Start by marking “Horrid Henry” as Want to Read:

(Horrid Henry #1)

Horrid Henry is rapidly establishing himself as a character children love to hear about. These four tales of a very naughty boy, his maddeningly good little brother Perfect Peter, and Moody Margaret, all show him wreaking havoc.
Published December 1st 1999 by Orion Children's Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Horrid Henry, please sign up.
Hamza Saeed easy, first go to any book store or go to search and type horrid henry and then there is a option to read
Regsly I would say 6+. Henry isn't all that horrid, just selfish. A lot of times he doesn't get his way, other times the confusion is actually not his fault…moreI would say 6+. Henry isn't all that horrid, just selfish. A lot of times he doesn't get his way, other times the confusion is actually not his fault or he didn't have the intention of reaching such a conclusion.

And he actually has common sense, I wouldn't want to visit his city's museum. I mean, recent acquisitions: earth from Mrs Montague's garden and the Mayor's baby pictures?? What a waste of time and memory.

The writing is really simple and accessible, the illustrations are comical and it's all very mild.(less)

Nelly
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'm still on my search for the boy version of Junie B. Jones. This ain't it. I don't like the language, I don't like the parents, I don't like the kids. The stories are kinda funny, but overall don't send any kind of a good message to kids. Mostly being "horrid" pays off, which I don't think is a great lesson to teach. At least Junie B. has a good heart and ultimately means well. Henry is just a jerky little kid with jerky parents who yell, pick favorites, don't discipline and are all-around "ho ...more
Ahmad Sharabiani
Horrid Henry (Horrid Henry #1), Francesca Simon
عنوانها: هنری شیطون؛ هنری زلزله؛ هنری دردسرساز
عنوان: هنری پسر دردسرساز؛ نویسنده: فرانسسکا سایمون؛ تصویرگر: دن پنی؛ مترجم: سیما مشهوری؛ تهران، سبزخط، 1386، در 16 ص، مصور رنگی؛ شابک: 96495330347؛ برای کودکان گروه سنی الف و ب، از مجموعه داستانی به نام «لطفا یک قصه برایم بگو»،؛ که یکی از داستانهای آن همین «هنری پسر دردسرساز» است؛ موضوع: داستانهای اجتماعی برای کودکان از نویسندگان امریکایی قرن 20 م
Betsy
Jun 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Naughty bad little boys are the joy of the sometimes naughty, often good little readers. There's the vicarious thrill of reading about a kid who's bad, knows it, and still goes through with behavior not always on the up and up. In America, we have our fair share of these fellows. Now Rotten Ralph and Horrible Harry have a challenger to their bad behavior based throne. From England comes Horrid Henry, the boy who will gleefully ruin a dance performance, torture his perfect little brother, sabotag ...more
Tom Carr
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The book 'Horrid Henry' is a collection of four short stories which focus on the daily events of the classic anti-hero protagonist, Horrid Henry. A man who's very identity is described even before his name is given to us. He is not the only character to be named with an overly-simplified, alliterated characteristic; brothers, arch-nemeses and friends alike are all named like this: Perfect Peter, Moody Margaret, Rude Ralph etc. Truly, from names alone we understand that simplified identity will b ...more
Andrea Medina
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
I thought the book was very funny.The book was about a kid named Henry. He was horrid. He had a brother named Peter. He was perfect. Henry tried to be perfect but he couldn't. They went camping for vacation. Henry was told that there was a T.V and comfortable beds. He was surprised of what he saw. He had to sleep in a little tent that got soggy because of the rain.I recommend this book to all the fifth graders because it tells you how to be horrid and how to be perfect.
Chelsea Wong
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
i found this book very interesting, I found that i want a bother or sister after I read this book, since I think it's always fun even a brother who is Horrid Henry( I am an only child in my family), I realize a brother can be horrible and maybe , there's a slightly chance that they are actually seeking attention, and no other than this.
Jade Estall
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Horrid Henry is a little boy who is notoriously ‘horrid’, lacking in manners and hygiene and always up to mischief. There is also his brother 'perfect Peter' who, on the contrary as the name suggests is perfect in every way. The stories address how personalities can clash and how this can be dealt with in a positive way, emphasising that we are all different.
There are many horrid Henry books with a series of short stories in. The characters really help to tackle the range of children in classroo
Angela Bailey
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Title / Author / Publication Date:
Horrid Henry. / Francesca Simon. Tony Ross (ill.) / 2009.

Genre: Juvenile Humorous Fiction.

Format: Book - print. 128 pages.

