Start by marking “The Teashop on the Corner” as Want to Read:
The Teashop on the Corner

The Teashop on the Corner

The magical new novel from Sunday Times top ten bestseller, Milly Johnson

Life is full of second chances…if only you keep your heart open for them.

Spring Hill Square is a pretty sanctuary away from the bustle of everyday life. And at its centre is Leni Merryman's Teashop on the Corner, specialising in cake, bookish stationery and compassion. And for three people, all in
Published June 19th 2014 by Simon & Schuster UK (first published May 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Teashop on the Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Teashop on the Corner

Start your review of The Teashop on the Corner
Veronica ⭐️
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, netgalley, s-s
If this story doesn’t make you cry, your heart may be made of stone.

The Teashop on the Corner has an endearing cast of main characters. Real people you feel you know and want to be friends with.
Carla finds out after the death of her husband that her whole marriage has been a lie.
Will has worked hard to build his business to the level where he and his wife can afford a life of luxury only to loose it all after a bad investment.
Molly, who only ever wanted to find her prince, feels that life has
Ana

Also posted on This Chick Reads

*Copy provided by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

This has got to be THE BEST book I've read this year, and I sure have read a lot of good ones lately. It's amazing! It's one of these books that despite being quite thick in pages, you'll devour in on or two sittings. It's PERFECT, from beginning to the end in every possible aspect.

The story might seem complex at first, with many characters and their stories overlapping, but once you get
Anne
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Imagine a warm and welcoming tea shop. A place that sells delicious home-made cakes and scones and wonderfully flavoured teas and coffee. Imagine that the tea shop is also a literary-themed gift shop - full of wonderful fripperies that you just have to buy .... a handbag created from a copy of Pride & Prejudice; a set of Bronte themed postcards; china mugs featuring Dickens characters and paperclips in the shape of Jane Austen's profile. Imagine then that the customers of this tea shop like ...more
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, so this is "Chick Lit", but it wasn't light and fluffy romantic stuff. And I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoyed reading it! On the contrary, it was just what the doctor ordered: heart-warming, with really lovable, believable characters and a good story of friendship. I recommend this to any of my friends who need a short rest from dark and gritty crime thrillers ;-)

Anne
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time Milly Johnson releases a new book, I'm like a small child at Christmas - I can't contain myself or think of anything else until I've opened it up and devoured it. It's getting quite difficult now to say anything new about her books - I reviewed It's Raining Men on my blog last year, and several others on Goodreads before that, and never make any secret of the fact that I'm an unashamed fan and that, for me, she can do no wrong.

This book has everything we've come to expect - the big
Elaine
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: like-it-like-it
This book was an absolute joy to read, I totally and utterly loved it right from page one. Leni’s teashop “The Teashop on the Corner” is the sort of tea shop anyone would love to have on their doorstep. Scrumptious cakes and coffee, surrounded by gorgeous items of literary based stationery to buy with a clientele who like nothing better than to have a good literary debate.

Leni’s customers all have something in common. They are all at crossroads in their lives and need someone for advice, support
Rea Cobb
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having just this minute finished reading The Teashop on the Corner by Milly Johnson, I am so sad to have to leave the wonderful group of characters behind but also I am still buzzing at what an incredible read this was.

The gorgeous Tea Shop on the Corner in Spring Hill Square has recently been opened by the lovely Leni Merryman, her dream of owning her own tea shop that also specialises in rare quirky literary gifts and stationary has finally come true but she could never have imagined that her
Eszter
This was such a charming little book. I'd never read anything by and never heard of Milly Johnson before, so I didn't know what to expect. I assumed it would be a light and fluffy romance. It was much more than that: yes it is a romance, but it also has some dramatic elements to it. Even though there are some happy endings, they're not cheesy at all; they're quite realistic. And not everyone is fortunate to get a 'happily ever after' ending. The book totally reminds me of the movie Love Actually ...more
Agi
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite, 2014
I think I have never before struggled so much to write a review. Here the reason is very simple: this story was about normal people, about friendship and forgiveness and it was just beautiful. And here my review could end because I guess I can never in a million years do this book a justice with my words. But I'll try anyway.
I have finished reading it a few weeks ago but the thoughts and feelings are still bouncing around in my head and I really have problems to knock a proper sentence about my
Denise
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED 'The Teashop on the Corner' by Milly Johnson. If I could have rated it higher than five stars, I most definitely would.
It was beautifully written, with a refreshing mix of truly believable characters, each one brought to life in my mind by Milly's excellent characterization.
I laughed out loud many times, her humour is superb. I also shed a few tears.
Just perfect!
jo freeman
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Where friendship blossoms, can love flower...?”
Oh my goodness another smashing read by Milly Johnson!
Absolutely love the characters the whole essence of love! I blubbed and laughed through this emotional roller coaster of a ride!
Thank goodness for the world that is Milly with her ever lovely ladies, rotten scoundrels made good and those fellas that race in on their steeds to save the damsel!
Sharon
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2019
Milly Johnson at her best...this book makes you laugh, cry, scream and everything in between. The characters are so lovingly brought to life in this tale of love, loss and friendship.

Warning you will need tissues...

Stacey
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All reviews can be found on my blog: thecosiestcorner.blogspot.com

As always, I couldn't give a Milly Johnson book less than 5 stars. And this one in particular definitely pulls at your heartstrings. I picked it up from a charity shop and I'm so glad that I did! I've loved all of Milly's novels and I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into this one - the choice of what to read next was between three of her novels so I will be reading those other two soon and reviewing! So watch this space!

