Start by marking “Old Paths: Being Plain Statements On Some Of The Weightier Matters Of Christianity” as Want to Read:

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Published February 18th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Old Paths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Old Paths

Gary
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a glorious book! The doctrines of Christianity thoroughly and succinctly explained. JC Ryle writes in the way he. must have preached: solid Bible, no fluff or embellishments, but spoken so clearly even a child of God could understand it. I was sad when I finished it because I loved the journey so much!
Rick Shrader
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have always enjoyed studying from Ryle’s Expository Thoughts on the Gospels and have wanted to read this long treatise for a while. John Charles Ryle (1816-1900) was bishop Liverpool and an evangelical within the Church of England. If the reader can discern the obvious references to that church polity and doctrine, he can greatly enjoy the straightforward style common in that day. Ryle’s own description of the book is, “The longer I live the more I am convinced that the world needs no new Gosp ...more
Timothy Dingman
Nathan
Apr 25, 2018
Esther
Mar 09, 2018
J. C. Ryle was a prominent writer, preacher, and Anglican clergyman in nineteenth-century Britain. He is the author of the classic Expository Thoughts on the Gospels and retired as the bishop of Liverpool.
More about J.C. Ryle