Start by marking “The Restorer's Journey (The Sword of Lyric #3)” as Want to Read:
The Restorer's Journey (The Sword of Lyric #3)

The Restorer's Journey (The Sword of Lyric #3)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  367 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
When a foreign threat invades their comfortable home, Susan and Jake soon find themselves drawn back through the portal to the world of the People of the Verses. Now Susan will struggle to love a people who have become her captors, while Jake suffers a tragic betrayal and discovers his destiny as the next Restorer.
Published January 29th 2008 by NavPress

To ask other readers questions about The Restorer's Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Restorer's Journey

Victoria Lynn
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
4 stars
recommended age range, mid to late teens and adult.
This book lived up to expectations! I had read book 2 feeling let down after the high of book one, and boy, did this one deliver! I really liked it a lot. Jakes struggle I found easy to relate to and I greatly enjoyed the story. Again, Sharon Hinck's writing is so in-tuned to real life that you feel right at home amidst her fantasy world of Lyric. I also love the musical aspect and the parallel between the peoples Verses and our Bible. It
Sheila Holmes
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As per the previous two in this series, this was just wonderful! I read such voluminous amounts at a time because I was so mesmerized by its content. Now I am preparing to read the fourth and final in this series. Can hardly wait to get started.
C.M.
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
**Alert! Mild spoilers for those who haven’t read the first two books!**

How can you endure when your own mind fights against you?

After yet another harrowing experience in Lyric Susan, Mark, and their son Jake return home. But they are not alone. The villainous elder Cameron and his mind-altering Rhusican partner Medea have escape into their world and vanished without a trace. Though they have taken precautions, Susan can’t shake her fears. She dreads the day they return and knows without a doubt
Ron
Aug 21, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Had the potential to be the best of the Sword of Lyric series, but not as well developed. Perhaps it was rushed to print.
Jsmh
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't buy the timeline at the beginning of the book where Cameron was in Lyric long enough to do a big takeover while Jake was still on earth. Jake says he left earth one hour after Cameron. This was after both had been on earth for quite a while. I know time moves differently, but that implies that time on Lyric moved slowly while Cameron was on earth and then VERY VERY quickly between his return and Jake's.

That said, I liked this book the best of the series so far and I've much enjoyed the s
Sharon
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I get the need for the allegory to run true to script but that left very little in this book for me to like, initially. Most of the time I was just frustrated with the way the script was panning out. That tention had my angst reaching nearly fever pitch before there was finally a shift in the story. The last few chapters are action adventure like the previous books in this series and that made it worth while persevering when I was tempted to set aside my reading of this for good.
Sarah Grace
Sharon Hinck nails it once again. I really enjoyed hearing the story from Jake's perspective; Hinck does a great job writing for a teenage boy. It felt very realistic.
Lacy Williams
Mar 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all
Shelves: great-reads
The Restorer’s Journey
By Sharon Hinck
Navpress

Reviewed by Lacy J. Williams for novelinspirations.com

At the end of The Restorer’s Son, Susan, Marc and Jake Mitchell have just returned to their home from Lyric, following closely on the heels of Cameron and Media who have somehow managed to slip through the portal unnoticed.

The Restorer’s Journey opens a few weeks later, with Susan watching over her shoulder for the bad guys that haven’t yet shown their faces. Unfortunately for her, they do show up
Sarah Sawyer
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still spinning from the shock of arc enemies loose in their own world, Mark, Susan and Jake try to come to terms with their recent experiences, and more importantly, the near future.

Nothing prepares them for the horrors that lay ahead. Forced back into another world, Susan faces mental torture that’s impossible to comprehend, yet feels frighteningly familiar. Jake faces dragons from his past, and learns real life challenges in the world of Lyric are nothing like the fairy tales of glory he once
Rebekah
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful conclusion to an amazing trilogy. It wasn't my favorite book out of the three (No Kieran!), but it was still great at tying up the story. I loved how the Rhusicans got some humanity and depth like the Hazorites in the last book. I don't like purely evil characters because there's usually more to it than that. That situation was a great depiction of just doing what God tells you to do even if you do not get to see the effects of His influence in their lives. Long after S ...more
Tina at Mommynificent
This is the third and what I thought was the final installment to Sharon Hinck's Restorer series. I'm re-reading them because a fourth book has been released recently. In my previous reads of this series, this third one has not been my favorite, but I found it much more compelling and moving this time for some reason. It is a hard book to read in that there is much pain and mental anguish described in its pages, but it is so worth it. The way Hinck has allegorically described the way lies worm t ...more
Diane
Oct 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The third one in the series: I didn't think things could be worse in Lyric, but they are! And that makes it wonderful for Hinck's readers as they watch the characters squirm!

