Start by marking “Snore!” as Want to Read:
Snore!

Snore!

All is quiet on the farm. The animals are fast asleep. Until Dog starts to snore! One by one, the other animals try to stop him: Sheep says Boo! the piglets giggle and Cat even tries to sing. But Dog snores on until morning, when, fresh as a daisy, he wakes up ready for a new day. By then, the other animals are so tired, all they can do is SNORE!

This is a re-issue in a lar
Published November 3rd 2003 by HarperCollinsChildren’sBooks (first published May 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Snore!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snore!

Start your review of Snore!
Sheena O'connell
May 14, 2012 rated it liked it
This is an energetic and humorous book that introduces children to a range of farm animals and the noises they frequently make. It familiarizes children with these animals and brings the farm yard to life in a humorous manner. All is quiet on the farm until 'dog' decided to snore. This woke all the other farm animals including the cows, chickens and pigs etc. The animals decided that they needed to do something about this noise that was keeping them awake all night. The animals all decided to ma ...more
Laura Hickey
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
“Snore!” is a humorous book which is suitable for children in Nursery and Reception. It allows for children to become more familiar with different types of animals and the noises they make. It also brings the farm yard to life with a funny twist. All children will love this book.

All is quiet, until dog started to snore. His snoring woke all the animals and it was then that they decided to do something about it. Each animal made their own noise into the dog’s ear. But nothing woke him! They then
unperspicacious
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Judging by his screams and grunts, this is now the boy's new favourite, displacing Lulu's Busy Day. Which is nice, as it is a lot more fun to read to him! ...more
Anna {Follow me for reviews! (✿◡‿◡)}
My dad used to read this to me when I was a little girl. Even now it is still a funny book about what the farm animals have to do in order to try sleeping while the dog keeps snoring. How can they make him stop?! Cute and a light read.
Audrey Widjaja
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite...ever! I love the story and illustrations. Good job!!
Tavia
Jul 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Simplistic, yet good for introducing young children to the sounds that different animals make.
Jenna Mills
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
A fun read
Jamila
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful book about a mischievous dog who falls asleep in a farm and disrupts all of the farmyard animals. This is an excellent book to use in guided reading sessions in Key Stage 1, as the pupils can actively respond to many aspects of the book. The familiar animals, the events that take place such as the dog snoring in his sleep and the progression of the plot make for excellent discussion points that can be explored with a group of children.

I found that when working with a small gr
Lydia
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Snore! , written by Michael Rosen, is about a farmyard of animals all trying to get a nice quiet nights sleep, however the snoring dog is keeping them all awake. They try all sorts of things to get him to stop snoring, without any luck. Filled with snoring and animal sounds, it's a fun book to both read and listen too.

This book is great and has you in fits of giggles at listening to, or even trying to attempt, the snoring noises as well as trying to imitate all the sounds The illustrator, Jonat
Helen
Nov 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelf-for-isaac
I only picked this out because it had a lot of animals in and I wanted to practise the signs for them.

There's nothing to the story and I don't find the pictures particularly appealing and there are no rhymes BUT when we read this together Isaac squealed with laughter all the way through. It will only work for the unembarrassable parent, though.
Wendy Unsworth
Sep 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dog is keeping all the other animals on the farm awake with his snoring. They band together to try to decide how they can make him stop.
This is a book great for little ones who will wriggle away if there are too many words. Lots of opportunity for adults to pep up the action with animal noises as the sleepy animals oink and Moo amd Baa. Gorgeous illustrations too.
Tina
Feb 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Typical, some nights my husband gets like that with his snoring - I don't sleep all night, then when he wakes up I can then get a snooze and he blames me for spending all night reading. Tuts. ...more
Jodz
Sep 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
One of my sons favorites this year! cute book.
Jenni
Aug 15, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is a noisy story that many families will relate to and sympathize with the farm animals.
elora

• Dogs Don't Do Ballet
  • Beneath (Beneath, #1)
  • Sophie Washington: My BFF
  • Six-Dinner Sid
  • The Gruffalo (Gruffalo, #1)
  • Room on the Broom
  • Edward the Emu
  • The Zoo Book
  • Jogger's Big Adventure: (Early Reader)
  • Along Came a Different
  • Previously
  • The Elephant and the Bad Baby
  • Mr Big
Michael Rosen, a recent British Children’s Laureate, has written many acclaimed books for children, including WE'RE GOING ON A BEAR HUNT, illustrated by Helen Oxenbury, and I’M NUMBER ONE and THIS IS OUR HOUSE, both illustrated by Bob Graham. Michael Rosen lives in London.