Start by marking “There's a Mouse about the House” as Want to Read:
There's a Mouse about the House

There's a Mouse about the House

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  184 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Activity books which feature a cardboard character which takes the reader on an exciting adventure as it passes through a slot on each page
Published February 1st 1988 by E.D.C. Publishing (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about There's a Mouse about the House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There's a Mouse about the House

Sally
Feb 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, picture-book
This has been a favorite in our house. There are slots in the pages so the mouse travels through the house as you turn the pages. One thing I liked about it is there is a template on the back of the book for making a new mouse, should your original mouse get lost or too "loved." A parent thought up that detail.
Melissa
Mar 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book 100*s I would! This is the one book that my almost 5 year old wants to read again and again and again. He has always loved to read with us, but this book really got him to look forward to story time and he pulls it out almost every day when it is that special time!
Amy
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is super fun, super cute, and just above & beyond your expectations of a typical kids book. It's so much fun to fit the mouse through the slots and see where he'll end up next. The path that guides the way is just what you'd imagine for a mouse scurrying about a house. It's so fun that both my 2 year old and my 6 year old both constantly fight over who gets to be the mouse. Fun for all ages and a nice size book too.
Jamie
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really fun book! YOu use the removable mouse and have it follow along dotted lines, slipping through the pages on an adventure.
I really love how on the back there is a pattern for making another mouse should the origional get lost somehow (because they know kids!)
HOWEVER, the 'slots' are not all nice, sturdy cardboard and if your child gets too enthusiastic they can rip the tabs very easily. The tail gets caught pretty often, so you'll have to oversee if you don't want any damage done by overze
Adam Schetselaar
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
kids love pulling the mouse through the slots. difficult at first to keep the kids gentle or when other kids visit. but it is surprising sturdy.
Angie Simmonds
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Even though the illustrations aren't spectacular and the story line is so-so I have to give this book 5 stars because it's so much fun and will keep you entertained as you read it over and over and over again. There's a Mouse about the House comes with a cutout mouse with a thick string tail that you use to follow the path the mouse takes through the house to find the cheese. The mouse runs around and around and slips through holes. nooks, and crannies. It's so much fun to watch him sneak out th ...more
Dolly
Nov 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun book to read aloud with children as they scoot their mouse along the dotted lines and through the slots to follow the story. Even though we've lost our mouse (and in anticipation of such an event occurring,) there's a small picture of a mouse to trace and cut out your own. That was almost as much fun as reading the story.
Christopher Obert
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
This children’s book, about a mouse exploring a house for something to eat, is fun and inviting. The book comes with a small mouse that you can move through slits in the book’s pages. This makes the mouse go from room to room in the story. I enjoy reading this book to my grand daughter as she moves the mouse in and out of each page. It is one of her favorite books.
Chelsea
Mar 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My daughter and I both have this book memorized!! She needs it read to her EVERY night and she likes to be in charge of the mouse. It's also my preschool classes favorite book. I say it's a must for any parents with kids!
Amanda
Apr 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
I absolutely love this book and how interactive it is! The reader takes a mouse in an adventure where they have to read and use he pictures to decode the text if needed. This book is very simple with very few words.
Hollie
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-for-aria
This book is perfect for bed time! it's long and has enough to keep my little one watching me move the mouse and talk as well as lift the flaps but short enough it can be read to it's entirety. My daughter often request another book if she feels it wasn't long enough. This book is super cute!
Julie
Feb 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I love the this Book. It's so entertaining for all ages of kids. It comes with a little paper mouse you can slip through the slots!
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This is my son's favorite book!
Pat
Aug 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This book is lots of fun for little kids. Once or twice in a sitting is just the beginning. Four stars for the fun I have 'reading' this book with the kids.
Caroline
Jan 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
this is so fun for the kiddos to see the mouse go through the slots on each page...and if you lose the mouse there are instructions on the back of the book to easily make a new one.
Melinda
Nov 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
very fun to read. And there are directions on what to do if you lose the mouse; you can easily make a new one, using the pattern on the book.
Amy
Mar 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: n-and-b
Fun. The mouse goes through the house looking for food by passing though slots in the book to end up on the next page.
Tanya
Mar 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents and their kids
Interactive book that's really fun for the little ones. Drew LOVES it and has been reading it to Jake and now Jake likes to "read" it on his own (in his "library corner").
Mrs Bond
Mar 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals
Kids love helping the mouse move all through house through slots in the pages.
Marci
Nov 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: henry
Henry LOVES this book and threads the mouse through the pages like a pro. We read it multiple times per day.
Katie Loucks
Absolutely love this book.
Wendy Bethancourt
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: peer-in-class
This is an interactive book
that introduces children to read from left to right
from top to bottom, it comes with a paper mouse that moves through out
the story for those visual learners.
Kathy Johnson
Oct 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Every kid needs this book - it is so much fun to read.
Christian
Oct 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites...the mouse "visits" the squirrel from the similar Squirrel's Tale book sometimes!
Andrea
Dec 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: early elementary
Great book for learning prepositional phrases, reading left to right, and top to bottom. Kinesthetic, auditory, and visual learning.
Emma
Dec 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun book to read with children, mine loves it!
Deborah
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-children
My sons loved this book and so did I.
Kewpie
  • Winter Days in the Big Woods
  • Polar: The Titanic Bear
  • My Very First Book of Shapes
  • BOB Books Set 4: Complex Words
  • Fancy Nancy Halloween... or Bust!
  • Duck Soup