Start by marking “Diary of a Hapless Househusband” as Want to Read:
Diary of a Hapless Househusband

Diary of a Hapless Househusband (Hapless Househusband #1)

3.18  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
When father-of-two Sam loses his job, he reluctantly agrees to stay at home while his wife returns to work. Secretly thinking this whole parenthood thing a breeze of leisurely jaunts to the park, reading the paper while the children play quietly and occasionally attending a civilised play date or two, Sam quickly realises just what exactly it means to be a stay-at-home par ...more
Published August 16th 2007 by Arrow (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Diary of a Hapless Househusband, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary of a Hapless Househusband

Rosie Amber
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
When Sam Holden gets the sack from work he finds himself swapping the childcare role with his wife Sally. He is thrown into the battleground of looking after a 3 year old and a 1 year old, plus trying to juggle all the household duties as well.

Needless to say, Sam starts drowning in domestic duties. So he decides to implement a management plan to resolve the chaos. The children and the situations that Sam finds himself in don't fit in to his management plan. He's banned from the supermarket, nea
Frezanda
Jan 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
A very hilarious book about house keeping from man point of view. I think the word 'hapless' is an apt word to describe the character, Sam Holden. I just realize that the character has the same name aas the author in the middle of the book.
Lots of funny incident and the story just hooked you more as you read deeper. Reccomend this to everyone who likes dark humor. Even at the lowest point of life, we can still laugh about it.
Michelle
Sep 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Sam Holden's is a work driven bread winner for his family. He makes a mistake which sees him losing his job. Sam's wife returns to her high-powered job and Sam is left to bring up the Children. How hard can it be?

This book never becomes dull and there are several laughs on every page. Very very funny and very very British. The only bad thing about this book is that it had an ending. I could have happily read it forever.
Kathryn
Jan 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is hilarious! It is written in the form of Sam’s personal diary, and the crazy things that his kids get up to had me in stitches. I was laughing at things that really should not be funny, like the baby getting her hand stuck in the video player.

Towards the end I found that things started to take a weird turn. The ending was not unexpected, but I’m not sure I liked it.
Archana
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This is my first foray into rooster-lit. Am interesting premise - What happens When the husband is house bound and the wife goes out to save the world. I am glad that a colleague suggested this to me. We all can use some laughs! This book is perfect after you finish a heavy book or if you are just looking to chuckle along... Already planning to get my husband to read it! Good in parts.
Carla
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book had me in stitches. A nice easy read, handy when you're busy as it's in diary format you can read a couple of pages and put it down without losing anything. For all Mum's out there...a must read!
Enni
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not wow but still a good read.
Eleanor
Jul 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
"Finished WITH", rather than "finished". This is Bridget Jones for the stay-at-home dad. I lost all patience with him
Adri
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Quite funny. If you need to read something which will just help you relax then read this.
Sammie
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
I couldn't quite get into this.. until I got to near the end. Took me over a week to finish which is ages for me!
Larosa Chartese
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
a good read...lots of humor!!!!
Tria
Apr 20, 2008 rated it did not like it
Beli karena penasaran gimana seorang pria menulis perannya sebagai 'ayah rumah tangga'. Predictable. So far buku ini gak berhasil bikin aku mengamati tiap lembarnya dengan serius.
Samantha
Aug 10, 2013
Eva
rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2016
Nov 27, 2012
Fiona
Feb 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Hilarious!

Hapless Househusband (2 books)
  • Growing Pains of a Hapless Househusband