Start by marking “The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way” as Want to Read:
The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way

The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way

Intention is generally viewed as a pit-bull kind of determination propelling one to succeed at all costs by never giving up on an inner picture. In this view, an attitude that combines hard work with an indefatigable drive toward excellence is the way to succeed. However, intention is viewed very differently in this book. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer has researched intention as a for ...more
Published December 15th 2005 by Hay House (first published February 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Intention, please sign up.
Karenbeth Glunz Your perspective of "failed" marriages depends upon other beliefs that are truly antiquated. Staying together "forever" is truly a fable and based on…moreYour perspective of "failed" marriages depends upon other beliefs that are truly antiquated. Staying together "forever" is truly a fable and based on romantic love rather than true love. When I separated from my husband, I loved him dearly yet we had completed our time together. His desires were to buy a home (I did't want to purchase a home) in an area that he wanted to live (where I never wanted to live). . He then fell in love with another woman and we decided to go our separate ways. I wanted him to be happy. Six year later, he has the home that he wanted in the area that he wanted to live and a beautiful woman for his wife.(less)

Katie
Aug 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: spirituality
I took this book out from the library and ended up buying a copy of it so I could just have it and refer to it whenever I wanted to. I plan on reading it all over again here soon. It's fabulous! While I haven't read the "The Secret," from what I can gather from the reviews, this is pretty similar and is the "real stuff" without all the marketing fluff.
Landry
Jun 15, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Dr. Dyer sees intention as an inner awareness "that exists in the universe as an invisible force of energy." In this book he links intention to the creative power of the universe and suggests that it is within each one of us, the power to change the world.
Maria
Feb 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Although I think Wayne Dyer is discounted as a bit of a crackpot by some and he has clearly stretched out one idea and managed to turn it into several books/cds/seminars/manuals, I do find his thoughts helpful and even uplifting. I have to space him out in my reading/listening because he does get monotonous; however, I feel he has overall good intentions (pun intended)and I think I'll continue to be a follower.
Brian Johnson
Nov 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
“Good morning, This is God. I will be handling all of your problems today. I will not need your help, so have a miraculous day.”

“Say to yourself, ‘I’m here on purpose, I can accomplish anything I desire, and I do it by being in harmony with the all pervading creative force in the universe.’”

“One of the most effective means for transcending ordinary and moving into the realm of extraordinary is saying yes more frequently and eliminating no almost completely. I call it saying yes to life. Say yes
Kat McKay
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Dr. Dyer! I often find myself going back and listening to his audiobooks a second and 3rd time because they make me feel so much better. His message is inspirational and it's like listening to a loving father when he tells it. There's nothing I hate more than self help gurus that yell at you to get there message across, which to me, is contradictory. Dr. Dyer is NOTHING like that! You feel like you're being guided by a loving and caring friend who truly wants you to be your best self and ...more
Shae Burton
Sep 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Probably more appreciated by those 30 and above
I have always enjoyed Wayne Dyer's stuff even if he isn't sure if God is female or not.... Anyway, as he has gotten older his stuff has become more spiritual. He is definitely centered in a higher being and although he seems to be against organized religion I listen to his stuff knowing who my Source is and am grateful for his outspoken belief in God and reminders of the Power we have within and around us. I listened to it as a book on tape and it was definitely worth it.
PlatKat
Feb 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to PlatKat by: Frank
Frank lent me this book to make use of the first few days of February I spent waiting in his garage for my car to be finished. Somewhat surprisingly, it has opened me up a little despite some of the over-the-top metaphysical discussions. As with all self-help books, you take away the parts you find meaningful to you and let the rest dispose of itself.

