Start by marking “Wiggle Waggle” as Want to Read:
Wiggle Waggle

Wiggle Waggle

Jump up and dance along with camels, horses, and kangaroos in their lively animal parade.
Board Book, 22 pages
Published March 1st 2002 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Wiggle Waggle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wiggle Waggle

Shawn Deal
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
a cute story about the various and different sounds animals make when they walk. And if you took all the various sounds they could make some music to dance too. Very clever.
jacky
Apr 22, 2011 rated it liked it
This book goes through a nice variety of animals. It matches the way they walk with a sound. Its perfect for toddlers and preschoolers to act out and read along.
Vivian
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This serves as a WIGGLE BREAK book in a story time setting. Children can walk-in-place with you, imitating a duck's walk, a horse's walk, an elephant's walk, and so forth. Animals featured include the three mentioned plus a camel, a penguin, a pig, a frog, a bear, a cat, and lastly a kangaroo.
Emily Carlyn
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime-reads
Great for toddlers and pre-k. I used this as the end of the story time session so we all got up and walked around like the animals pictured: ducks, penguins, horses, etc.
Molly Springer
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile
Jonathan London has yet to disappoint me! Great for 15 month - 2 yrs
Heidi-Marie
3/31/10 & 4/1/10 I needed a book really quick for movement to use in the toddler time, but I didn't realize how close it was to London's "Crunch Munch" until I reviewed the book right before storytime. I skipped the last few pages in the storytimes since they were just reviews and I didn't think the toddlers would want to do them all over again. But both groups did enjoy doing the actions along with me. I think once in a while they thought it was an animal sound book instead of action, but o ...more
Samantha Penrose
Nov 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
How do a duck, horse, elephant, camel, penguin, pig, frog, bear, cat and kangaroo walk?
For this story I pick up my 15 month old and "walk the walk"...I also "talk the talk" and add an animal noise (not included in the book)...he thinks this is all very silly....
Cute illustrations.
Good, but not great.
Andrea Boyd
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
My five you old daughter and I both really liked this book. The illustrations of common animals are huge and colorful so it would make a great read along for the preschool crowd. There is a ton of repetition.... "How does a pig walk? Snuffle root, snuffle root". The kids will be up and showing off their best duck, horse or elephant walk especially if this book is read often.
Ashwini Baranwal
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tiny-2
Great fun book. We acted both the walks and talks of the animals explained. My toddler and me were in loud laughs and the acting went on for too long. This book makes you do a little warm up exercise. Esp, when you do the frog, kangaroo, a horse act.!!!
Mary
This is a good book for little ones who know their animals and still like to play games. The book prompts readers to walk like the animals in question with pictures and onomatopoeia. It is fun and short!
Leah
Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This simple story about animals and how they move will be a hit in toddler storytime! The children will love walking like an elephant, wiggle waggling like a duck, and more!
Nancy J.

Similar to Head to Toe: good book to use a few active minutes with the younger class.
Matthew
I picked this up because it was a Jonathan London and while it isn't one of his nature books, it was still good. I'd use it for creative verbs and onomatopoeia because it has a lot of both.
Lisa
Apr 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Love the rhythm of the book, makes it fun to read aloud.
Wendy Kuzma
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pair this with "Animal Action" song.
Lindsay
movement, animals
Alice
Jan 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-50-stars
3.5 Stars A fun little animal sounds books. I would like to get all the animals together and have groups of kids act it out in a round...could be fun! Overall fun book!
Erin
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Walk like the animals with this simple book. Great for toddlers.
Meg McGregor
Aug 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Little ones get the animal sounds and their appearance; they can also learn to move just like them. A fun book that is great when it is raining outside walk and your littles want to move!!
Sam
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
An exceptional lapsit or toddler book. Lots of movement and great onomatopoeia words.
Shannon
Dec 02, 2007 rated it really liked it
excellent.
Cana
Apr 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Mommy says: This plot, pattern and cadence are a lot like London's Crunch Munch.
Angela
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Learn to walk like the animals that are in this quick read. Get your students up and moving with this fun book. Recommend for preK and K.
Shala Howell
Jan 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Lots of fun to try out the various walks with your child.
Leah
This simple book with clear bold illustration is sure to get the kids moving in storytime!
Cindi
Jan 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The sounds of animals walking. Fun read!
Mary
Jun 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime-books
Fun! Baby or PreK Storytime.
Tricia
Dec 28, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: movement storytime
animal noises and movements. good for storytime. big pictures and lots of fun sounds.
Sep 27, 2013
Shaena Peters
Oct 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jonathan London is the author of several celebrated children's books. His commitment to honoring the wonders of the natural world has been lauded by readers and critics alike. He is the author of more than 70 children's books, many of which are about nature. He's also the author of the popular Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California with his wife and two sons.