Start by marking “Hope Springs (Longing for Home, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hope Springs (Longing for Home, #2)

Hope Springs (Longing for Home #2)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  2,549 Ratings  ·  439 Reviews
All is not well in Wyoming. Katie Macauley gave up her life-long dream of returning to Ireland in order to make a home for herself in Hope Springs, but her future has never been so uncertain. The town is more divided than ever, with both the Irish and the Reds stealing property, burning buildings, and endangering lives.

Katie’s heart remains sharply divided between her love
Published February 18th 2014 by Shadow Mountain (first published February 14th 2014)

Melissa
Jan 27, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Now that is a book! I am just sooo happy and sooo sad it is all over! What an ending. I was so worried before I picked this book up that it would be a middle filler book that it would end in a cliff hanger but the ending was beautiful. I laughed, I cried, I cheered for joy. What a beautiful book and what a way to tell a story! I can not say enough good about this book and about this author. The Characters were amazing and came completely alive for me. I loved each of them and co ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Sarah Eden has written a sequel that, in my opinion, is better than the first! I loved revisiting the town of Hope Springs. Katie is one of my favorite characters. She is strong and vulnerable at the same time. She has a heart of gold and tries her best to help out her neighbor, or anyone else she sees in need. She has sacrificed so much of herself, her time, and her talents to enrich the lives of others.

The book holds a love triangle. At the end of the first book I thought that it had been reso
Julie
Feb 24, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing
Hope Springs is a book I've been anxiously anticipating since I closed the last page on the first book in the Longing For Home series. There is a love triangle introduced in the first book that had me leaning heavily in one direction, and at the end of that book I had reason to believe that my favorite hero would win the lady, but I wouldn't find out until the next book. I tried to weasel any hints from the author, Sarah Eden, but she played it cagey and didn't spill even one bean.

You can imagin
Adrienne
Jan 14, 2014 Adrienne rated it really liked it
Katie Macauley has decided to stay in Hope Springs, but her life there is far from happy. She's troubled by the feelings she has for both Tavish O'Connor and Joseph Archer. With both men interested in her, Katie has to figure out which one she'll choose, but she doesn't know how to figure out what she even wants. At the same time, the feud between the Irish and non-Irish settlers continues to escalate. With beatings, fires, thievery, and more, the town is on the brink of destruction. Katie is de ...more
Andrea
Feb 27, 2014 Andrea rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

Hope Springs is a really great story. The first book in the series, Longing for Home, was good, but Hope Springs absolutely made Katie's story!

The feud between the Irish and the non-Irish in Hope Springs was heartbreaking. I loved Katie's character and her determination to help those around her. It would have been so easy to throw in the towel and leave, but that's not Katie. Through extreme adversity she did her best to make things better for everyone.

I cried at least once. Hope Sprin
Melissa
Dec 13, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I loved this book even more than the first! There is nothing like a good love story.
Jen
Nov 07, 2015 Jen rated it really liked it
After reading Longing For Home, and feeling disappointment, along with lack of closure, I had to immediately read Hope Springs. It's rare that a 2nd book is better than the first, but this is one of those times. This book is way more than just a romance. These are characters with real problems, it's not based on petty misunderstanding, or a constant questioning of feeling. The happy ending that does come, comes at a very high cost. I was weeping at the loss. I couldn't believe what the author pu ...more
Anne Osterlund
Jul 16, 2014 Anne Osterlund rated it it was amazing
Katie has forfeited her dream of returning to Ireland in exchange for the promise of a new home in Hope Springs, Wyoming. But the pall of hatred—a bitter feud between the Red-roaders and the Irish immigrants—looms over the promise of that future, until even the neutral ground of the Archer ranch is no longer safe.

