Start by marking “A Numbers Game (Out of Bounds, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
A Numbers Game (Out of Bounds, #2.5)

A Numbers Game

(Out of Bounds #2.5)

Love is worth more than the sum of its hearts…

CPA Merrit Callahan learned early not to let passion unravel her orderly life. Back in college she fell hard for a football player, only to be devastated when she discovered he’d been duping her all along—dared by his teammates to score with his bookish tutor. Now, after her back-stabbing fiancé breaks off their engagement, Mer
Published April 15th 2014 by Berkley

Christi Snow
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Review:
Aww, I really liked the backstory on this one. Merrit and Heath dated while they were in college. He was her first lover and she thought they meant everything to one another, but that all ended when she found out about a humiliating bet among the jocks. She was shattered by the revelation and took off never giving Heath a chance to explain.

For Heath, she was the one who got away. For Merrit, he was a humiliating awful memory that she wishes she could forget. So when they run across on
Melanie
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to read an advanced copy of this and it was another touchdown for Tracy. Even though this was a shorter novella it did not feel rushed and I feel like Merritt's and Heath's story was sweet and a great read. It was fun to get to read about more people who are part of the "Out of Bounds" family and it was another great story that I did not want to put down.

Hope
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love to hate novellas...and this one from Tracy is just the reason why. I want more of Meritt and Heath! I enjoyed the entire premise of the college athlete participating in a silly "game" that can only be classified as hurtful and arrogant and the shy smart girl finding out after losing her heart. The fact that she ran away before any explanation can be given and they run into each other many years later makes for a great story. So good that this greedy reader wanted even more. But just so, t ...more
Tori Meskell
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
While I love to have the meat of a full novel, every once in a while a shorter novella will hit the spot, and this one certainly did. Even in a short piece of work, Tracy Solheim has created full and interesting characters with strengths and flaws that are believable. I particularly love the blue crab scene, where she has included unexpected detail on how to crack a crab. Most authors would gloss over that in a short story, but Tracy uses it to further build her character profiles.

If you find t
Deborah Greenberg
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So lucky to receive an advance copy of Tracy's new novella A Numbers Game. It's a fun little story related to her great Out of Bounds series which follows the Baltimore Blaze football team players, coaches, staff and families. Each story from this fun author makes you crave another and you really develop an affection for the characters and root for things to be worked out with love as the ultimate winner! I should add that novellas are such a great idea - the perfect treat...you owe yourself!
Melissa Mcentyre
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love Health and Merrit's story--We meet more of the staff at the Blaze camp plus the Callahan
family--can see lots of interesting stories to come from Tracy.
Thanks for this good read and the set up for things to come.
CL
A perfect sports novella! My only gripe is that I enjoyed Merrit and Heath's romance so much that I think they deserved to have a full length novel.
Sherri
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great story!! I wish it had been longer, I couldn't put it down once I started reading it!
Karen
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked the book. I liked the back story and felt many areas of the book needed more development. Characters were too lightly developed...Good writing but needed more editing for more.....keep at it.
Denise
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Can't wait for the next installment. Was like a teaser for the next book.
Lara
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
While I do enjoy Solheim's writing, I'm getting extremely tired of reading about couples who break up due to a misunderstanding/miscommunication/whatever, and then he goes on and gets married/has a child/sleeps around while she has one or two (or NO) other sexual relationships. I get that men don't pine the way women do, but could we just for once have a story where the woman marries another man and is actually a bit happy in the interim time apart? No woman should put her happiness on hold beca ...more
Shari
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this novella of second chances!! Merrit and Heath had a fling in college but then found out he was duping her, tutor vs football player. Fast forward and they are both involved with Baltimore Blaze football team. Their sexual chemistry is still there and hot but can Merrit open her heart and trust Heath?

This is a quick sexy read that I did not want to see end. Loved these characters!! The perfect take me away during this football season. I highly recommend.
20012206
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Esta historia es cortica pero es bonita

Merrit y Heath son el uno para el otro pero errores de adolescentes los separaron hacia 10 años, pero ahora que se reencuentran la química que los unía no ha terminado por lo que se dan otra oportunidad

Bette Stanek
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This is book #2.5 in the Out of Bounds series by Ms Solheim. It’s cute, quick, and entertaining. If you sometimes just want something quick and fun between “bigger” reads this one might be for you.
2kasmom
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Meritt Callahan and Heath Gibson met in college. They meet again working for the Blaze organization. Heath is now an injured coach, and she is a CPA doing an independent audit. The sparks though, they fly!

