Start by marking “The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way” as Want to Read:
The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way

The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way

Intention is generally viewed as a pit-bull kind of determination propelling one to succeed at all costs by never giving up on an inner picture. In this view, an attitude that combines hard work with an indefatigable drive toward excellence is the way to succeed. However, intention is viewed very differently in this book. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer has researched intention as a for ...more
Published December 15th 2005 by Hay House (first published February 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Intention, please sign up.
Karenbeth Glunz Your perspective of "failed" marriages depends upon other beliefs that are truly antiquated. Staying together "forever" is truly a fable and based on …moreYour perspective of "failed" marriages depends upon other beliefs that are truly antiquated. Staying together "forever" is truly a fable and based on romantic love rather than true love. When I separated from my husband, I loved him dearly yet we had completed our time together. His desires were to buy a home (I did't want to purchase a home) in an area that he wanted to live (where I never wanted to live). . He then fell in love with another woman and we decided to go our separate ways. I wanted him to be happy. Six year later, he has the home that he wanted in the area that he wanted to live and a beautiful woman for his wife.(less)

Start your review of The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way
Katie
Aug 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: spirituality
I took this book out from the library and ended up buying a copy of it so I could just have it and refer to it whenever I wanted to. I plan on reading it all over again here soon. It's fabulous! While I haven't read the "The Secret," from what I can gather from the reviews, this is pretty similar and is the "real stuff" without all the marketing fluff.
Maria
Feb 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Although I think Wayne Dyer is discounted as a bit of a crackpot by some and he has clearly stretched out one idea and managed to turn it into several books/cds/seminars/manuals, I do find his thoughts helpful and even uplifting. I have to space him out in my reading/listening because he does get monotonous; however, I feel he has overall good intentions (pun intended)and I think I'll continue to be a follower.
Landry
Jun 15, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Dr. Dyer sees intention as an inner awareness "that exists in the universe as an invisible force of energy." In this book he links intention to the creative power of the universe and suggests that it is within each one of us, the power to change the world.
Brian Johnson
Nov 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
“Good morning, This is God. I will be handling all of your problems today. I will not need your help, so have a miraculous day.”

“Say to yourself, ‘I’m here on purpose, I can accomplish anything I desire, and I do it by being in harmony with the all pervading creative force in the universe.’”

“One of the most effective means for transcending ordinary and moving into the realm of extraordinary is saying yes more frequently and eliminating no almost completely. I call it saying yes to life. Say yes
Kat McKay
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Dr. Dyer! I often find myself going back and listening to his audiobooks a second and 3rd time because they make me feel so much better. His message is inspirational and it's like listening to a loving father when he tells it. There's nothing I hate more than self help gurus that yell at you to get there message across, which to me, is contradictory. Dr. Dyer is NOTHING like that! You feel like you're being guided by a loving and caring friend who truly wants you to be your best self and ...more
Shae Burton
Sep 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Probably more appreciated by those 30 and above
I have always enjoyed Wayne Dyer's stuff even if he isn't sure if God is female or not.... Anyway, as he has gotten older his stuff has become more spiritual. He is definitely centered in a higher being and although he seems to be against organized religion I listen to his stuff knowing who my Source is and am grateful for his outspoken belief in God and reminders of the Power we have within and around us. I listened to it as a book on tape and it was definitely worth it.
PlatKat
Feb 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to PlatKat by: Frank
Frank lent me this book to make use of the first few days of February I spent waiting in his garage for my car to be finished. Somewhat surprisingly, it has opened me up a little despite some of the over-the-top metaphysical discussions. As with all self-help books, you take away the parts you find meaningful to you and let the rest dispose of itself.

