Start by marking “7 Ways to Be Her Hero: The One Your Wife Has Been Waiting For” as Want to Read:
7 Ways to Be Her Hero: The One Your Wife Has Been Waiting For

7 Ways to Be Her Hero: The One Your Wife Has Been Waiting For

A book that talks to guys in the way guys talk!

"This book should storm into your living room, demand an audience, and become every husband's best friend!"
—Rick Warren, pastor and New York Times best-selling author of ThePurpose Driven Life

"I love Doug Fields! I love how he lives, how he writes, how he makes me laugh, and how he challenges me to grow. You will too. Men,

Published June 10th 2014 by Thomas Nelson (first published June 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about 7 Ways to Be Her Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 7 Ways to Be Her Hero

Start your review of 7 Ways to Be Her Hero: The One Your Wife Has Been Waiting For
Ashraf Bashir
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
The book is very good. The seven steps are practical and feasible. The author style is awesome too with a very high sense of humor which helps a lot to deliver serious messages. What I did not like, and what prevented me from giving four stars, is the use of many bible verses and the shift of context after its chapter to Christianity! The book is good, so why to transform it to a Christian book?! BTW, I am Christian, so I have no negative feelings toward Bible verses or Christianity in general; ...more
Brian Manville
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
Are you a married man? Do you think you suck at being a good husband? Well, the good news is that you have plenty of company! Doug Fields has a short book (148 pages) that is chocked full of practical advice to help any guy improve his status with his wife.

What I appreciated about the book is that - unlike many Christian help books - it's not done in a lecturing tone or with a condescending "I've arrived" attitude. Fields comes from the attitude of "I'm the chief among sinners" and his advice is
Josh
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Basic Marriage Book

The author does a good job pitting this information on a shelf that all men can reach. Its basic information, but sometimes it's the basic stuff we forget.
Greg Webb
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Wasn't crazy about the way Fields 'dumbed' this down to try and appeal to "guys" (rather than men) with his forcefully awkward potty humor (not that I'm a prude, it just seemed misplaced) and ill attempts at connecting through "guyisms".
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
The best thing about this book is the title. Bought this one for my husband but of course I had to read it first. It was painfully wordy, and the "good stuff" could have easily been reduced to a pamphlet or blog post. (Where's my red pen?)
Robert
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Quick read with practical, tested advice on how to have a healthy marriage. For better or worse, it really cracked the whip on husbands, but it's about how guys can improve so perhaps that's fair.

One of my favorite concepts was Fields' idea of One Heart in marriage.

"It's almost too simple to be true. If, by God's design, my wife and I are one, then when I hurt my wife, I hurt myself too. On the other hand, when I build up her heart, I also build up myself. That's the powerful dynamic of
Greg
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: family
I listened to this on a road trip today and it was ok. Many of the points Fields makes are ones I've heard often, but they are good reminders none-the-less! I think the key is to make an effort to read/listen to works like this and that will keep you on the track. I am inspired by men who seek to help and support other men to be better, and for that I hope I can do some things differently as a result of this book.
Christopher Harper
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book for any man who’s looking to improve their marriage and really wants to be the best Christian husband he can be. If you’re newly married. Start with this book. If you’re having problems, start with this book. It’s awesome!
Trae Castles
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Simple steps, practical advice, comical writing, and stuff that guys should just know.
Daniel Adams
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very practical.

Very practical. It was humorous and light hearted while getting to the heart of the issue. Well worth the read.
Phil
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The lessons in this book are simple yet extremely effective. Gentlemen it is well worth a read.
Andrew
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In 7 Ways to Be Her Hero, Doug Fields discussed how men can improve their marriage and they can become their wife’s personal hero. This book is primary written towards men but women could still benefit from reading this book. Doug Fields opened up about his own personal failures and frustrations in loving his wife completely like Christ loves her. The first chapter, he looked into what is breaking and hurting our marriages. He also explored the meaning behind Ecclesiastes 2:11 and this verse ...more
Tima
Aug 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
It doesn't take very much for a man (or woman) to feel like they are in love. The key is finding ways to keep that love alive and make your wife feel like she is loved and cherished. The author speaks candidly from his experiences about ways that men can step up to the plate and be a hero to their wives. The book is not meant for women. It's written by a man for a man. The jokes are guy jokes, the presentation is all guy, and the way of looking at situations is from the male perspective.

