Start by marking “Hope Springs (Longing for Home, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hope Springs (Longing for Home, #2)

Hope Springs

(Longing for Home / Hope Springs #2)

All is not well in Wyoming. Katie Macauley gave up her life-long dream of returning to Ireland in order to make a home for herself in Hope Springs, but her future has never been so uncertain. The town is more divided than ever, with both the Irish and the Reds stealing property, burning buildings, and endangering lives.

Katie’s heart remains sharply divided between her love
Published February 18th 2014 by Shadow Mountain (first published February 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hope Springs, please sign up.
Steph Yes, it's called "Love Remains" and it comes out in September 2017. It's a story about Tavish and a girl named Cecily.
(…more
(http://www.sarahmeden.com/2017/01/com...)(less)

Tandie
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Clean romance and Sarah Eden fans
Recommended to Tandie by: Vera
I'm in Utah for some not fun hospital tests. I downloaded lots of audio and Ebooks in preparation for this trip, which is taking the better part of a week. Do you know, a good book can make everything feel better? There's nothing like it for me.

Hope Springs, the second book of a duology, was the perfect comfort read. You must read the first book, it's like part one and part two of the same story. Western historical romance set in the tiny Wyoming town of Hope Springs. Katie has come all the way
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Sarah Eden has written a sequel that, in my opinion, is better than the first! I loved revisiting the town of Hope Springs. Katie is one of my favorite characters. She is strong and vulnerable at the same time. She has a heart of gold and tries her best to help out her neighbor, or anyone else she sees in need. She has sacrificed so much of herself, her time, and her talents to enrich the lives of others.

The book holds a love triangle. At the end of the first book I thought that it had been reso
Melissa
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Now that is a book! I am just sooo happy and sooo sad it is all over! What an ending. I was so worried before I picked this book up that it would be a middle filler book that it would end in a cliff hanger but the ending was beautiful. I laughed, I cried, I cheered for joy. What a beautiful book and what a way to tell a story! I can not say enough good about this book and about this author. The Characters were amazing and came completely alive for me. I loved each of them and co ...more
Katie W
Book 1 in the series almost ripped my heart out, with all of the heartbreak and the love triangle because really...what's not to love about either guy? If one of them was a jerk, it would be an easy choice to see one of them go. Needless to say, it ended on a note that left me hanging and wanting more.

I finally had a chance to sit down and read this one and wow--I was once again blown away by the amazing way that Eden is able draw a reader right into the heart of the story. It doesn't hurt that
Julie
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hope Springs is a book I've been anxiously anticipating since I closed the last page on the first book in the Longing For Home series. There is a love triangle introduced in the first book that had me leaning heavily in one direction, and at the end of that book I had reason to believe that my favorite hero would win the lady, but I wouldn't find out until the next book. I tried to weasel any hints from the author, Sarah Eden, but she played it cagey and didn't spill even one bean.

You can imagin
Tamarynn Bennett
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was a rough one for me. I usually love Sarah Eden, but this story was not my favorite. I liked the way the first book ended. I fell in love with Tavish and was happy with her choice to pick him. I felt like Tavish was portrayed entirely differently in this book (and even somewhat of a jerk). The author probably did that so we would root for Joseph. If I'd read this book alone, I probably would have liked it better. It was a great story for Joseph, and was definitely written in a way to make ...more
herdys
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This second book was even sadder than Hope Springs but it also brought resolution to the loveline and the conflict between Irish and the Red Road.

Of course, people got hurt and it was a hard road but I feel satisfied. Also knowing that Tavish finds his Ceece on his own book and Finbar does recover and learns to adapt and live despite his blindness, made things easier. I hope he gets his own book someday!
Adrienne
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Katie Macauley has decided to stay in Hope Springs, but her life there is far from happy. She's troubled by the feelings she has for both Tavish O'Connor and Joseph Archer. With both men interested in her, Katie has to figure out which one she'll choose, but she doesn't know how to figure out what she even wants. At the same time, the feud between the Irish and non-Irish settlers continues to escalate. With beatings, fires, thievery, and more, the town is on the brink of destruction. Katie is de ...more
Andrea
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

Hope Springs is a really great story. The first book in the series, Longing for Home, was good, but Hope Springs absolutely made Katie's story!