Katie sacrifices her job, her lodging, her time, her savings, and even her meager income in the support of her Irish neighbors and peaceful relations between both ends of the community,
Chrissy
Nov 18, 2013 Chrissy rated it really liked it
Both a heartbreaking and beautiful book. I cried, especially in two chapters. It has a happy ending, thank goodness!! And I loved the romance, it was just how I was hoping, even from book 1. I wouldn't exactly call this "lighthearted," but it was a good read.
Heather
Once again, Sarah M. Eden delivers a romantic and deeply touching story. I loved the historical time period and the conflict between the Irish and Americans. So fascinating. Read LONGING FOR HOME first, and now you won't have to wait for this sequel HOPE SPRINGS. Worth every minute!
Feb 24, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
great book!
Ashley
Jan 06, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
Sarah M. Eden, please read my review, thanks.

Oh, Sarah M. Eden. I loved this series, but I was distraught throughout the entire thing because of the love triangle! I knew that I would be sad at the end no matter who she picked because I liked both guys. Tavish is just so funny and charming, but with hidden sadness. Joseph needs her so badly, and so do his two motherless girls. Oh, the drama!

The characters in this book are so fun. I love all of the Irish talk and banter. They are very endearing a
Becca
Feb 26, 2014 Becca rated it it was amazing
Let me just start by saying that I love all things Sarah M. Eden. She is such an amazing writer. She is so talented, and has such a way with words. Her books grab you from the moment you open them. This one is no different.

I have been dying for this book to come out, and then when I got it, I didn't get to it fast enough. My daughter stole it first. I had to listen to her "hmms, and haaa's" the whole time, and it about killed me. When I finally got my hands on the book I couldn't put it down. I
Feb 24, 2014 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-paperback
I've read all of Sarah's books and I think this one is by far her best yet! It was born of sacrifice and hard work on her part and those characteristics become so much more real in her main character.

Katie MacCauley has made a decision to join her fellow Irishmen on the Irish Road in her small town of Hope Springs, Wyoming. The town is divided by prejudice and hatred, the Irish "Paddys" targeted as foreigners in a harsh land. The Red Road will do anything to get Katie our of their site, our of
Melanie
Nov 19, 2013 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Katie Macauley has made the decision to stay in Hope Springs. Tensions in the town are worse than ever and both sides are contributing to the chaos. Katie learns a negotiating tactic from Joseph and is able to figure out a way to help the Irish make it through the winter. There's a real fear that something tragic will have to happen in order to wake people up and start to look for ways to get along.

Even though there are some difficulties, I love Hope Springs! The Irish pull together to help eac
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Jan 21, 2014 Aimee (Getting Your Read On) rated it it was amazing
I am in love with Hope Springs. The whole of it. I swear Sarah Eden weaves magic into her books. This book is the second in the Longing for Home series.

The characters in this story are well developed. They feel like real people and it makes me feel as if I know them personally. I became emotionally invested and I love when my emotions become part of a book.

Katie is still Katie. It would seem she still feels as though she has something to prove and she continues to yearn for the validation and l
Sheila
Feb 09, 2014 Sheila rated it it was amazing
I've been trying to write this review for the last three hours. Every time I would get started, I couldn't get the words out of how I truly felt about this book. I've had so many emotions running through my mind and heart. It's not often that you read a book that has such an impact on your heart, but Longing For Home: Hope Springs does exactly that.

The second Longing for Home book, by Sarah M. Eden will give you an incredible reading experience. Even if you haven't read the first book you still
Sydney Jackson
Feb 24, 2014 Sydney Jackson rated it it was amazing
Francesca
Jul 28, 2015 Francesca rated it liked it
So the story line was great and seeing how the feud got dealt with was done well. Though I wish the person causing a lot of trouble for the feud would have had a worse punishment. Let's just say I would have given them a more cruel ending.

The romance is where my venting begins and there will be SPOILERS.
First off, I love Tavish WAY more than Joseph! Joseph was a great guy but I was not in love with him like Tavish. But I knew from the first book that Katie was going to end up with Joseph. They
Christin
Shauna
Jan 20, 2014 Shauna rated it it was amazing
I've said it before...
and I am going to say it again...

I LOVE SARAH M EDEN'S BOOKS!

I love the way she writes!
I love the stories she chooses!

While this setting is different from her other "proper romances" set in England.

I LOVE the ruggedness of this Wyoming setting.

I love the hardships.