I'll be
Mike Becher
Jun 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
I really wanted to give this a 4 out of 5 for the last couple chapters alone where this started to get real... but I just couldn't. I wish the whole book was in your face, deep, and "no holds barred" like the end was. However, for me, I was hoping for more depth within each chapter.

Also, I'm not really a guy that "thinks about sex all the time" so all the innuendos (while humorous in and of themselves) got kinda old after a while. I always appreciate good wit and guy humor which this is packed
Chris
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! I was inspired, moved and felt God tugging on my heart as I read this book. Doug is funny and an entertaining writer. This will be a book I will go back and refer to see if I am following some of the ideas he put forward. I having been trying the exercise of picturing Jesus sitting in the room with my wife and I and seeing if I treat her and talk to her different. Great and easy read, no guilt trips.
Jonathan
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
A very easy read (helpful for most guys) and very practical. Doug is hilarious and speaks to what most men are thinking or doing. The one thing I would have liked more of would be some more scriptural support. But this was a helpful book and one I will probably reference in the future...as I still have lots to practice.
shaymond
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: philosophy
Great book for men to read. Gives great advice and tips on what women want from their husbands and how to deliver.

Marriages don't get easier over time. Especially with kids running around and our busy lifestyles. I think the first chapter in the book sums it up well:

"Stop chasing the wind and start chasing your wife"

Amanda
Aug 20, 2014 rated it liked it
This book provided some sound advice, but I thought it was really too generalized. For full review, see here. http://eagleswingsbooks.blogspot.com/...
Emil Bredahl
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good book for married men :-) with some good practical ideas and things to consider. His tone is a bit too fresh in some of the chapters which is the reason I can't give it 5 stars. I liked it though and I'm not regretful for reading it and you will get some good stuff from reading it
Dax Palmer
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good book about loving your spouse and becoming her hero. It is from a biblical perspective written for men, but the content is applicable to anyone who wants to love there spouse better. The author is straightforward with a lot of humor.
Mark
Jun 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I think his best advice is not to do all these at the same time. You need to pick one or two and concentrate on those that "talked" to you when you read them. You can always add the others later. His humor is not my humor, but I still got something out of this.
Benjamin Nathaniel
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dude! thank you for this book.

Sage advise and a funny readable tone. Every married guy, or those thinking about marriage should read this! I highly recommend it!
Matt McAlear
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Overall the information is good. For me his writing style was difficult to follow, erratic, and very sarcastic. The information is very surface level and doesn't go deep at all.
Shaun Marshall
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read with chuckles along the way. Good ideas, the rub is in proper/wise application.
Dominique
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marriage
Incredibly practical and refreshing. Doug has a great ability to speak in way that is loving but evokes a genuine move to action.
Derek
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-hoopla, self
Entertaining, uplifting. Good blend of spiritual with guy stuff.
Craig
2 1/2 stars. Good for intended audience and stated purposes. It strayed too far into self-help at times.
Dave Mevis
Feb 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
rating 1 1 Jul 25, 2014 06:18PM

• Living Among Lions: How to Thrive like Daniel in Today's Babylon
  • The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism
  • People Fuel: How Energy from Relationships Transforms Life, Love, and Leadership
  • What Radical Husbands Do: 12 Steps to Win and Keep Your Wife's Heart
  • Agents of the Apocalypse: A Riveting Look at the Key Players of the End Times
  • Sheepdogs Among the Flock: The Art of Supporting Your Pastor
  • Whatever Arises, Love That: A Love Revolution That Begins with You
  • The Body Language of Dating: Read His Signals, Send Your Own, and Get the Guy
  • Sacred Marriage: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us Happy?
  • Date Your Wife
  • Life Changing Secrets from the 3 Masters of Success
  • You Become What You Think About: How Your Mind Creates The World You Live In
  • Neurowisdom: The New Brain Science of Money, Happiness, and Success
  • Wired for Love: How Understanding Your Partner's Brain and Attachment Style Can Help You Defuse Conflict and Build a Secure Relationship
  • Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness
  • The Five Levels of Attachment: Toltec Wisdom for the Modern World
  • In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day: How to Survive and Thrive When Opportunity Roars
  • Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World
“busyness is usually a sign of brokenness.” 2 likes
“Not saying everything you think isn’t about choosing to allow your body language to do the talking instead of speaking your thoughts aloud. It’s about refraining from both! Keeping quiet and still.” 1 likes