The feud between the Irish and the non-Irish in Hope Springs was heartbreaking. I loved Katie's character and her determination to help those around her. It would have been so easy to throw in the towel and leave, but that's not Katie. Through extreme adversity she did her best to make things better for everyone.

I cried at least once. Hope Sprin
Book Chick (Tori)
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars...
I read the first in this series and was a little frustrated by the lack of closure. I had invested time reading 400 pages of basically a set up for the sequel. But, the sequel was SO good. I went through so many emotions. Hope Springs has been on the verge of a civil war between the Red Road and Irish Road for years and years. In this book it all comes to a head. Katie is trying to find her place and keep the peace... while struggling with feelings for 2 different men. 2 GOOD men. Us
Heather
Once again, Sarah M. Eden delivers a romantic and deeply touching story. I loved the historical time period and the conflict between the Irish and Americans. So fascinating. Read LONGING FOR HOME first, and now you won't have to wait for this sequel HOPE SPRINGS. Worth every minute!
Melissa
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book even more than the first! There is nothing like a good love story.
Melanie
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Katie Macauley has made the decision to stay in Hope Springs. Tensions in the town are worse than ever and both sides are contributing to the chaos. Katie learns a negotiating tactic from Joseph and is able to figure out a way to help the Irish make it through the winter. There's a real fear that something tragic will have to happen in order to wake people up and start to look for ways to get along.

Even though there are some difficulties, I love Hope Springs! The Irish pull together to help eac
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with Hope Springs. The whole of it. I swear Sarah Eden weaves magic into her books. This book is the second in the Longing for Home series.

The characters in this story are well developed. They feel like real people and it makes me feel as if I know them personally. I became emotionally invested and I love when my emotions become part of a book.

Katie is still Katie. It would seem she still feels as though she has something to prove and she continues to yearn for the validation and l
Jen
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
After reading Longing For Home, and feeling disappointment, along with lack of closure, I had to immediately read Hope Springs. It's rare that a 2nd book is better than the first, but this is one of those times. This book is way more than just a romance. These are characters with real problems, it's not based on petty misunderstanding, or a constant questioning of feeling. The happy ending that does come, comes at a very high cost. I was weeping at the loss. I couldn't believe what the author pu ...more
M.A. Nichols
I never, never, never delete a previous review, but this book deserved a rewritten, better review.

I read this one back in 2016, and I rarely ever enjoy a book better the second time than I do the first. The original time I read this, I liked it but didn't love it. This go around, I loved it. My previous review didn't do justice to this story. Perhaps because this is a different western romance than you find out there, and my expectations colored my perceptions.

Any book that keeps me craving to g
Shauna
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've said it before...
and I am going to say it again...

I LOVE SARAH M EDEN'S BOOKS!

I love the way she writes!
I love the stories she chooses!

While this setting is different from her other "proper romances" set in England.

I LOVE the ruggedness of this Wyoming setting.

I love the hardships.

I love the way she portrays the feud between the Irish Road and the Red Road.

I love the determination of one woman trying to bring everyone together even though her life is probably the hardest hit.

Katie gave up h
Anne Osterlund
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Katie has forfeited her dream of returning to Ireland in exchange for the promise of a new home in Hope Springs, Wyoming. But the pall of hatred—a bitter feud between the Red-roaders and the Irish immigrants—looms over the promise of that future, until even the neutral ground of the Archer ranch is no longer safe.