Upon finishing this book, I was amazed at the sort of impact it had on my inner-monologue. The main message is that you create your own reality wit
Marla
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction-read
This really helped remind me how I have been behaving around a certain person and that I need to be more high energy than low energy. I really found this book very interesting.
Nouf
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best book I read in 2017. It changed my mindset .. I will definitely re-read it.
Zain
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I write this review as I reach page 84. This book is blowing me away. When I first started with it I thought that it was about setting the right intentions in life for one's actions and how "the universe" will give you back accordingly, much like the law of attraction. Although this is partly true, the book uses the term "the power of intention" to refer to God. The book is really about the fact that in life you have a willpower to choose to believe in One God or not (the book doesn't explicitly ...more
Nancy
Feb 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book three times! Now I am on the fourth. I love this book; in fact, it changed my life! It is all about working with the Holy Spirit, or the Light of Christ--as the author labels it: the Power of Intention. It's about working on a higher energy level, losing your own ego, and doing what you were intended to do, thereby finding peace and happiness and fulfillment without a huge struggle of massive self-discipline but more of a "let go and let God" effort. It isn't really differe ...more
Keith
Jan 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, religion
When he says "Intention" I mentally substitute the word "Faith"; then I don't need to learn a whole new terminology. He is really speaking about concepts that have been around for millenium, but has packaged them in a different way.

At the same time I was listening to this, I was also listening to "Self-Esteem & Peak Performance" by Jack Canfield & found Canfield's work a lot more solid as something I can use.
Beverley
I have just finished The Power of Intention by Dr Wayne Dyer and I must admit that it has left me more confused than when I started. Firstly let me say that although I have come across quotes from him I have never read any of his book. I thought I would remedy that and this book with it’s brightly coloured pages caught my eye.

So where do I begin? The Power of Intention, also known as ‘the Source’ is an invisible power that we all.connected too. We can call on the power of intention by being posi
Dean C. Moore
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books you keep near your bedside for late night reading so you can fall asleep after cramming your mind with all these positive thoughts and affirmations, and feel-good thinking. That way, after your unconscious continues to play with the ideas to help you fashion the new you in your dreams, you can awaken the next morning in a very “born again” manner.

Perhaps for that reason, it’s also one of those books that might take you six months or more to read, as it’s a form of spi
Kimberly
Jan 10, 2009 rated it it was ok
Don't recall much from this book. But I had this stuff written down:

"Every thought you have has an energy that will strengthen or weaken you."

"It is only discord acting within your own feelings that will ever deprive you of every good thing that life holds for you."

"The genius in you isn't seeking confirmation from others, but quiet space for its ideas to blossom. An uncomplicated life with fewer intrusions tolerated, in a simple setting, allows your creative genius to surface and express itsel
Ramon
Aug 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of my books reviews will have this disclaimer. Most of the books in my library are audiobooks. I prefer audiobooks especially on long trips. I feel that if the book is that bad at least my time was not a complete waste. With that said I have been following Dr. Dyer on PBS for years. I can always walk away with some good thought or quote. This book was organized but I sometimes loose interest because there is alot to grasp. He is long winded and takes alot of time to make his point. Dr. Dyer ...more
Roberto Guerra
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It really made me realize how important it is to keep a positive outlook on life and to be at peace with oneself.

Personally, I do not believe absolutely everything I read word for word, but I do try to keep an open mind, especially when it comes to the opportunity to learn new things, and this book is definitely meant to be read with an open mind.

This is among many other Wayne Dyer books which has helped to change my outlook on the way I see the world, in a much
Ironangel
This work was a major influence on my life in that the truthes and principals helped me apply things that I had always known.It helped me focus my life on the application of spiritual truth in practical living.

