Start by marking “The Parable Series: The Parable Of The Lily” as Want to Read:
The Parable Series: The Parable Of The Lily

The Parable Series: The Parable Of The Lily

(The Parable Series)

The Parable of the Lily begins with a mysterious gift on a gray wintry day and ends one Spring morning with a joyous discovery.

The gentle Farmer from The Pumpkin Patch Parable lovingly helps His young daughter, Maggie, understand the power of grace and forgiveness and the true meaning of Easter.
Published November 7th 1997 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about The Parable Series, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parable Series

Start your review of The Parable Series: The Parable Of The Lily
Yibbie
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this sweet little story. Through a child’s anticipation and love of gifts, the author helps us see the anticipation of the coming Messiah, the initial disappointment of many over a gift that didn’t meet their expectation, and ultimately the glory and joy of a gift accepted.
Once the story gets going, there are Bible verses on the pages that help us see the parallels between this story and the Salvation story throughout the Bible. They are very well chosen and will be a wonderful
Luisa Knight
I really like the Parable Series, the stories are great tools for teaching various Christian concepts. This book explains the idea that we are in need of forgiveness (and a Savior) and that Christ provided for that need.

Ages: 4 - 9

#easter #christian

**Like my reviews? I also have hundreds of detailed reports that I offer too. These reports give a complete break-down of everything in the book, so you'll know just how clean it is or isn't. I also have Clean Guides (downloadable PDFs) which enable
Clwseattle
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Parable Of The Lily is not what I expected. As I was looking for Easter books, I just assumed it was an Easter Book. Although The Parable Of The Lily takes place during the dark days before Easter and ends on Easter morning it is more a story of gifts unappreciated as gifts until their true beauty is revealed. I really appreciate the bible verses lightly visible on the pages that refer to the particular parts of the story as it develops.
Darlene
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Really sweet story how a ugly gift can turn to be the very best gift of all :)
Margaret Chind
Feb 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Liz Curtis Higgs
I love Liz Curtis Higgs, I love giant lap board books. What could be a better book for this Easter season than a parable story we already love?! There are four books in the Parables Series from Liz, and now this spring we have a third one republished as a lap board book. (Last Christmas we got The Pine Tree Parable and before that for Thanksgiving we had The Pumpkin Patch Parable.) I cannot wait for the fourth one The Sunflower Parable to come as a board book - I can only assume that will be our ...more
Lisa
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Would you like to give your child something special for Easter this year? Would you like to give them a gift that would have lasting value and would have a definite impact on his or her life?

Easter is not so much a time of bunny rabbits and Easter eggs as it is a time of forgiveness and rebirth. The Parable of the Lily is a beautiful Easter story written by Liz Curtis Higgs. The author has written several entertaining fiction books, non-fiction books, and children's books. In The Parable of the
Feb 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
The Parable of the Lily is a wonderful children’s book. It would be perfect to read to children on Easter evening before bed. It would also be a great story to read at a children’s chapel, the priest or pastor could follow it up with a little sermon, or in Sunday school. I love a Christian children’s book, there are not that many good ones out there. This book is also nice because it has appropriate bible verses on the bottom of the pages.

The book has beautiful pictures that will keep any child’
Susan
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful lesson related to the Easter holiday. Teaches young ones that receiving a gift that may not be exactly what they wanted, might not be a bad thing after all. Sometimes the gifts we don't think to ask for are the best ones to receive. I love the way this story is written, and how fun it was to read with my kiddos. Even my 10 year old son liked the story. Great for ages infant through young child (with the older ones pretending not to listen, but enjoying it too).

*I received a free
Mikayla
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ed-230
Audrey
Apr 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a cute little story about Maggie who receives a box of dirt for her birthday. Disappointed she throws it away only to discover that it contained a bulb that sprouted and grew into a lovely lily. The story compares Jesus as a flower. We don't appreciate Him as our Gift until He is revealed to us. Bible verses are woven through out the story bringing it to life. It is a charming story to be read at Easter or any time of the year. It will be enjoyed by both children and adults.
Neuharth Family
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a pretty nice book, a little advanced for us right now, as it is a parable, but I think we'll be learning from this book for a very long time into the future. There are Bible verses which accompany every page, and all the concepts presented are sound.

It is SO hard to find quality Easter books, and this is just plain excellent compared to most.
Amanda
May 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
A great Easter story about a girl who gets a gift she doesn't appreciate and then in the end realizes what a beautiful thing is has become and who it's from. There are Bible verses noted at the bottom of most pages, but they were very small and after I read the first one, my 5 yr old requested I just skip them.
Bill Tillman
This is a great picture book, about Maggie the Farmer's daughter. She gets a winter letter in the mail that says a gift will come soon. She struggles with the gift because its something to grow, little does she know the surprise awaiting her.
Tracy Ralston
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book about Easter.
Dietra Henschel
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Good Children's book
Apr 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love Liz Curtis Higgs. Her Parable of the Pumpkin Patch was a favorite of mine and this one did not disappoint. Great read for easter season. Love the scripture and analogy of the lily.
Miss Mae
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
My name is Maggie and my little sister is named Lilly. So my parents bought this for us when we were little. It was my favorite book back then. It still is one of my favorite children's books today.
Mindy Adams
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great children's book.
Mollywainio
Dec 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: easter
maybe when they get to be school age and have sinned more i will reconsider reading it but puts too many bad ideas in a toddlers mind
Christal Eldridge
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME children Christian book. It give scripture with every page to back up every reaction/scenario or action that is taken by the characters. Both my boys loved this book!
Patricia Kemp Blackmon

• Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition
  • Grug in the Playground
  • Who's Behind the Door? In My Dream
  • Action Movie Kid
  • It's a Small World (Walt Disney Fun-to-Learn Library, #12)
  • Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad, #3)
  • Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
  • Tiddalik the Frog
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Ants In Its Pants: A Book About Ants (Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins)
  • The Badger's Bath (Percy The Park Keeper)
  • The Little Yellow Llama
  • I Like to Help My Mommy
  • Evergreen
Former Bad Girl, grateful for the grace God offers. Happy wife of Bill, one of the Good Guys. Proud mom of two grown-up kids with tender hearts. Lame housekeeper. Marginal cook. Pitiful gardener. Stuff I love? Encouraging my sisters in Christ—across the page, from the platform, online, in person. Unpacking Scripture. Traveling wherever God leads. Listening to His heart. Leaning into His embrace.

The Parable Series (4 books)
  • The Parable Series: The Pine Tree Parable
  • The Pumpkin Patch Parable (The Parable Series)
  • The Sunflower Parable