i never wanted to put it down.
Jeane Angelie
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psychology
This 'tiny' book consists of principles in making relation with others. Some principles are tough until it stuck in mind, because it's so damn true. This book is recommended for them who want to review how well they treat others as they have '10' value for everyone.
Betsy
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it
The book has its priorities in order. But occasionally you get the feel of repeat, repeat, repeat. But helpful for leading others and creating positive environments for people to grow. On the whole a worthwhile hour of reading.
Ardani Subagio
Mbaca ulang buku yang Judah lama ga aku baca. bagus buat refreshing ingatan, Dan Di dalemnya ada banyak tips Dan saran buat membangun hubungan yang baik. Bukunya juga tipis, jadi Bisa dibaca dalem sekali dua kali duduk.
Mat Rueter
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The stronger the relationship between individuals, the more beneficial it will be and the more likely the follower will want to help the leader.
Suzanne
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great short read. Back to basics on relationships whether it be in a career or in your home.
Vishnu Vardan
amazing book... anyone can use this as reference book....
Muhammad Ali
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
To have effective relationships (family being most important): Be encouraging, influential a trust worthy and a person of integrity.
Matthew
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
This book is a great short read that will help focus your efforts on serving others.
Charles & Gwen
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laying the right foundation for success

John Maxwell has helped set the stage for the much needed challenge for would be leaders to know how to be a servant.
  • I Dare You
  • The Gift of the Blessing
  • Voyage of a Viking: How a Man of Action Can Become a Man of Grace
  • Resolved Primer: A Look Into The 13 Resolutions
  • Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel
  • Financial Fitness: The Offense, Defense, and Playing Field of Personal Finance
  • The Coming Aristocracy
  • Your Personality Tree
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
  • Win: The Key Principles to Take Your Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
  • Already Compromised
  • How to Get What You Want
  • Outstanding!: 47 Ways to Make Your Organization Exceptional
  • The Most Important Year in a Woman's Life/The Most Important Year in a Man's Life: What Every Bride Needs to Know / What Every Groom Needs to Know
  • Business for the Glory of God: The Bible's Teaching on the Moral Goodness of Business
  • The 4:8 Principle: The Secret to a Joy-Filled Life
  • Life Application Study Bible, NASB
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more

Nonfiction Deals

• The Millionaire Fastlane
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Training the Mind and Cultivating Loving-Kindness
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Jesus > Religion: Why He Is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough
  • The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
    $9.99 $3.49
  • Forty Autumns: A Family's Story of Courage and Survival on Both Sides of the Berlin Wall
    $11.99 $1.99