I recomend it highly but advise the reader to keep an open mind and allow the wrriter to lead you slowly to your conclusions. Don't allow what you know keep you from grasping the concepts. Don't jump to conclusions. Just follow the truths.
Tamara
Oct 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book has helped me stay centered. The recommendations are at the higher level of my life aspirations but it is presented in a humbling and welcoming manner. I keep this book by my nightstand and reread a few chapters to be inspired. I often to remind myself that through intention anything is possible and there is always another perspective.
Noora
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Creativity, Kindness, Love, Beauty, Expansion, Unlimited Abundance, and Receptivity”
Rate: All the stars in the world.
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer has truly changed my perspective on life. This is a book that I will carry on in my mind and heart forever. I will keep re-reading this masterpiece because reading it for once is not enough.
Michelle
Jun 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome to listen to as I walk in the mornings. He has such a great speaking voice and attitude. I know I need to meditate to easy my 'monkey mind'. I am keeping this one on my Ipod for future use!
Nel Prinsloo
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring and practical advice from Dr. Wayne Dyer. I bought the audio book of this title so that I can listen to it again and again.
Kushagra Singh
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had this book in my wish list since the past couple of years, I think. The title, the author and the cover had attracted me towards it though somehow I didn’t purchase it.

I’m happy that the universe manifested this book for me at what I believe is a perfect time.

Dr Wayne is an inspirational spiritual teacher. He has left his mortal body, but his work continues to inspire many like me to re-connect to the power of the spirit that is the source of all.

Since the beginning of 2020, I have often
Ali
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very great book! a lot of repeated ideas, but with different explanations. But I would say definitely worth to re-read this book. I know i can get more after several times of re-reading it!
Ana
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The transcendent truth about life an awakening soul can resonate with and be inspired by.
Ruchira Khanna
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

My take home mantra is: Say your intent when you are in a state of anxiety! It grounds you to be able to think, evaluate and make a decision. The author has given about seven faces of intention. It could suit from an individual to individual. It's a quick, beautiful read!
Lynne Fisher
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I haven't read a Wayne Dyer book since the eighties, namely, 'Pulling You Own Strings', which I loved and I have always remembered his advice in this particular book to be creatively alive in any situation, which has served me well. So it was with great hope that I approached the reading of The Power of Intention.

But at the risk of being judged as stubbornly 'resistant' to the philosophies on how to live one's life, I have to say I was disappointed. I understand the principles of what Dyer is ad
Denise
Dec 30, 2014 rated it liked it
While the author uses his own lexicon such as the Source and the faces of intention, the premise of this book is quite simple: thoughts become actions.

I did struggle reading this book. Not because of the content, but because of the repetitiveness nature of the book. But, I gleaned one important thing from this book - to love oneself. By doing so, you change your thoughts and subsequent behaviors. By repeating the affirmation "I Love Me" with affirmations that support your desires, you will achi
Alex
Nov 15, 2010 rated it liked it
I mainly wanted to read some of Wayne's material because of my intensive, exhaustive study on all of the temperament types. (I've learned to force myself to read what all of the types produce though it is not an easy task. My brain rejects so much of a number of temperament types talk about). However, I like being surprised, and Wayne surprised me with some of the truth he presented. Ah the Out-Line-Box-Point: the garner of the breadth! Most of his stuff is uber-cliché, and is often boring to me ...more
Zhiyar Qadri
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
I had a great journey with this book, a simple and applicable spirituality book. The principles and overviews of the talks are really useful and imprints the idea in one's mind. Changed a lot of things in me and helped me go through some stressful stuff. Looking forward to read his other books and its recommended for anybody who is a beginner in reading spirituality or having a chaotic bunch of stuff in mind.
"So long as we believe in our heart of hearts that our capacity is limited and we grow a
نبذة عن الكتاب 1 28 Nov 10, 2011 09:38PM

• Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
  • Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises from the Power of Now
  • You Can Heal Your Life
  • A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
  • A Course in Miracles
  • Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
  • The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent
  • The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship --Toltec Wisdom Book
  • The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
  • The Secret (The Secret, #1)
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • The Seat of the Soul
  • The Astonishing Power of Emotions
  • Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't
  • Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
  • Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 2
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and

News & Interviews

“Friends are God's way of apologizing for your family.” 657 likes
“if we focus on what's ugly, we attract more ugliness into our thoughts, and then into our emotions, and ultimately into our lives” 69 likes