Start by marking “What Shat That?: A Pocket Guide to Poop Identity” as Want to Read:
What Shat That?: A Pocket Guide to Poop Identity

What Shat That?: A Pocket Guide to Poop Identity

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Ideal for any nature lover or backyard biologist, WHAT SHAT THAT? is an original and insightful survey of the substance that—like it or not—unites every living creature, from your pet dog to the African elephant.The fifty entries found here cover a range of mammals, birds, lizards, and even fish, including common domestic creatures as well as wild and exotic species. Full- ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Ten Speed Press (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about What Shat That?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Shat That?

Ryan Helton
Apr 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A hanukah present from my aunt and uncle, this book takes you through the ins and outs of poop. It is funny, practical and best of all perfect bathroom reading. It's also an excellent conversation piece and believe it or not has great references.
Meredith
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
I can't recall exactly how long it took to read this book. We got it for Christmas. As you can imagine, it is parked next to the loo, so it gets read in instalments. It's quite amusing and has lots of interesting facts about poo, but unfortunately half the illustrations are sketches and not photos. This is weird. Surely, between the Internet and a worldwide network of zoos, the author could have tracked down actual photos of cougar shit and aardvark poop?
Tori
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: home-library
This book was hilarious yet informative. I picked it up at the store several years ago and took it home. I live in the city so the odds of me ever seeing the majority of the "BM's" in this book are not very likely. The pictures and /or illustrations are perfect for anyone who lives amongst more wildlife than a city dweller or for those involved in a lot of outdoor adventures. I loved this book.
KP
Oct 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
not to copy off of Joe-- but my brother, Kevin, bought this book this summer in Idaho and gave it to his girlfriend, Perry. I read it three times and it told us a lot, but we saw a lot of Bison book and that was not in this book! I suggest this book to read!
Meaghan
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
An amusing, informative and surprisingly not gross little booklet on animal poop. It would be fun to take along on a walk through the woods, to see if you can identify any little critters based on their poo.
Lana
Feb 13, 2015 added it
Shelves: book-crossing
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Savina King
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing book, so much to learn about in this book and no, it's not crap!.
Heather Parsons
Sep 14, 2015 rated it liked it
My toddler's favorite book.
Earl Pike
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, entertaining and informative. Perfect restroom book.
Beth Ann