Upon finishing this book, I was amazed at the sort of impact it had on my inner-monologue. The main message is that you create your own reality wit
Nouf
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best book I read in 2017. It changed my mindset .. I will definitely re-read it.
Marla
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction-read
This really helped remind me how I have been behaving around a certain person and that I need to be more high energy than low energy. I really found this book very interesting.
Kholoud
Oct 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
حبيت الكتاب جدا .. وكان له تغير كبير في حياتي بمعنى الكلمة .. الكاتب اسلوبه جد رائع وتفكيرة جميل كتاب يستحق القراأة :)
Zain
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I write this review as I reach page 84. This book is blowing me away. When I first started with it I thought that it was about setting the right intentions in life for one's actions and how "the universe" will give you back accordingly, much like the law of attraction. Although this is partly true, the book uses the term "the power of intention" to refer to God. The book is really about the fact that in life you have a willpower to choose to believe in One God or not (the book doesn't explicitly ...more
Keith
Jan 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion, self-help
When he says "Intention" I mentally substitute the word "Faith"; then I don't need to learn a whole new terminology. He is really speaking about concepts that have been around for millenium, but has packaged them in a different way.

At the same time I was listening to this, I was also listening to "Self-Esteem & Peak Performance" by Jack Canfield & found Canfield's work a lot more solid as something I can use.
Mohammed Al-Abdullah
Jul 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-best-ever
كتاب رائع جدا .. يحمل مبادئ جميلة وفعالة في كيفية النظر للحياة والتعامل مع الظروف , وكيفية تقوية النية والعزيمة بتحقيق الأهداف والأماني .. وكيفية تفعيل طاقة الكون مع الذات وتحقيق التكامل

كتاب يصنع تاثير في الشخص بصراحة
Abeer Alamri
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
كتاب لطيف .. يحمسنا انا نتمسك باهدافنا ونحققها .. يعطينا الأمل والقوة إنا نقدر ..
Dean C. Moore
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books you keep near your bedside for late night reading so you can fall asleep after cramming your mind with all these positive thoughts and affirmations, and feel-good thinking. That way, after your unconscious continues to play with the ideas to help you fashion the new you in your dreams, you can awaken the next morning in a very “born again” manner.

Perhaps for that reason, it’s also one of those books that might take you six months or more to read, as it’s a form of spir
Nancy
Feb 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book three times! Now I am on the fourth. I love this book; in fact, it changed my life! It is all about working with the Holy Spirit, or the Light of Christ--as the author labels it: the Power of Intention. It's about working on a higher energy level, losing your own ego, and doing what you were intended to do, thereby finding peace and happiness and fulfillment without a huge struggle of massive self-discipline but more of a "let go and let God" effort. It isn't really differe ...more
Roberto Guerra
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It really made me realize how important it is to keep a positive outlook on life and to be at peace with oneself.

Personally, I do not believe absolutely everything I read word for word, but I do try to keep an open mind, especially when it comes to the opportunity to learn new things, and this book is definitely meant to be read with an open mind.

This is among many other Wayne Dyer books which has helped to change my outlook on the way I see the world, in a much
Kimberly
Jan 10, 2009 rated it it was ok
Don't recall much from this book. But I had this stuff written down:

"Every thought you have has an energy that will strengthen or weaken you."

"It is only discord acting within your own feelings that will ever deprive you of every good thing that life holds for you."

"The genius in you isn't seeking confirmation from others, but quiet space for its ideas to blossom. An uncomplicated life with fewer intrusions tolerated, in a simple setting, allows your creative genius to surface and express itsel
Beverley Smith
I have just finished The Power of Intention by Dr Wayne Dyer and I must admit that it has left me more confused than when I started. Firstly let me say that although I have come across quotes from him I have never read any of his book. I thought I would remedy that and this book with it’s brightly coloured pages caught my eye.

