Start by marking “The Miracle Morning Journal” as Want to Read:
The Miracle Morning Journal

The Miracle Morning Journal

O milagre da manhã, best-seller de Hal Elrod, já ajudou milhares de pessoas em todo o mundo a transformarem suas vidas. Agora, com O milagre da manhã – Diário, Elrod traz uma ferramenta que vai tornar a prática matinal das seis atividades diárias muito mais fácil! Ao longo de 52 semanas, será possível registrar as práticas de silêncio, leitura, afirmações, visualização, ex ...more
Published July 12th 2013 by Hal Elrod

diane
Sep 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
It's one of THOSE self-help books. Very rah-rah, very "I was down and now I am up and YOU CAN TOOO!!!!!1!!!1!!"

That's not why I read it.

I've been trying to come up with my own morning routine that would help me get my ass in gear, work on the things I think are important, and basically get more focus and traction on the projects and aspects of life I want to improve. But it's been hard to clarify to myself what that morning should look like.

The idea of the Miracle Morning is basically what I've
Alexander Whyte
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
Very American, type A stuff but has a decent structure and system for starting your day.

The good: if you strip away all the stories and achievement bollocks at the start, there's actually a good enough system for getting your day underway on a productive note.

The bad: a bit 1980s self-help for the rest of the book. The classic 'I was on top of my game and smashing my targets and had it all...' 'Then tragedy struck....'.

Some people might draw motivation from reading it but if you've heard all t
Sinn
May 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Mein Gott ist das Buch amerikanisch. Mit allem was dazugehört: Dem jungen Helden, der erst scheitern muss um anschließend wie der Phoenix aus der Asche steigt. Dem Pathos. Der manischen Art hinter dem Versuch einem 60 Minuten mehr Zeit morgens als Antidot zum Leben wie wir es kennen zu verkaufen.

Nicht falsch verstehen - vieles davon funktioniert sicher. Ich stehe tatsächlich schon lange so früh auf und habe in diesem Buch nicht nach Argumenten für dieses Verhalten sondern Verbesserungen für mein
Jason
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Though this book may fall into a few of the trappings of the self-help genre which I have typically disliked, like the "positivity bubble" where we've got to go through our day thinking life is uber double-plus good (go team!), I advise people follow the suggested regiment of morning routines themselves and see if it doesn't improve their productivity.

Since I've tried the advised "SAVERS" steps, I saw almost immediate growth in my daily focus and productivity levels. I know I sound like a dumb
Zachary Gentner
May 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Most people want a level 10 review, but settle for a level 3 or level 4 review. With this review, you can make your life extraordinary. Did you know that 95% of people don't live up to their expectations of themselves? I forgot a citation, but you believe me, I'm sure. Well, with this review, you can change your life. Just wait for the next review! I promise it gets better.
Morgan
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
If you can get past how self absorbed the author is and all the blatant attempts to sell you on his ideology and products I think the concept is great and could help you become your best self. I plan to try a highly modified version of his miracle morning for a week and see if it makes any difference because I like the idea that starting your day the right way can make a difference.
Nathan Zorndorf
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why this book has garnered such a devoted fan base. Most of the ideas in it are nothing radical (meditation, exercising, visualizing, waking up early). I also could have done without the author's philosophical musings on success in the beginning, or the usual self-help subliminal messaging telling you what Elrod's version of "success" looks like and how to achieve his version of happiness. The writing is also pretty mediocre, and it's not particularly interesting ...more
Drew
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
The concept of having a morning routine is solid. I think a lot of us have a list of things we want to do, or know that we should do, for our health, happiness, and personal growth. But those same things are the easiest to just not do. Stacking them all in one chunk of time in the morning is genius. The author advocates as little as 1 minute and as much as 20 minutes for each task and he calculates that just 10 minutes of reading each day can add up to eighteen 200 page books a year. I love the ...more
Lamia Bdj
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
what can i say ! this book change your life ... so inspiring
Kevin Simpson-verger
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Make everyday christmas morning.
Wizzy
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it
It is a good tool to help build a habit of mindfulness each day. Recommended.
Diemmy
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like the idea and the helpful tips in the book :')
Chris Porter
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Hal Elrod breaks every rule in the "how to write a good book" manual. From bad grammar and self-indulgence to unsubstantiated claims and lack of brevity.

I was about to read this book a few months back but read the GoodRead comments and thought "Yeah, that seems to sum it up. *next*". Yesterday I saw a friend was half way through and saying good things.

I read this in one sitting. That's usually a compliment. But what I mean is that you can skip nearly everything and still get the core message.

At
Nopadol Rompho
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favourite
I am already a 'morning person' before reading this book. Yet it still gives me some new perspective that I can adapt and use it with my life. It is worth your time and money.
Adrian Sanchez
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book about a month ago. Changed my life (so far) in the following ways:
- Made me a morning person. I now sleep and wake up 3 hours earlier than I used to.
- With my new schedule, the amount of time I waste watching TV or playing video games have been reduced. It has been replaced by time with family and personal development time (reading books, exercising, practicing my profession).
- Reduced my alcohol intake. Before, staying up late watching TV or playing games by myself is usual
Lilly  Minasyan
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is more 2.5 stars, but definitely not 3 stars.