Now Susan and Mark's son is the Restorer---and nothing is going right. Anything he does is wrong. Nor can Mark come to the rescue: he's stuck in our world, and the gate won't open for him!

Nor is it well for Susan, captured by dreadful people who play with minds, and torture their prisoners. How is she going to get through
P Lynne Adams
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Series

This is not my normal genre Christian Fantasy but every book of this series has been unbelievably good. I can't wait to read the last book in the series and yet I don't want it to end. Sharon Hinckley is a very talented writer who quickly transports you to this fantasy world where you can feel like you're actually there. Love how the presence and wisdom of The One is so wonderfully conveyed. This is a must read for anyone who loves Christian fiction.
Kendra Parker
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this may be my favorite novel in this series. Susan's struggle in captivity resonates with me and is what I remember about this novel. This is the second time I have read this novel, with several years in between readings. One again, I find myself thoroughly enjoying the struggles of the characters in this rather unique fantasy world.

I recommend this series to anyone interested in faith-based fantasy, but I do recommend reading the books in order.
Erin
Oct 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
A new Restorer bursts onto the scene without friend or ally in the wrap-up of this adventurous trilogy. The world of Lyric is much changed since we last visited, deceived by Cameron and the return of the Rhusicans. What is truth? Whether hiding from the corrupted king's men, fighting off enemy nations or trusting God for survival in a prison cell, our much-loved characters face their own weaknesses and the overwhelming love and leading of God no matter the circumstances.
Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
Feb 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyeone!
This one was really good too, and I hope that Sharon makes more books in this series. I was a tad=bit frusterated with it because it didn't have my favoritest character, but other than that it was wonderful, and I couldn't stop reading it.
Della Loredo
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like the first two books in this series, this story is well-written, engaging, easy to read, and hard to put down. Of the four books in the series, I think this one is my favorite because it so clearly depicts the love that the One has for ALL people, even those who choose to call Him "enemy."
Ed Gibson
Jul 08, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Paradoxical time theory...

If time moves more slowly on Susan's home world, as all the books clearly illustrate, then Markkus would be younger than the people of his home world, NOT older.
Sofia
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was a little disappointed because my favourite characters didn't appear in it at all, but overall it was a really good finish to this series. I only wish there were more....
Jenna
I really enjoyed the first book in the series, but the latter two books did not grip me as the first one did.
Magma
Jan 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fantasy and/or scifi and or adventure lovers
Very good book. I loved the way the trilogy ended. I am completely satisfied with it. SOOOO GOOOODDDDD! and I love the bonus content at the ends of these books.
Teri Rich
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic
Linda
Oct 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Good final book of the series. Love the characters.
Carol Arrizza
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book 3, and then it was over ... I could have read more this is a great series I strongly recommend it if you can find it!!!
Marian Baay
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AWESOME - the complete series are SO worth reading!
Joanne
Apr 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Better than #2 in the series, continues the adventures of a suburban U.S. family caught up the conflicts of an alternative universe. Not as schmaltzy as most Christian fiction.
Suse Michelle
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sharon Hinck is an amazing writer and truth rings through her writing. Once again another amazing chapter in the life of the Restorers.
Andrewsmiths
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
great book for sharon hink
Geneva
Feb 02, 2011
  • All My Holy Mountain (Binding of the Blade, #5)
  • Venom and Song (The Berinfell Prophecies, #2)
  • The Book of Names (Legends of Karac Tor, #1)
  • Return of the Guardian-King (Legends of the Guardian-King, #4)
  • Rise of the Dibor (The White Lion Chronicles #1)
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • The Way of the Wilderking (The Wilderking Trilogy, #3)
  • Blaggard's Moon (Trophy Chase Trilogy, #0)
  • To Darkness Fled (Blood of Kings, #2)
  • Kestrel's Midnight Song

Sharon writes "stories for the hero in all of us" - uplifting and entertaining novels about ordinary people called to extraordinary challenges.

She's won several Carol awards for both contemporary Christian fiction and fantasy, and was a Christy finalist for The Restorer - a genre-blending adventure of a soccer-mom in an alternate world.

When she isn’t wrestling with words
More about Sharon Hinck...

The Sword of Lyric (4 books)
  • The Restorer (The Sword of Lyric #1)
  • The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2)
  • The Deliverer (The Sword of Lyric #4)