Katie sacrifices her job, her lodging, her time, her savings, and even her meager income in the support of her Irish neighbors and peaceful relations between both ends of the community,
Chrissy
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Both a heartbreaking and beautiful book. I cried, especially in two chapters. It has a happy ending, thank goodness!! And I loved the romance, it was just how I was hoping, even from book 1. I wouldn't exactly call this "lighthearted," but it was a good read.
Mindy
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, this is a beautiful story. I loved this one even as much as I loved Longing for Home. Very well done. Cried through most of the last 1/4th, but it does end well and I was satisfied and happy, even though there was tears at the end too.
Tiffany
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Good ending. Hope she makes a book for the guy that didn't "win".
Jenn
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
It took me a long time to finally read the second Longing For Home book because the first one was only barely above okay for me. I'm happy to say I enjoyed this book more. I still think the story could have been told in one book though as the first one dragged on for me a bit. I'm glad that "the other man" in the abhorred love triangle gets his own story soon and I hope Finbarr will get one too.
Shauna
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down. So happy with the ending.
Celeste Batchelor
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked the second book better than the first one, which is rare. Usually one loves the first and not the sequels. A very clean read and bit entertaining, although I like the regency books better.
Laura Hall
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, lds-fiction
I think I may have liked this one more than the first one. Cried a lot at the end, but felt like it was wrapped up pretty good. Love this series.
Ashley
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sarah M. Eden, please read my review, thanks.

Oh, Sarah M. Eden. I loved this series, but I was distraught throughout the entire thing because of the love triangle! I knew that I would be sad at the end no matter who she picked because I liked both guys. Tavish is just so funny and charming, but with hidden sadness. Joseph needs her so badly, and so do his two motherless girls. Oh, the drama!

The characters in this book are so fun. I love all of the Irish talk and banter. They are very endearing a
Becca
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start by saying that I love all things Sarah M. Eden. She is such an amazing writer. She is so talented, and has such a way with words. Her books grab you from the moment you open them. This one is no different.

I have been dying for this book to come out, and then when I got it, I didn't get to it fast enough. My daughter stole it first. I had to listen to her "hmms, and haaa's" the whole time, and it about killed me. When I finally got my hands on the book I couldn't put it down. I
Heidi
Longing for Home is one of my all time favorite stories (it's a two book set). I love the characters, the setting, and the beautifully told, if rather heart-breaking at times story. I found myself loving Katie from the very first page with her determination, courage, and kind heart masked behind her prickly facade. A facade developed over years of being on her own working as a servant from the age of 8-years-old. She blames herself for her estrangement from her family and wants desperately to re ...more
Grace
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Heather
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-paperback
I've read all of Sarah's books and I think this one is by far her best yet! It was born of sacrifice and hard work on her part and those characteristics become so much more real in her main character.

Katie MacCauley has made a decision to join her fellow Irishmen on the Irish Road in her small town of Hope Springs, Wyoming. The town is divided by prejudice and hatred, the Irish "Paddys" targeted as foreigners in a harsh land. The Red Road will do anything to get Katie our of their site, our of
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 08:01AM

• Lady Emma's Campaign
  • My Loving Vigil Keeping
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Love Letter Collection
  • My Fair Gentleman
  • The Lady of the Lakes: The True Love Story of Sir Walter Scott (Historical Proper Romance #2)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: European Collection
  • Where the River Once Flowed
  • The Earl's Betrothal
  • Missing Lily (Books of Dalthia #2)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Mail Order Bride Collection
  • Painting Kisses
  • A Perfect Secret (Rogue Hearts #3)
  • Captive Heart
  • Eleanor and the Iron King

Longing for Home / Hope Springs (4 books)
  • Longing for Home (Longing for Home #1)
  • Love Remains  (Longing for Home #3)
  • Long Journey Home (Longing for Home, #4)
“What if I agree to call you darling from now on, and you agree to call me Joseph?” Her expression was equal parts disbelief and amusement. “I always call you Joseph.” “I know. I just really like the way you say it.” She gave him a sidelong look. “Are you talking sweet to me, Joseph?” 3 likes
“We need to do something about your unpronounceable name.” ’Twas a pointed remark, one accompanied by a look of such earnestness she knew on the instant he meant it as more than a jest. “Perhaps I need a new one,” she suggested. He whispered, his breath tickling the hair that hung loose over her ear. “There is no ‘perhaps’ about it, Katie. I mean to see to it you have a new last name, and I know exactly which one it ought to be.” 2 likes