Start by marking “Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times” as Want to Read:
Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times

Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  222 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews

It’s time for the next generation of leadership.

Digital leadership is a strategic mindset and set of behaviors that leverages resources to create a meaningful, transparent, and engaging school culture. It takes into account recent changes such as ubiquitous connectivity, open-source technology, mobile devices, and personalization to dramatically shift how schools have

Published January 14th 2014 by Corwin

To ask other readers questions about Digital Leadership, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Digital Leadership

Daniel Scott
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just when I've read several articles on teachers leaving the education field, I pick up Digital Leadership by Eric Sheninger and have a renewed passion for preparing my students for their future. Currently at our school, we don't have wifi because "teachers are online buying things." I'm in the middle of planning how to approach our administration about how to better train our teachers and students for the real-world, and this book has been a huge encouragement and vital source of knowledge and ...more
Heidi
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I read this book for a class. It has some great ideas about integrating technology into schools. Although I appreciated some of the ideas, it was obviously written by an administrator, not a teacher. It is also a little dated. It constantly talks about using social media, but it focuses on Twitter and Facebook, which isn't as relevant for teenagers right now.
Mary Foxe
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: education
This is a decent book for administrators who want to know what tools are available to them with the use of technology. I do feel like at times it was "Technology will fix everything!" without always acknowledging the problems that go along with it, but that might be the subject of another book. This one was more about getting administrators to buy into using technology.
Tamra L. McDougall
Many wonderful ideas for digital leadership that I can use when I become an administrator and can even get started while teaching.
Dwight Goodwin
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book about digital leadership. I really like the PD piece that never goes out of style however some of the tech examples are already outdated and it was only written 3 years ago.
Cynthia
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this amazing book on digital leadership in education. Sheninger shares his journey as an administrator through the process of rejecting and then embracing technology in the learning environment. He shares examples from not only his own school, but from educators at all levels from around the country. He outlines his Six Pillars of Digital Leadership in an enlightening and inspiring manner. Sheninger also addresses the use of technology and social media in branding and sharing the story of ...more
Stan Skrabut
This is one of the best books I have read. I believe every educator, education administrator, and simply all leaders should read. Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Timeswritten by Eric Sheninger thoroughly explains why educators and leaders should be directly involved in using and promoting the use of technology as a work, learning, and communication tool. Read more
Martha
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by a great leader in education who has challenged all those in education to try new ways of teaching. Eric does a great job storytelling his journey and what he did to change paradigms in education for changing times. I love a good challenge, gets me thinking in ways I normally do not. A must read for leaders, teachers and tech specialist. One of my top 5 PD books in education today! Great job Eric!
Tia Henriksen
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book! I while I was familiar with many of the strategies presented, it was interesting reading about it through the stories if so many educational leaders I follow and look up yo on Social Media. This is a good book especially those who have not engaged in digital leadership. Even those who have been involved in digital leadership would get a lit out of this book. Enjoy!
Michael Marcela
Sep 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this book as a requirement for work. It is very good. I was impressed with the author's dedication to student led learning and how digital tools are a way to enhance and build upon independent learning by students. He makes a point of how educational leaders need to step up our game and model appropriate and beneficial use of digital tools in our schools and classrooms. Good book.
Katie Siemer
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book for educational leaders looking to implement technology into their daily routine. Sheninger provides anecdotes and examples of how many school leaders began leading by example with technology. Great read for any school leader-especially those who may be hesitant to start using technology.
Jennifer Dehayes
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am in the middle of this one... If you're a tech nerd it's the way to go... I also follow Eric on Twitter and participated in a chat that he ran. He is informative and very tech savvy. It's a good way to learn about how education and technology jive together... But is can be a little overwhelming!
Julie Suzanne
Very inspiring! Had to read this for grad school (library and information studies), and Sheninger convinced me that I could become a leader in my school district. He aims to motivate his readers to lead school districts into the digital age by providing inspiring examples and how-to instructions. Good luck!
Dee
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a good book for program administrators who want to remain relevant in terms of technology adoption and integration. The later chapters become a bit redundant, but overall Digital Leadership would be a valuable addition to any educational leaders' bookshelf.
Brad Currie
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Digital Leadership by Eric Sheninger is a tremendous resource for current and emerging school leaders. The ideas and resources shared can easily be infused to improve the digital culture within a school or district.
Melissa
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great PD book for educators, especially administrators or tech coaches, to read before the upcoming school year. It's full of practical tips on why and how to encourage educators to become users of edtech in and out of their classroom.
Brian McCann
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After being a resource to me for more than a year, I finally read DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP cover to cover. Concise, accessible and full of great strategies for leaders. Thanks Eric!
Angelina Moehlmann
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book to support the digital leader.
Julie Aquilina
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: leadership
Reaffirming vision of technology's place in education. Wish there had been more
Diana
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book!
Vanessa
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the real life examples of schools that are incorporating technology into their school culture.
Dave Moyer
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
A good primer on integrating technology into schools.
Mleander23
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A must read for any lead learner/principal.even if you are all ready on the journey lots of great ideas to involve stakeholders.
Mike Dunn
Jean MacLeod
Jul 19, 2015
Mar 01, 2014
Pschooling
rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2016
  • Fair Isn't Always Equal: Assessing  Grading in the Differentiated Classroom
  • The Multiplier Effect: Tapping the Genius Inside Our Schools
  • Total Participation Techniques: Making Every Student an Active Learner
  • The Principal: Three Keys to Maximizing Impact
  • Shifting the Monkey: The Art of Protecting Good from Liars, Criers, and Other Slackers
  • Why School?: How Education Must Change When Learning and Information Are Everywhere
  • World Class Learners: Educating Creative and Entrepreneurial Students
  • The Flat World and Education: How America's Commitment to Equity Will Determine Our Future
  • Net Smart: How to Thrive Online
  • High-Impact Instruction: A Framework for Great Teaching
  • Classroom Habitudes: Teaching Learning Habits and Attitudes in 21st Century Learning
  • Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom
  • Leaders Make the Future: Ten New Leadership Skills for an Uncertain World
  • An Ethic of Excellence: Building a Culture of Craftsmanship with Students
  • Open: How We’ll Work, Live and Learn In The Future
  • Leaders of Learning: How District, School, and Classroom Leaders Improve Student Achievement
  • Making Thinking Visible
Eric is a Senior Fellow and Thought Leader on Digital Leadership with the International Center for Leadership in Education (ICLE). Prior to this he was the award-winning Principal at New Milford High School. Under his leadership his school became a globally recognized model for innovative practices. Eric oversaw the successful implementation of several sustainable change initiatives that radically ...more
“If schools continue to follow an outdated educational model focusing on preparation for an industrialized workforce, they run the risk of becoming irrelevant to our students and communities.” 2 likes
“I don't find the time to learn and get better. I make the time to learn and get better.” 1 likes