Plot summary:
"Horrid Henry is the worst -- he's always in trouble, and he seems even more badly behaved than he actually is in comparison with his brother, Perfect Peter. In the four short stories collected here, the mischievous Henry causes Peter all sorts of problems when he behaves properly for a change, upstages Peter at a dance recital,
Cindyloo
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
I have 2nd and 3rd grade boys. One who's a reluctant reader, one who loves to read, and they BOTH love this series. A great transition book that's a step up from readers, but still has illustrations.
Nina
Donna
Oct 21, 2017 added it
Renee
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Funny but Henry can be pretty horrid for a kid.
Regsly
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers tired of the classic good/awkward protagonist, & like mischievousness
Recommended to Regsly by: Cppineapple
Shelves: children-books
Henry is bossy and wants everything his way, he needs to learn about the importance of hygiene, manners and proper social interaction. He also must be taught to be patient, tolerant and respectful. His parents always playing favourites does not help that!

In this first volume, you have a glimpse of how his parents just repeat the same admonitions whether he is doing something wrong or not. They do not pay proper attention to their sons and lack parenting skills.

It is really quite irritating, th
Eva Mitnick
Apr 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Henry isn't quite as bad as Gantos' Rotten Ralph (you know, the very naughty red cat) but he's a lot worse than Kline's Horrible Harry. This series has been tremendously popular in the UK and now it's coming to the States. Henry just can't help being true to his ornery, wild self - kids will read about him and his brother Perfect Peter with amusement and some envy (wouldn't you just love to go through a day being Bad?). Great for kids just moving from Easy Readers to chapter books. Liberally ill ...more
Kate
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile, my-kid-read
Review from an 8-year-old:

"This book is about a horrid boy. He is horrid wherever he goes. It is a funny book and he gets in trouble ALL the time. I liked this book because it was very funny. While camping, Henry picked pegs from each tent to use for a fire. In the morning he discovered the tents had collapsed. Still Henry did not learn his lesson though. He went on to be horrid though. I would give this book 4 1/2 stars."

7/12/13
Brooke
Nov 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Read with Mikey and still uncertain if I liked it or not. I thought the stories were sort of funny, but there was no cohesive connection between chapters to pull everything together. Also didn't like the way the parents treated the boys - may give one more a shot, then return to other more suitable children, like Junie B. Jones or Ramona. Was really hoping for a good boy series.
Silence-traitor
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic
Simone Chan
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think this book is suitable for all primary students, this is interesting to talk about how they get along and live together when one is perfect and the other one is horrible.
N.
De titel "Stoute Hendrik Het spookt in huis" staat niet op de website. Vandaar de review van deze titel onder "Het spaghettigevecht" wat ook een stoute Hendrik boek is.
Dit is een erg leuk (voor)leesboek voor jongere kinderen. Hendrik is volgens de volwassenen in het boek erg stout maar eigenlijk is het een gewoon jongetje dat niet altijd even goed begrepen wordt. Zijn broer perfecte Peter is het tegenovergestelde in karakter en doet alles braaf zoals de volwassenen het willen. Eigenlijk best saa
Holly
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Super spoiled kids. Ridiculously bad parenting. Not particularly good messages to send to kids. That being said, my seven year old son loved the stories in this books. He says they are the funniest stories he's ever read. And he did realize that everyone was acting badly. So, if you don't take it too seriously, it's silly fun for kids.
Chelsey
The smooth reading level makes this and ideal book for children transitioning out of readers and into Big Kid Books. Henry's naughtiness and sneaky thinking will entertain even very reluctant readers.
Charlotte Martin
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
this book is very good for any age. I loved it as a child and I love to read it now. You should totally read it.
Dorian
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Figured I'd give this a read to see what all the fuss is about :) So many of my current and past students love the Horrid Henry books, but I'd never even read one.
Omar
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is great
Elisia Green
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
He is very horrid and my fave character of all time and you are my fave author's of all time
Sam
Jun 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Four four plus
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
love
Hannah Moraa
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this books even though my parents say that's it's making me have less manners
Claire fraser
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book
  • The Real Thief
  • Mr. Majeika
  • Clever Polly and the Stupid Wolf
  • Hodja fra Pjort
  • The Lighthouse Keeper's Lunch
  • Katie Morag Delivers the Mail
  • Dailan Kifki
  • The Adventures of Maya the Bee
  • 100万回生きたねこ (The Cat Who Lived a Million Times)
  • The Night Pirates
  • Beegu
  • Friends from the Other Side/Amigos del otro lado
  • Les Contes du chat perché
  • Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse
Francesca Simon grew up in California and attended both Yale and Oxford Universities, where she specialised in Medieval Studies. How this prepared her to write children’s books she cannot imagine, but it did give her a thorough grounding in alliteration.

She then threw away a lucrative career as a medievalist and worked as a freelance journalist, writing for the Sunday Times, Guardian, Mail on Sund

Horrid Henry (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Horrid Henry and the Secret Club
  • Horrid Henry Tricks the Tooth Fairy
  • Horrid Henry's Nits
  • Horrid Henry Gets Rich Quick
  • Horrid Henry's Haunted House
  • Horrid Henry and the Mummy's Curse
  • Horrid Henry's Revenge
  • Horrid Henry And The Bogey Babysitter (Horrid Henry)
  • Horrid Henry's Stinkbomb