Start by marking “Queen of Christmas” as Want to Read:
Queen of Christmas

Queen of Christmas

(Ann Estelle Stories)

Ann Estelle is very busy working on The List. The Queen of Christmas knows there's nothing more important! How else can she get all the things she really wants?

As the Christmas countdown moves along, there's so much for the Queen to do! Sledding, baking, singing, trimming the tree . . . Ann Estelle wants to enjoy every minute. But will she manage to get The List finished i
Published September 21st 2004 by Harpercoll (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Christmas

Start your review of Queen of Christmas
Whitney Pittsenbarger
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
My 6 year old loves these books. I find the character to be spoiled and a bit annoying. But its cute enough not to bother me much.
Jessica
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was full of Christmas! From its page borders to the text to the true meaning of Christmas. I enjoyed the illustrations and the color! The book shared an important message for young readers.
Shelly Hammond
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Queen of Christmas is one of those books that can be read every year (a few times if you'd like) without getting sick of it. Of course, the beautiful illustrations don't hurt there either.

Although the story is... well, it's one that I'd say is just a little above ok, the story along with the illustrations really make the book earn that five star rating. The little girl has one heck of a list, and the end sort of wraps that up. I won't give the end away so I'll just leave it there so you can read
Cara Farmer
I read this book and was so excited. I had never seen this in a book store which is crazy because I am very drawn to anything involving Mary Engelbreit. When I first started it I was worried that it was going to be the story of a selfish little girl, but it turned into a very pleasant surprise. The illustrations were absolutely beautiful. They added so much to the story. This would be a great story to read counting to Christmas. It is a great read a loud book. I loved it and the best part is the ...more
Cathi
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Despite Ann Estelle's greediness and fantasies about all the things that would make her life better, she really is quite sweet, and this story is a heartwarming and enjoyable. The backward counting (7-6-5-4-3-2-1) is always fun for kids in stories leading up to a big event, and the sweet story and delightful illustrations are perfect. This book will definitely go to my younger daughter someday because Ann Estelle looks much like she did as a little girl (short blonde hair in a blunt cut, glasses ...more
Natalie
Dec 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
We love this book. There are always a million things that could be done and something could always be better... it reminds us to keep it in check and just enjoy. Our book also came with paper dolls in the back, fun.
Jennifer Hughes
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
I love Mary Engelbreit's illustrations, but this story of a selfish little girl who only thought of what she wanted to ask for for Christmas didn't work for me. I think my daughter liked it ok though.
Katrina Sutton
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bedtime-stories, own
I got this book from the school I was working at. They were handing them out as Christmas gifts. I read it to my children and found this book enchanting and the pictures blew me away. My daughter loves these type of books.
Jaime
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My daughter Ella loves this book and all other Mary Engelbreit books. The stories are always cute & sweet. The the artwork is vintage looking and great! This one is here favorite out of the series because she just loves Christmas! :) She just loved the paper dolls that came with this book! ...more
Sara
Dec 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-list
This book is on our Christmas Reading List Tradition! We love the cute illustrations. And there's a good message in it too!
Julia
Cute story and good message about appreciating Christmas without obsessing about presents.
Rosemary
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
Nice message of the true meaning of Christmas. Mary's illustrations are charming.
Jasmine Olivia
Jan 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Jasmine loved the illustrations in this book. :)
Nicole
Jul 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Fun, cute story that I got for Christmas for the kids!
Kathryn
Nov 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Mary Engelbreit just does a wonderful job with her story and her delightful illustrations.
Brandi Streeval
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
read to my daughter very cute book
Diana
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I love Mary Engelbreit's art, and this story is adorable and sweet. After counting down the days to Christmas and adding many things to The List, Ann Estelle discovers a wonderful thing.
Kevin
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love Mary Engelbreit's illustrations. This is a great book on what matters for Christmas.
Caitlin
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs
  • Piggies in the Kitchen
  • Goodbye, Sweet Girl: A Story of Domestic Violence and Survival
  • Fatima And Fay Find A Bird: The Sound Of F (Phonics Friends)
  • The Bad Seed (The Bad Seed, #1)
  • Penny and the Punctuation Bee
  • The Pigeon Wants a Puppy!
  • Snowshoe Thompson
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!
  • The Tale of Peter Rabbit
  • Magic: The Gathering: Chandra #1
  • Isaac on the Farm: The Sound of Long I
  • Put Me in the Zoo
  • Bird Hugs
  • I Won't Cut My Hair! (My Crazy Stories Series, Book 1)
  • My Little Pony: The Dragons on Dazzle Island
  • I Am a Cat
  • This Cat Is Mine! (My Crazy Stories Series, Book 5)
Mary Engelbreit grew up studying the illustrations in the vintage storybooks of her mother’s childhood, and she developed a unique style that harkens back to those simpler times. Mary’s distinctive images have made her a celebrity to millions, who eagerly snap up gift items, calendars, books, fabrics, and more.

Mary’s New York Times bestselling The Night Before Christmas is part of the holiday trad

Ann Estelle Stories (6 books)
  • Queen of Hearts (Ann Estelle Stories)
  • Queen of Halloween
  • Queen of Easter
  • Queen of the Class (Ann Estelle Stories)
  • Fun and Games with Ann Estelle