Start by marking “Dark River (Warriors: Power of Three #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark River (Warriors: Power of Three #2)

Dark River

(Warriors: Power of Three #2)

Alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here: Dark River

Lionpaw, Hollypaw, and Jaypaw—grandchildren of the Clan leader Firestar—are thriving as the newest ThunderClan apprentices. Yet with their new responsibilities come new experiences, new power . . . and secret dangers.

Lionpaw makes a friend—and a discovery—that must be kept hidden; Jaypaw learns a secret that could benefit ThunderClandangers.

Lionpaw

Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published December 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dark River, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Mason [The reason his other senses increased was because he was blind. When any animal becomes blind, it's senses increase to make up for the loss in sight.…more[The reason his other senses increased was because he was blind. When any animal becomes blind, it's senses increase to make up for the loss in sight. That's why blind people have better hearing than people who can see.](less)

Deborah Pickstone
Despite how many I have read of these books I am still chary of calling the Erins 'favourite authors'. Anyway, in this series and this book - Jaypaw wants slapping, Lionpaw's an idiot and Hollypaw gets stuck in a ludicrous kidnap plot thanks to her nosiness. Still happily reading along and still happy that Greystripe is back : )
Aoife
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christina
Feb 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
A little slow to start for me, could be because it's been awhile since I've read a Warriors book but in the end it was better. I'm curious to see that the newest prophecy has in store for our warrior friends.
Scott
May 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
The title says an awful lot in this 2nd part of the Power of Three saga. It becomes more clear that Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight's kits are the three referenced in this series. There are many subtleties alluded to throughout this book but many tales are intertwined as the powers of Hollypaw (sense of diplomacy) and Lionpaw (skills as a tactician) begin to emerge. Sadly, another encounter with TigerStar, this time through Lionpaw, seems to give the power-hungry ancestor a new hold on ThunderCla ...more
Micheline
Kayla
Aug 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
I liked this book more that the last one. It had more of a plot to it. I like Jaypaws character, it is interesting to read a Warriors book and have it go by smell and hearing rather that sight, being Jaypaw is blind.
Also I have come to the conclusion that Squirrelflight is not the mother of Jaypaw, Hollypaw and Lionpaw. I believe Leafpool is there mother. If you have read this book you might see why I think this. :-)
Aurora Dimitre
so glad we're focusing a little bit more of lionpaw now.
Maymuna
May 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Greetings my name is storm star here's my clan

Thunder clan

apprentices

Queens

Kits
Kate Matson
Summary:
With more experience comes both power and danger: Lionpaw makes a friendship--and a discovery--that must be kept hidden; Jaypaw learns a secret that could benefit ThunderClan by damaging others; and Hollypaw knows something that could avert a battle, if she could convince the rest of her Clan.
The three are torn apart as each discovers darkness: in themselves, in the Clans, and in the past. And, as conflict begins over what it means to be a warrior, rising tensions threaten to
Gerda Fiske
This is one of the best 'Warriors' book I've read to date. It's so good! My favorite part was when Hollypaw, Jaypaw, Lionpaw, Breezepaw, and Heatherpaw were saving Sedgekit, Thistlekit, and Swallowkit from the tunnels. Then Fallen Leaves was there and showed Jaypaw the way, and it was like they were brothers!
KylaRodas
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The three apprentices find it hard to trust each other. Secrets are around every corner, and an evil enemy has returned.
Zanye
This book was just...a major execution. Like, a French Revolution-style, King Louis' head execution. So, pretty much the same thing as the first POT book.
The characters just felt SO fake, like the author didn't eat any thought donuts that day. I also just didn't like the style of this particular Erin Hunter. There are six Erin Hunters, so my theory is that, because there is six main arcs, they have one author per arc. And this author just is not very good.
Hoping for better books in the POT a
Joseph Leskey