The cover
Victoria Frow
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good. Loved all the characters and how they interacted with each other. Also this cover is deceiving as you expect it to be nice and cosy but it is a devastating and heartbreaking story inside.
Eszter
Sam
I love love loved this book & it has entered my list of favourites ever. I loved the plots, the characters & the entire sentiment of the book.
I so want my own little Teashop On the Corner where I can meet like minded people & debate books. Milly Johnson has left me wanting to reread some Classics & try some I've never read before
The book was filled with humour and had me laughing out loud right from the very first chapter. It also explored so many different emotional topics from
Bookworman
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
3.5 stars with 4 star potential. Loved this book! Many thanks to Agi and Joanne for introducing me to this fabulous author. Milly Johnson writes with humor, warmth, and a good helping of snarky. This was the third book I’ve read by her. It was more serious in some ways than “Here Come the Girls” and “The Birds and the Bees” but still had lots of lovable characters, great storylines, and happy endings.

Upgraded to 4 stars after a second read. I just LOVE Milly Johnson’s books!

Listening to this
Stacey
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All reviews can be found on my blog: thecosiestcorner.blogspot.com

The cover
Nisa
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's never too late to have a happy ending - HARVEY HOYLAND

I love love love and have enjoyed this book very very much. I think I have made the right decision to read this book in my own time, not rushing towards the ending of the book. I felt all sort of emotions throughout the book - I cried a little, felt furious and angry, my heart fluttered too and I giggled and chuckled. All sorts!!!

Teashop On The Corner was about a literary themed teashop e.g. Thomas Hardy Tuesday, Brontë Sisters Tuesday,
Reilly Windsor-Daly
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Now I read this book purely because one of the loveliest people I know asked me to, I did not go in with high expectations.

This book was beautiful! Yes I saw every 'twist' coming, so the book was predictable but it was also cosy and a joy to read. The characters were so life affirming and I cared so deeply about them that even though I knew what would happen to them I had to read to make sure they got the happy endings they deserved. I was so invested that I shed many a tear. If you want to read
Steph
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly it took me a few chapters to get into this book.....there are a lot of different character stories that cross path in the teashop, and I found it a little bitty at the start. Once I was hooked I couldn't put it down - read the last 200 pages in one sitting!! Heart-warming and uplifting book. Highly recommend it.
Clare Perry
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book will stay in your heart forever it is not just about a tea shop, so cleverly written and how each person are interconnected in day to day live you won’t want it to end and will certainly teach you things about life and living to the fullest.
Tracey
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really lovely easy to listen to story. Narration was brilliant, likeable characters and shed a tear at the end. Will definitely listen to more Milly Johnson.
Tracy
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolute treasure! Heartwarming, full of love , loss and healing, and proof that there are lovely people out there and life can get better, if you are brave enough to make new friends.
Sally Sutton
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick aeroplane flight read, predictable and silly but very entertaining
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A feel-good, cozy read.
Poorvi
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”– C.S. Lewis

I seriously enjoyed reading this book as it has such a warmness to it's story where you will crave to read this book at one go! This beautiful cosy teashop on the corner with its amazing post cards pouring in with its vintage beauty hooks you up throughout the end of this story.

In this Teashop on the Corner you can get to see a blooming of beautiful friendship, chasing
Book Addict Shaun
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Also reviewed on Book Addict Shaun: http://bookaddictshaun.blogspot.co.uk...

Wow. That's the only word I can think to use to start this review. I started this book a bit apprehensively, would I enjoy it? It seemed like it might contain too many characters and I wondered if I would struggle with it. However fellow bloggers love Milly's books so I started it. Later that same night I had read 200 pages. A few hours ago I picked up my Kindle and have just finished the book at 1am. At the time of
Dani Braun
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Positively lovely!!!!
Zarina
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted to my blog:

The moral of this novel is: when life gives you lemons, you should make a delicious lemon drizzle cake to cheer yourself up. As we meet the main characters, they are all at a low point in their lives and are struggling to find any joy in it. Yet as if by magic - or it may very well be the alluring smell of a freshly baked pie - over the course of several days they all wander into the new teashop in Spring Hill Square for
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Lemon Tree Café
  • The Plumberry School of Comfort Food
  • Appleby Farm
  • The House of Hopes and Dreams
  • The Christmas Party (Christmas Fiction)
  • Coming Home to the Comfort Food Café (Comfort Food Cafe, #3)
  • The Secrets of Happiness
  • A Wedding at the Comfort Food Cafe (Comfort Food Cafe, #6)
  • Hetty’s Farmhouse Bakery
  • Coming Home to Cuckoo Cottage
Milly Johnson was born in Barnsley, raised in Barnsley and still lives in Barnsley - although she did study in Exeter for four years and emigrate to Haworth in West Yorkshire in the 1980s.

She trained as an actress, teacher, an accountant, a Customer Services and Suggestion Scheme Manager as well as working in a variety of administrative posts for companies dealing with anything from antique
“It's never to late to have a happy ending' Harvey Hoyland” 4 likes
“La nata siempre flota, cariño. Han agitado la botella, pero tú date tiempo y verás cómo, antes de que te des cuenta, vuelves a estar en lo mas alto.” 1 likes