I love the way she portrays the feud between the Irish Road and the Red Road.

I love the determination of one woman trying to bring everyone together even though her life is probably the hardest hit.

Katie gave up h
Jul 24, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
Kristen
Oct 17, 2013 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, clean-read
While this book was well done, it wasn't by any stretch of the imagination a fun, happy, lighthearted read. It actually was almost painfully sad & trying at some points in the story. ("Life just takes and takes!")

It had a happy ending which all books should but there was a lot of grief & heartache to get there.

Do Not READ if you don't want to know who she ends up with!!!
(view spoiler)
M.A. Nichols
Feb 16, 2016 M.A. Nichols rated it really liked it
Wow. This book certainly stepped it up from the first one. Not that the first one was bad, but I ended up sobbing through chunks of it and found myself craving it when I had to put it down. Still not my favorite of Sarah M. Eden’s, but where the first book was a good read, this one was really enjoyable.

The love story played out very nicely. I was happy with the resolution and thought the author did a very good job with wrapping up the love triangle. The plot was good and again, wrapped up nicely
Tamarynn Bennett
Jul 19, 2014 Tamarynn Bennett rated it it was ok
This was a rough one for me. I usually love Sarah Eden, but this story was not my favorite. I liked the way the first book ended. I fell in love with Tavish and was happy with her choice to pick him. I felt like Tavish was portrayed entirely differently in this book (and even somewhat of a jerk). The author probably did that so we would root for Joseph. If I'd read this book alone, I probably would have liked it better. It was a great story for Joseph, and was definitely written in a way to make ...more
Megan Alton
Mar 02, 2014 Megan Alton rated it really liked it
I love clean, tender romances that have some substance. I love Sarah Eden's books and have never really been disappointed. This series was sweet but so so sad. Not a huge fan of love triangles and I would have liked a few more lighthearted moments. But the characters were complex and the book drew me in. If I could give 3 1\2 stars I would but I'll round up since I love the author and because I felt so drawn to the characters. Now I just need Finbarr and Emma's story (just hoping it's not quite ...more
Corinne
Jun 28, 2014 Corinne rated it liked it
Lacey
Mar 24, 2014 Lacey rated it really liked it
My only concern about the first book was that it really left you hanging... lots of plot build up, romantic tension... and then it just left you hanging. This book perfectly answers all unanswered questions and is a beautiful love story. I really liked it.
Michelle
Jan 08, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
Loved it. But it lost a star because I HATE what happened to her and Finbarr and Marianne at the end. It was too many downs. Especially to Katie. I really hope she does another one about Tavis and maybe one about finbarr and Emma.
Tiffany
Feb 26, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
This was a fabulous book that had me laughing and crying and experiencing all sorts of emotions in between. Sarah Eden is a very talented author and she fits history into her tender stories like a champion! Well done! I am so happy I read this book!
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 08:01AM
  • Lady Emma's Campaign
  • My Loving Vigil Keeping
  • My Fair Gentleman
  • Lord Fenton's Folly
  • Saving Grace (Hearthfire Romance, #1)
  • Eleanor and the Iron King
  • Painting Kisses
  • A Perfect Secret (Rogue Hearts #3)
  • Missing Lily
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Love Letter Collection
  • Mail Order Bride Collection: A Timeless Romance Anthology
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Autumn Collection
  • Untethered

Longing for Home (2 books)
  • Longing for Home (Longing for Home #1)

“We need to do something about your unpronounceable name.” ’Twas a pointed remark, one accompanied by a look of such earnestness she knew on the instant he meant it as more than a jest. “Perhaps I need a new one,” she suggested. He whispered, his breath tickling the hair that hung loose over her ear. “There is no ‘perhaps’ about it, Katie. I mean to see to it you have a new last name, and I know exactly which one it ought to be.” 2 likes
“What if I agree to call you darling from now on, and you agree to call me Joseph?” Her expression was equal parts disbelief and amusement. “I always call you Joseph.” “I know. I just really like the way you say it.” She gave him a sidelong look. “Are you talking sweet to me, Joseph?” 2 likes