REVIEW REVIEW R…
Kate R
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: third-9-weeks
Warriors is a series about cats living in the wild split between four clans. But the main characters are Jaypaw, Hollypaw, and Lionpaw! They are kin ( siblings ) who are in a prophecy whitch says that they will be stonger than Starclan! Starclan is their kind of gods or ancestors. Survivors is just like this series but of dogs instead. I really dont like that Heatherpaw who is in another Clan meets in a sewer witch they call the DarkRiver, Just to use battle moves and play around. My favorite pa ...more
GuineaPigFalconer
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd probably give this book closer to 4.5 stars; it was one of the better warriors books I've read in a while! The action was fast-paced and all of the characters' internal battles felt very real. I'm now very curious about the tunnels, and although I've read this book before, I don't really remember if they come into play again. I sure hope they do, with their historic and slightly spooky residents. Now onto the next book!
Smaug the Unmerciful Editor
Some important things happen in here, but again, just skim it. I almost stopped reading (view spoiler) because it got super angsty and stressful, but it got better fast.
Jaypaw is less of a whiner in this one, and has some cool visions. I mean, REALLY cool visions. He's like the Jace Beleren of the Warriors world: mind magic, blue, etc. Pretty cool.
Hollypaw is kind of weird. She d
Sara Jones
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book and the ending very much
Leilani Cordova
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warriors Dark River by Erin Hunter is a really good book. Hollypaw, Lionpaw and Jaypaw are thriving in their apprenticeships. The three of them are unraveling their powers. There are great things about each of their powers, but each of them also discover darkness, in them and in the Clans.
Camille
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feature
Dark River is the second book of Warriors: Power of Three. It follows three young cats that live in ThunderClan called Jaypaw, Hollypaw and Lionpaw.

After reading the first of this series, The Sight, I was very keen to start reading this book so I did immediately afterwards. This is where my first praise goes - to the smoothness in which the first book led to the second. I find that many author find it difficult to go into a sequel and a) Provide all the need information and b) Make i
Julie
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is so far quite intriguing. I can't see how it will end up. Is Jaypaw even one of the 3 with the power of the stars? (view spoiler) ...more
Cherie W
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lionpaw, Hollypaw, and Jaypaw are just like any other apprentice. Lionpaw has a special relationship with Heatherpaw, a Windclan apprentice, and Hollypaw is really suspicious about it. Heatherpaw and Lionpaw meet at night. they don't think their doing anything wrong, but Hollypaw does. So when she and Cinderpaw catch them at it, Heatherpaw finds a cave underground for them to meet in. Through Lionpaw promised himself he would stay loyal to his clan and wouldn't fall behind in his duties, he is l ...more
Cara
JJ
Jan 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cat/fantasy fans
Shelves: cat_books, fantasy
INTERESTING
Katie Conn
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is the best warriors I've read so far! Very compelling and I love the growing character development and dark twists and turns. It really takes on a more adventurous feel at the end.
Daniel
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like how the author put action in the story. As I read the series, I'm always thinking about what's going to happen next. I really enjoyed it.
Austin G
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This time I read this outstanding book, wrote by Erin Hunter. Hunter did an amazing job on this book titled Warriors, Power of Three, Dark River. The Lexile level for this book comes in at 620L. The great novel is based off of the main characters kids of The first Power of Three book that Hunter wrote. Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight have a litter of kits. The names of the kits are named Hollykit who is a female, Lionkit a male, and Jaykit who is a blind male.
During this time the Cats, Hollypaw
Alex Foux
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library
(Parents, please see ** note!)

Never count the little guy out! "Warriors" follows the story/bloodline of a cat name Rusty/ (view spoiler), a little orange house cat wants to be free more than anything in the world. He finds out quickly that the forest is a much bigger and dangerous world than he bargained for. He starts a new life with new friends and a new name, rising above discrimination and fighting to prov
Deyla
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Samantha
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had a lot going on, a little more than the first book, it kept the story interesting though.

I kind of felt like Jawpaw grew a little here, he isn’t as much of a grouch but that could just be because I can’t remember the rest of the series.

The writing here was better and I loved that we are getting to see the really ancient cats and exploring the tunnels a bit. I kind of feel like this could have just been an unneeded extension of the first and second series but the w
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Who dunnit 35 53 May 24, 2019 04:27AM
whos your fav cat 133 62 Oct 16, 2014 02:40PM
jaypaw 38 96 Jul 25, 2014 04:41PM

• The Outcast (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #8)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Clan Ground (The Named, #2)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Circle of Heroes
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As well as having a great respect f

Warriors: Power of Three (6 books)
  • The Sight (Warriors: Power of Three, #1)
  • Outcast (Warriors: Power of Three, #3)
  • Eclipse (Warriors: Power of Three, #4)
  • Long Shadows (Warriors: Power of Three, #5)
  • Sunrise (Warriors: Power of Three, #6)
“Birchfall lapped at his wound "You're not very sympathetic for a medicine cat" "I'm here to HEAL you. If you want sympathy, go to the nursery" Jaypaw mewed” 82 likes
“Being Tigerstar's son has meant I've had to win the trust of every ThunderClan cat over and over. So I know how frustrating it is when you have to prove something that shouldn't need proving.” 61 likes