Start by marking “Clifford's Happy Easter” as Want to Read:
Clifford's Happy Easter

Clifford's Happy Easter

(Clifford the Big Red Dog)

Clifford's holiday adventures have been delighting young readers for 30 years. Now here's a brand-new book featuring America's favorite Big Red Dog in a funny Easter story. Full color.
Published February 1st 1994 by Scholastic Inc. (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Clifford's Happy Easter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clifford's Happy Easter

Alisa
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Today at the nursing home we had an Easter Egg Hunt for all the great grandchildren and kids of employees.. after the hunt we had cookies and punch and we had the Children's Version of "Story Time with Lisa" and they all wanted to hear about Clifford.. This was a fun story that the children laughed at and one little boy said, "Cliiford cracks me up".. all in all a great book for a great day.
April Grob

Friendship and sharing
Lee Ann
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
Clifford's a classic, but I didn't love this one. 2/5 stars.
PWRL
Jun 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-new
O
Kristen
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: easter, kids-books
This book was cute. Clifford didn't get in to quite as much trouble in this book. It really only focused on the fun part of Easter, not the religious side of Easter. It focused on the egg dying and hunting. While it's a fun read for kids, it just didn't have as much plot as usual and I was disappointed that it only focused on one tiny aspect of Easter.
Julie Barrett
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Clifford Happy Easter by Norman Bridwell
Audio version so I am not seeing the colorful pictures.
Emily has a dog Clifford. Last year she dyed eggs and he tried to help, the only way he could, by watching.
Her dream of dyeing the eggs, Clifford was helping and splash he was all green, then he was all yellow, Emily decorated him with other colors.
Sun woke her up on Easter morning and went to hunt for the eggs...
I received this book from National Library Service for my BARD (Braille Audio Reading Devi
Modboy
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Modboy by: Grandma Bonnie (for Oliver)
Clifford helps Emily Elizabeth decorate and hunt for Easter eggs. Somewhat typical Clifford fare except for the crazy-psychedelic dream Emily has of Clifford falling into the decoration bucket and turning a multitude of colors and patterns. Like wow! As if a big red dog as large as a house wasn't trippy enough.
Elizabeth
I have found that the illustrations have always helped student to realize as well as remember just how big Clifford really is. Sometimes students can get lost in the words of the story and forget that Clifford is abnormally large. The illustration of Clifford stirring the large vat of dye really helps students see the what the words of he story are telling you.
Kirstin Kemppainen
I loved Clifford books and this one is just like all the others, Great!! This would be a good book to read to the kids around Easter. It's a cute story about decorating eggs and Emily's crazy dream about Clifford.
Adrienne
Feb 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Pretty cute. I like Clifford a lot. The dream sequence was a little strange--what did that have to do with Easter? I mean, I get the dyeing eggs and dyeing Clifford connection, but there was actually not much about Easter in the book.
Jodee
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tessa
Fun loving Clifford what a great dog and good book for dog lovers. Easy to read and entertaining for both parent and child especially when you're into it as the reader. Colorful and a good message about sharing in the end
Kathryn Jones
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Growing up I loved animals, this made the Clifford books very appealing to me. In this particular book it is Easter. Clifford get to experience decorating Easter eggs and other Easter traditions. This book can help bridge different holidays as well as other cultures and customs in the classroom.
Rosa Cline
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: easter, kids, 2016, 2018
This is one of the original Clifford the Big Red Dog books. Emily Elizabeth and Clifford look forward to dying Easter eggs; so much that Emily Elizabeth dreams about Clifford helping her. The story is pretty much her dream... how Clifford changes colors and patterns.
Jan 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holidays
This book would be a fanastic story for students to read around Easter time. It's not religious. It also talks about other holidays such as St. Patrick's Day and the 4th of July. This would be a fun book that students would like to read.
Keleigh
An easy read for younger students or those who struggle reading. It is something students can relate to, dying Easter eggs.
Rachel
Jun 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014, stars-3
I liked it. ⭐⭐⭐
Heather Lei
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
It's a decent little book with a questionable grasp on the point of Easter.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: review
good early reader, using texet to relate to the television show, a cute childhood story book.
Andd Becker
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A colorful dream is the springboard for reader-reflection about colors.
Danielle Williams
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny
Little Miss and the Legomeister
Blah. Not one of the best Clifford books. Emily Elizabeth has a dream in which Clifford becomes colored various colors by a ginormous vat of egg dye.
Samantha
Sep 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Clifford is joining in on the Easter festivities, and Emily Elizabeth has one colorufl dream. ^_^
Joan
Jennifer Hill
Mar 13, 2017
Laura Kreklau
Apr 08, 2013

• Happy Halloween, Biscuit!
  • Max's Christmas
  • Mama Cat Has Three Kittens
  • The Berenstain Bears Go Out for the Team
  • Corduroy's Christmas Surprise
  • The Story of Easter
  • Dora's Book of Manners (Dora the Explorer, #5)
Norman Bridwell was an American author and cartoonist, best-known for the Clifford the Big Red Dog series of children's books. Bridwell attended John Herron School of Art in Indianapolis, Indiana. He lived on Martha's Vineyard, MA, where he wrote an average of two books a year.

Clifford the Big Red Dog (1 - 10 of 71 books)
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog
  • Clifford Gets a Job
  • Clifford Takes A Trip
  • Clifford's Halloween
  • Clifford's Tricks (Clifford)
  • Clifford The Small Red Puppy