Start by marking “The Grove of the Eumenides: Essays on Literature, Criticism, and Culture” as Want to Read:

Librarian's Note: An alternate cover for this ISBN can be found here

Frederick Glaysher invokes a global vision beyond the prevailing postmodern conceptions of life and literature that have become firmly entrenched in contemporary world culture.

East and West meet in a new synthesis of a global vision of humankind ranging over classic literature, ancient and modern, both We
Published October 1st 2007 by Earthrise Press

To ask other readers questions about The Grove of the Eumenides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grove of the Eumenides

Frederick Glaysher
The Grove of the Eumenides: Essays on Literature, Criticism, and Culture

"Poet Frederick Glaysher in these essays comments on a variety of literary and social issues, ranging from the plays of Sophocles, and the major works of Japanese literature, to the loss of religion and spirituality in modern society and literature." “New Titles Elected for Essay and General Literature Index,” H. W. Wilson Co., September 2007

Kitty
Nov 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Intriguing because I stop and think about his arguments. What is the role of the universal, of epic poetry, and how has postmodernism dealth with mimesis? Scholarly, well-substantiated arguments, with a wealth of materials that challenge precepts you might have about "value" of a writer/writing/cultural contributions.
Frederick Glaysher
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Heather Moore
Clifton Toliver
Jan 28, 2013
Jerrod
Nov 25, 2013
Welcome. I'm an epic poet, rhapsode, poet-critic, and the author or editor of ten books.

We human beings on this planet need a new vision and understanding of life, to help bring us together, to see and feel and understand our common humanity, to step back from the brink of self-destruction. From the Moon, together, we can see it, a new global, universal vision of life. Many millions of people aro