Start by marking “Change Management” as Want to Read:
Change Management

Change Management

An introduction to change management from the editors of the Change Management Learning Center.
Published December 1st 2012 by Ingram (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Change Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Change Management

Start your review of Change Management
David Goldman
Change Management: The People Side of Change
10.18

This is a solid introduction to change management that focuses, as the title indicate, on the people change is impacting. I found the book to be practical and insightful when thinking about how to manage change. The book provides useful tools to help with your discussions. That said, the book is fairly basic and somewhat repetitive especially considering it’s short length.

Change Management Notes

* I. Change has only truly occurred when individuals
Abdullah
Jul 27, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
One of my friend recommended this book. He took a class in his master degree and they studied this book.
Vera
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Very basic but gives a good overview of PROSCI Change management process.
Angela
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not every book I read can be fun, I guess. This was a quick but dry overview of basic change management. It follows its own advice and builds your awareness of how change management is vital to business success. Then, it builds your desire to want to get better at it, before giving you some basic knowledge of what that change entails. It builds your ability by introducing you to tools and processes. Then, finally, it covers how to wrap up a project and what it could look like if you reinforce th ...more
Robert Bogue
As hard as it is to hear, the easy part of change management is the technical part. It’s something that I learned over a decade ago, as we were called in to implement new technology. We found that, though the solutions were technically beautiful, organizations weren’t getting the right value out of the change. That’s where Change Management: The People Side of Change comes in. It’s Prosci’s CEO Jeffrey Hiatt’s guide for managing the people side of change in the organization.

Kristin
May 14, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was optional reading for a training class I attended at work a few years ago. I never got around to reading it at the time, so I figured I'd read it during the work-from-home COVID-19 situation and get another credit toward my 2020 reading challenge.
It's based on the ADKAR model for change management. It distills what you learn in Prosci's training down to an easily digestable book - certainly good as a refresher if you've taken the training and probably a good introduction to the conc
Manuel Garcia Lacayo
Short & Helpful

I gained insight about change management and I learned basic & powerful tools that help to face the challenges when introducing a change for individuals or companies.
Damon Stoddard
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good and simple

ADKAR is a great model, I will definitely use it for driving change in my organization. The book can be a little dry at times and was definitely q. I also
Paul
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-challenge
Easy to read intro to Change Management. Definitely got me curious and eager to learn more.
Jeff
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great desktop resource for any leader; it will be one that I revisit often.
Sam
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent introduction to Change Management, with practical examples on how to implement the principles of the ADKAR framework
Nicole
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you need a relatively short, to-the-point primer on change management, this is a great resource.
Paula
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: business, own
Provides a good overview of change management concepts, including use of the ADKAR model.
Barry Bridges
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Solid, clear instructions for working with individual to change and in return changing an organization.
Ava Goepfert
Very standard but gave me some ideas to help clients through change! Especially love honing in on the individual and the "what's in it for me?"
Dr. Gerd Ehrhardt
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A must read is “Change Management: The People Side of Change” by Jeffrey Hiatt and Timothy J. Creasey. Individuals and companies naturally resist change but in an era filled with disruptive technologies and shifting work dynamics, change is the only thing that's promised. This easy-to-read manifesto will help you figure out how to most effectively get your staff and management on board with positive transitions in overall work structure. The innovative ADKAR model provides a nice guideline demon ...more
Kira
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book came along with other learning material when I took the Change Management course through my work. It is a great intro into what Change Management is, or a great refresher. I think the course itself is excellent and the workshops are what drive all the information home. This was an easy read, not too dry and it had thought provoking questions, real world example and worksheets to help you through the process.
David
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book provides the reader several options when implementing change in an organization. It discusses the resistance and obstacles which will most likely be encountered and suggests ways to proactively address those issues.
Jerome Parisse
This is a very simple, easy to read introduction about change management. Something to start with, but don't expect too much out of it if you have already worked on change management. This is for beginners. But it's great nonetheless.
John Sorensen
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid, simple presentation on the topic.
Jon Reynes
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good start to making sense of change management at the workplace.
Donnovan Simon
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good work. Very simple and practical. Great refresher for all managers and whoever is involved in the management process of any type of change.
Neil
rated it did not like it
Mar 20, 2013

• Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard
  • How to Write Science Fiction & Fantasy
  • Getting Your Book Published for Dummies
  • The Economics of Discontent: From Failing Elites to The Rise of Populism
  • The Power of Creativity:  Learning How to Build Lasting Habits, Face Your Fears and Change Your Life (The Power of Creativity, #1)
  • The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups
  • High Output Management
  • The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations
  • Interview with the Robot