First of all, this book is really repetitive. Like really.
Second of all, all the participants tried this program once and they could do it right away. What about us the folks who fail multiply times?
Third of all, this book could be summarized in 10 pages, not 100+.
Forth of all, it was just like an advertisement how it was the best.

Basically, this is a book for someone who wants to wake up early (not like 4.30am but 6am). It does motivate yo
Sarah Monreau
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-shelf
Ein schönes Buch, das sehr viel beibringt über die richtigen Strategien im Leben, diese, die zum Erfolg führen. Mit 60 Minuten pro Tag für DICH zum Erfolg. Meditation, Affirmation, Visualisierung, Sport, Lesen und Schreiben. Diese sechs Dinge machen aus dir mit der Zeit einen ganz anderen Menschen, einen der sich um sich kümmert und um seinen Erfolg.
Ein schönes Programm, das man sich ansehen sollte. Ich bin froh, dass ich es getan habe und stehe gerne morgens etwas früher auf, um mit diesen sech
Remi Hutson
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was very empowering and motivating to help organize and improve your outlook on life. Some portions were a bit unreasonable as to trying to maintain this strict manner of living through a busy work day, but if maintained accordingly perhaps anything is possible.

It was a great way to show me how to start my days earlier and try to dedicate some time to myself in order to keep that positivity throughout the day.

Great read!
Gali
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Hey, it's great that this method works for people but does the book really need to contain a thousand examples of success stories (although we can't even be really sure they're success stories as most only talk about the first 30-60 days or so... how are these people doing three years later, still using the method?)

Overall there is nothing revolutionary in this book.
Dwayne Morris
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I was already on a morning routine, so Hal's book wasn't revolutionary. It helped me fill in some gaps and tweak my routine. At times I felt like I was reading sales copy and being pitched to buy this and sign-up for that. All-in-all it IS worth the time and money to get this book and change your morning, thus changing your life.
Kim Harford
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Simple and easy things to implement. I was already doing some of them so have now added the others to my mornings. I look forward to seeing the results! I know it will be amazing.
Nex Juice
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lightning fast read. Easy, practical concepts. I'm taking on the 30 day challenge!!
Devon
May 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Really like Hal's podcast and like the theory of the book in concept. If I hear him say 'to the next level' one more time though...
Jamie
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay, so this is a workbook. Not great writing, tends to be repetitive. A lot of redundancy. So, who cares? The only thing that matters is, does the 'Miracle Morning' work? Verdict: It depends.

I write this during my own 'miracle morning,' which basically is a time set aside for personal development to assist one's quest to become a '10' in all areas of life (e.g. spiritual, career, health, happiness). The basic idea is, we're all busy folks that don't seemingly have time to spend on ourselves. S
Rich
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Steph
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5/5 stars

The crux of this book is basically "if you want to succeed, get out of bed early and do something for yourself". It provides six suggested "LifeS.A.V.E.R.S.", which is just a cringy name for "habits" to do for a few minutes each, every morning. If you really need some motivation to do something for yourself first, then maybe this book will help you find that motivation. For me it really just reaffirmed that my morning routine is actually a pretty good one.

I haven't rated the book 2.5
Olivia. A
J’abandonne la lecture de ce livre qui me donne tout simplement des envies de meurtre après chaque page. Bien que l’auteur expose des faits intéressants, il ne peut s’empêcher d’insinuer sa méthode (qu’il n’a clairement pas inventé qu’on se le dise) comme étant celle qu’il faut absolument suivre pour réussir sa vie. Sans parler de tout l’aspect commercial de sa démarche, et je pense que sa façon d’aborder les choses n’est pas bonne, pour des personnes souffrant de dépression (même si cela dépend ...more
Antonia Ivanova
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Now, I'd be lying if I said this wasn't the biggest pile of hokey-pokey I've ever read in my life. This book is written in such an *all-american* self-help style way that it times it made me genuinely question my intentions to implement it. If I have to read the following one more time, I'll flip:
"You need to do XY so you can be the person you need to be, to create the life you truly deserve", OR
"You have to do XY to take your life... to the next level!" - give me a break. Please.

That being sai
Lacey
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book. I really did. It has some good insight. However, it was a little too "rah rah rah, you can do it" for me. I liked the ideas, the concept, especially because there are two things I'd like to change about myself 1-Being a morning person 2-Exercising in the morning (being a runner). But the book was so just "You can do it!" "Just do it!", which is easier said then done. Maybe I'm making excuses, and to be honest I just finished the book, I haven't actually tried doing the "Miracl ...more
Pierre-Alexandre Donny
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: perso-dev
Amazing book for anyone trying to improve their productivity.

To introduce the book, we get to read a few of the success stories related to TMM (The Miracle Morning). Hal's story is a testimony that anything is possible. Seeing what the author managed to come back from is very motivating.

Then he proceeds to explain what is his methodology and why does he think we should apply those principles. After that he is very practical tries to help you start your journey, giving you every tool you need.
Life S.A.V.E.R.S....: TMM: Resource Links Referenced 1 42 Feb 21, 2015 07:19PM
Hal Elrod is the author of the #1 international bestseller "The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life... (Before 8AM)" available at http://MiracleMorning.com