Merritt felt like he was the first man to hurt her. Heath was her first love, her first boyfriend, her first everything. Then she found out his team was playing a game tryign to pick up women and she left. Now he wants to talk it out and explain what happened 10 years ago.

Heath cannot even keep
Mary
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was my first experience reading a novella, and I have to say, I really loved it! I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy, and knew after reading the entire "Out of Bounds" series so far that I was going to get right into it. Merrit and Heath have a chemistry that is palpable on the pages in a very short time, but then you learn how that chemistry first began years ago throughout the story. Like all of Tracy Solheim's books, this is fast-paced and juicy, and the characters make indeli ...more
Erin Roethe
Oct 25, 2015 rated it liked it
This is my first story by this author. Looking forward to reading a couple more before the Barbara Vey Readers Luncheon in the spring. I liked the romance between the two main characters. It was a fun touch having a professional football backdrop. Of course I wanted more to the story (would have loved to have read the whole Notre Dame part), but it's a novella so that's how it goes. Ready to "tackle" the next one!!
Samantha Brody
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Keeping in mind that this was a novella, this was a fine, if super underdeveloped read in this series. For this type of second chance romance, I think *a lot* more dealing with that type of trust issue would have been appreciated & I could have steer cleared of the repeat drama at the end because of that. The length just didn't give it enough time to be dealt with, I think. Not terrible, but not really worth the read I think unless you need to read all the events in this series.
Gina
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: purchased
Another great read in the series -- this novella is about Merrit and Heath. Merrit's heart was broken her first year at Notre Dame but Heath. She tutored him, fell in love and learned she was part of game he was playing with his teammates on how to get girls. Crushed she left and never looked back. 10 years later their paths cross again and both learn that second chances are worth the wait....and for Merrit the ASSUME (ass u me ) rule gives her a shock of a lifetime!!
Jo
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it
A second chance, they met when they r in college,she was the tutor n he was football team member who needs tutor.

Since they were young, game r there for man to score, she was on the list, when it was out she left.

Ten years later, density brings them together. But the most is introduces Jay, the new owner of Blaze, he just got the team from his godfather.
Josephine
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
I ended up skimming through this book. I liked how it ended and I liked the beginning but, as I'm finding with many novellas, I want a whole story for characters. I want to see a gradual development in relationship and character. I was told so much about this pair and I would have rather seen it.
Eileen
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
short and sweet. Merritt met Heath years ago in college and their brief romance was all a game. Now years later she wants to turn the tables on him but her heart got in the way. Can she forgive and believe him? Novellas are always too short but nonetheless easy to read in one sitting.
Stacy Barr-sooter
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was a good story line. I love romance books but tend to skip the steamy parts. The book was already a short book and I feel a bit cheated since I did a lot of skimming to skip the steamy parts. Good read especially if you like steamy
Sheryl C. Nash
*3.5 stars*
Christina Montminy
good story, short only 7 chapters long. The rekindled relationship between Heath & Merrit was quick.
Oct 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Sweet & sexy second chance novella. You'll want to read this one in one sitting to make sure Heath & Merritt get this HEA!
Sue Sparks
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it
s
Jan 03, 2014
Lisa
Dec 28, 2013
Diane
Sep 22, 2014
  • Making Waves (Perfect Kisses, #3.5)
  • Catching Cameron (Love and Football, #3)
  • Backfield in Motion (Seattle Lumberjacks, #4)
  • Play by Play (Play Makers Shorts, #1)
  • Against the Ropes
  • Throwing Heat (Diamonds and Dugouts #3)
  • The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2)
  • Burned (Miller Sisters, #2)
  • Taken by Storm
  • To Honor (R&R, #1)
  • Right Here, Right Now
  • Imaginary Lines (New York Leopards, #3)
  • Fourth Down (First and Last, #3)
  • Perfect Stranger (Serendipity, #3.5; Serendipity's Finest, #2.5)
  • Second Thoughts (The Diamond Brides, #4)
  • Getting Off
  • The Perfect Sinner (The Perfect Crightons, #6)
  • Guilty Passion
Tracy Solheim writes books with shirtless men on the cover. Some of them are actually best-sellers. The books, not the men. When she's not writing, she's practicing her curling. . . bottles of wine, that is. She's been known to cook dinner but no more than two nights in a row. Most days, she'd rather be reading, which to her is just necessary research. She lives in the suburbs of Atlanta with her ...more

Out of Bounds (4 books)
  • Game On (Out of Bounds, #1)
  • Foolish Games (Out of Bounds, #2)
  • Risky Game (Out of Bounds, #3)
  • Sleeping with the Enemy (Out of Bounds, #4)