So where do I begin? The Power of Intention, also known as ‘the Source’ is an invisible power that we all.connected too. We can call on the power of intention by being posi
Ramon
Aug 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of my books reviews will have this disclaimer. Most of the books in my library are audiobooks. I prefer audiobooks especially on long trips. I feel that if the book is that bad at least my time was not a complete waste. With that said I have been following Dr. Dyer on PBS for years. I can always walk away with some good thought or quote. This book was organized but I sometimes loose interest because there is alot to grasp. He is long winded and takes alot of time to make his point. Dr. Dyer ...more
Ironangel
This work was a major influence on my life in that the truthes and principals helped me apply things that I had always known.It helped me focus my life on the application of spiritual truth in practical living.

I recomend it highly but advise the reader to keep an open mind and allow the wrriter to lead you slowly to your conclusions. Don't allow what you know keep you from grasping the concepts. Don't jump to conclusions. Just follow the truths.
Noora
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Creativity, Kindness, Love, Beauty, Expansion, Unlimited Abundance, and Receptivity”
Rate: All the stars in the world.
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer has truly changed my perspective on life. This is a book that I will carry on in my mind and heart forever. I will keep re-reading this masterpiece because reading it for once is not enough.
Tamara
Oct 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book has helped me stay centered. The recommendations are at the higher level of my life aspirations but it is presented in a humbling and welcoming manner. I keep this book by my nightstand and reread a few chapters to be inspired. I often to remind myself that through intention anything is possible and there is always another perspective.
Zohoor
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
كتاب يطرح قوة النية و كيف نجذب الأشياء التي نود أن تتحقق ، و لكن الترجمة ضعيفة.

اقتباسات:

غير الطريقة التي تنظر بها إلى الأشياء و سوف تتغير بدورها.

لو كنت تعاني من الشح أو الكرب ، أو الاكتئاب او غياب مشاعر الحب أو عدم قدرتك على على جذب ما تريده إلى حياتك فيجب أن تنظر بعناية إلى الكيفية التي جذبت بها هذه السلبيات إلى حياتك.

لن تستطيع أن تحل أي مشكلة بأن تشتكي منها
Michelle
Jun 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome to listen to as I walk in the mornings. He has such a great speaking voice and attitude. I know I need to meditate to easy my 'monkey mind'. I am keeping this one on my Ipod for future use!
لولو الموتان
إن كان بالإمكان أن أسلط ضوء الامتنان على كتاب واحد فقط بلا ظلم أو إجحاف، فكل الامتنان لهذه التحفة السيكولوجية التي أنقذتني من الكثير.
Nel Prinsloo
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring and practical advice from Dr. Wayne Dyer. I bought the audio book of this title so that I can listen to it again and again.
Ali
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very great book! a lot of repeated ideas, but with different explanations. But I would say definitely worth to re-read this book. I know i can get more after several times of re-reading it!
Kika.Smile
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
كتاب رائع رائع رائع يتكلم عن قوة النية للمضي بحياتنا نحو الأفضل واتصالنا الدائم بالله 😍
Sergio
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be very empowering. It's important to have an open mind when learning about the Power of Intention because only by being receptive to this knowledge, you'll be able to put it in practice. Although it reminds me of other books such as The Power by Rhonda Byrne, I like the fact this author is more specific about how to set things in motion and consistently repeats important phrases and parts of the book, so they better resonate with the reader. This is the type of book that im ...more
نبذة عن الكتاب 1 27 Nov 11, 2011 05:38AM
  • Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
  • The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want
  • Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
  • Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises from the Power of Now
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
  • Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
  • Power vs. Force
  • Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life
  • Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self
  • Soul Stories
  • Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't
  • Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
Wayne Walter Dyer was a popular American self-help advocate, author and lecturer. His 1976 book Your Erroneous Zones has sold over 30 million copies and is one of the best-selling books of all time. It is said to have "[brought] humanistic ideas to the masses".

He received his D.Ed. degree in counseling from Wayne State University. He was a guidance counselor in Detroit at the high school level and
“Friends are God's way of apologizing for your family.” 640 likes
“if we focus on what's ugly, we attract more ugliness into our thoughts, and then into our emotions, and ultimately into our lives” 63 likes