Start by marking “Liberty or Death (Thea Kozak, #6)” as Want to Read:
Liberty or Death (Thea Kozak, #6)

Liberty or Death

(Thea Kozak #6)

Thea Kozak is a woman who has prided herself on always being the strong one in a crisis. While she's usually not the one that starts the process, she seems to always be the one to clean up the messes--and she's had practice at it. She survived her husband's death and her sister's brutal murder and not only came through with her mind and heart intact, but has used that pain ...more
Published January 4th 2003 by Tom Doherty Associates

To ask other readers questions about Liberty or Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberty or Death

Mary Garrett
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Liberty or Death by Kate Flora
After her wedding day is rudely interrupted when militia types take the groom hostage, Thea works (WORKS! — harder than I ever could) as a waitress in a small town, looking for clues to Andre’s captivity.
This book is so scary-true in terms of current events that I checked the copyright date — 2003 — warnings go way back. I’m reading the series not in order as I usually would, rather in the order in which I manage to find copies of the books, and it’s working because
Trimaze
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once again I can honestly say Liberty or Death is a great continuation in the Thea Kozak Mystery series. I am enjoying everything about the series so far. I think the thing I like the most about the series is the relationships between the characters.

The storyline this time centers around the kidnapping of Thea’s fiancé Andre on their wedding day. Thea gets involved in the investigation by going undercover. The story that follows is fast paced and quite thrilling.

“I received this book for free
Ellen White
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thea is attracted to danger, and finding more than she can handle, and tears are always close to the surface. With Alex kidnapped, they are saying the militants took him, he was just in the wrong place. Trying to get information working as a waitress, and that is wearing her out fast, Wanting to find out where Alex is being held at. Another page turner and hope you find out soon. With her feet killing her, and pregnant, it’s almost too much for Thea.
T Olsen
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, the story is very well written and with great characters, but the plot is a little lacking in this book. For a series, there is a great variety of situations, settings and plots, and that's very commendable. But this time I find the plot contrary to the main character's character (!) and not very flattering for the police.
I received this book for free from eBook Discovery. I voluntarily post this review. This is my honest review.
Evonne Hutton
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thea is my kickass hero!!!
When her husband to be gets abducted on their wedding day, the world as she knows it drops away.
A well written story line that will make you think.
I received this book for free from eBook Discovery. This is my honest review.
Suzzie
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Starts on a wedding that is rudely interrupted by a kidnaping of the groom. What happens next is a race against time to find the groom. Love. A strong woman willing to do anything for love. I received this book from eBook Discovery. I voluntarily review this book. This is my honest review.
Brittany
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love how Kate Flora kept the top villain until the end. These characters keep getting better. I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery. I am voluntarily posting this review. This is my honest review.
Diane Heath
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This book begins with Thea's wedding to Andre and ends with the wedding of Thea and Andre. In between all hell breaks loose for our favorite couple
Mary Warren
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one for the best books I've read lately. From the first page to the end it really good. I received this book from e book discovery and this is my honest review.
Ann
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Thea is an unlikely person to end up in the middle of murders and conspiracies and violent crime and criminals, but she does. She is a strong and opinionated character. She says what she thinks and acts on her gut and her emotions with tenacity and courage in each of her books; this one is no exception (sort of)
The story deals with militia groups and fanatical violence in the name of constitutional rights and liberty with a group of anti government and anti police in a small town in Maine. Full
Stephanie
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent
Jeanie Jackson
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Wow, and wow. Intense suspense. This is only the second of this series I have read. I liked the Death one just fine but this drew me in more.
S
Feb 23, 2017
Jon Noffsinger
Mar 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kate Flora grew up on a chicken farm in Maine where the Friday afternoon trip to the library was the high point of her week. She dreamed of being able to create the kind of compelling, enchanting worlds of the books she disappeared into every week, but growing up in the era when “help wanted” ads were still sex-segregated, she felt her calling was to go to law school and get the job they told her ...more

Thea Kozak (8 books)
  • Chosen for Death (Thea Kozak, #1)
  • Death in a Funhouse Mirror (Thea Kozak, #2)
  • Death at the Wheel (Thea Kozak, #3)
  • An Educated Death (Thea Kozak, #4)
  • Death in Paradise (Thea Kozak, #5)
  • Stalking Death (Thea Kozak, #7)
  • Death Warmed Over (Thea Kozak, #8)
“Wal-Mart is modern America in a nutshell. A busy, air-conditioned bazaar offering products from all over the world at irresistible prices. No one sits on a carpet and haggles with you only because the Grand Vizier has already read your mind and priced the things you want at the prices you want to pay. No human interaction is necessary. Just pile up your sterile metal shopping cart with all the things you need to keep you happy, pay with plastic, and carry them back to your mobile home in your pickup truck, where you can add them to the hordes of other products you bagged on earlier expeditions. We live in a culture where shopping has become a recreational activity and the passive, glassy-eyed stare of the shopper suggests we are all being controlled by some higher authority which has replaced our minds, our souls, our will with a single emotion: the desire to shop.” 0 likes