Start by marking “Negotiation Tactics (Sutton Capital #3)” as Want to Read:
Negotiation Tactics (Sutton Capital #3)

Negotiation Tactics

(Sutton Capital #3)

Jennie and chad face love, adventure, and a lot more danger than they bargained for in this heart wrenching story of second chances. Jennie Evans' heart broke when she lost her high school sweetheart and husband just after college graduation and she has no interest in trying to heal it. She's built a good life with friends she loves and a job she can finally feel proud of. ...more
Published September 7th 2013 by Lori Ryan (first published September 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Negotiation Tactics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Negotiation Tactics

Ann
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Bk 3 - Not a bad story, just didn’t care for it. The main couple (Chad/Jennie) don’t get together until around the 85% mark. Not a good sign. Jennie is still in love with her ex-husband 4 yrs after his death and dealing with guilt. This reveal came as somewhat of a surprise since Chad/Jennie have been having eye sex with each other since bk 1 and Chad has been in love with Jennie since the beginning (bk 1-Legal Ease). After some hot sex and Jennie getting pregnant she still resisted Chad. Anothe ...more
Jen_C
I usually write short & sweet reviews because I am not as eloquent as other reviewers, but I was given the opportunity to read an advance copy of this book so here goes my attempt to do it justice.

I have read all the previous books in the Sutton Capital series and really loved them so I eagerly anticipated Chad & Jennie's story. I got the book and dived in. The opening chapter was so awesome. It totally hooked me. Jennie is this short little spitfire and she gets into a sticky situation
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, steamy, suspense
An outstanding finish for an otherwise mediocre series. I've been looking forward to Jennie and Chad since we met them peripherally in the first book. Ryan didn't disappoint. Chad is exactly as lovely as I thought he'd be—and more patient than I thought I could still find attractive. He manages to maintain his patience without turning passive or becoming limp or needy. There were times when I wished Jennie would get over herself, but it wasn't so extreme that I actually lost patience (or sympath ...more
LaFleurBleue
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite book in the series.
It was really laden with emotions, from both lead characters. I was expecting to think some time that the heroine should have way overcome her previous husband's death and that now she should be able to start anew, but every time she went backwards I understood and accepted it without much difficulty. The hero's reactions were honestly fantastic, full of understanding, though never weak.
I also really enjoyed how the suspense part was fully linked with the
Lisa
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! I couldn't wait to read about Jennie and Chad.

Jennie and Chad definitely had chemistry, but Jennie is held back because she thinks she can never love again, and Chad can see her pain. They are forced to spend time together for business and their story unfolds.

This story had me hooked from the beginning. I loved both Jennie and Chad. I also loved reading about our other favorite characters from this series.

The story is heartwarming, emotional, sexy and suspenseful. I couldn't
Dorel
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the 4th book I read by Lori Ryan. I liked the hot & steamy scenes. I liked what Jack & Andrew did for Chad & Jennie. I'm sorry this story line was too slow & kind of boring. I wish Chad & Jennie was more interested & not so boring.
Candy Laine
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chad came home from the military with a lot of emotional baggage, but his cousin and best friend made sure that he did not shut them out. Then he slid back into the civilian life, taking on the security of their company. He was a big, beefy man, who no one would take liberties with… no one but Jennie. She is frivolous, calls him all kinds of nicknames, and laughs when she gets a raise out of him. Chad loves it, and he loves her, but he also knows her deepest secret. He knows that she is never g ...more
Shaly
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well I thought this would be stupid since I've always found Jennie's character quite annoying, I never cared for her. This wasn't stupid at all, it was more sad then anything else because instead of the chirpy happy go lucky Jennie we've been getting in other books, we get the real Jennie here. The one who was hurting and missing her deceased husband so bad that she just could not move on or rather would not allow herself to move on, even with someone as loving and caring as Chad.

Some may find t
Sandra Bain
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book however found a couple of things that bothered me... like
1. Jen used Evans as a last name... should the Evans' home not be the sight of the arson... how would those dumb arsonists figure out her maiden name... and there was even a bit of forshadowing to suggest it might happen that way.
2. Chad, why use a condom when you've already enpregnated Jen? Story line suggests you both were sexual inactive.
Hate to be picky but there were a few pieces of the story that could have been
Maggie2u
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

You can't help falling in love with Chad. He is the best. Sexy, strong, and loyal to the core. I absolutely loved everything about this book and I literally couldn't put it down and I didn't. On to the next!
CJ
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jen is a wonderful women, but her head wasn't on straight for a good portion of the book. I was glad to see she finally woke up to the love she already had. Chad is a catch any woman would be proud of and his heart is such a loving and forgiving one.
Sharon Rudolph
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the best book in the series! I absolutely love the storyline and the characters. The book made me laugh and cry. I love how characters from each previous book was in this one so that you could catch up with all their storylines. This has been a wonderful series.
Lynn Mullan
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyable read.
Again, needs better editing.
Diane Heath
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, romance
This was my favorite of the Sutton series this far.
Clementine
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
I loved Chad and felt that he deserved better than Jennie. To her he is the ultimate rebound guy, she is in lust not love with him.

Their relationship feels too one sided to me.
Elisa Hordon
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finally Jennie and Chad's story and whoa what a story it is, such magical chemistry, characters you will never forget and a few spills, thrills, mystery and torture to get through first.
Michelle
Good book

You people should just read this book yourselves and write your own review on this novel yourself and I really enjoyed reading this book very much so. Shelley MA
Judy
This is the third book in the Sutton Capital Series by Lori Ryan. I discovered this series doing book tours and have been lucky enough to have been involved in a tour for each of the books as they have been released. Each book has built on characters introduced in previous books, and this one is no exception. This is the story of Jennie and Chad, first introduced in Book 1, Legal Ease. We have watched them dance around each other for two books, and this book is the big release after all that bui ...more
Renee Entress
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, suspense, twists & turns, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Legal Ease (Sutton Capital, #1)
Penalty Clause (Sutton Capital, #2)
The Baker's Bodyguard (Sutton Capital, #3)

This is Jennie and Chad’s story. Jennie lost her husband years ago and has decided that she does not deserve to love again. Chad has loved Jennie for a while but knows that she does not want a relationsh
Emily
Jennie Evans and Chad Thompson have been in a deny your feelings merry-go-round since the minute they met. The chemistry has always been there, but Jennie has never gotten over the death of her first love and husband. Chad cares more about Jennie then trying to push her into something she clearly is not ready for.

When their friends decide too push them into the right direction and send them on a two week work vacation on a romantic island setting, the feelings are mixed. Chad is ever trying to b
Lea
I have been waiting for this book since the beginning of Legal Ease. I loved Jennie’s character and was so excited to read her and Chad’s story. This is an excellent friends to lovers romance with a slightly damaged couple, meddling friends and a killer on the loose. I don’t want to include any spoilers so I can’t say too much but Chad’s response when he thought Jennie could be in danger was so typical tough guy and how he loved her, even when he wasn’t sure she’d be able to love him back, just ...more
Janeiowa
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Sutton Capital series continues to be both a good romance and good suspense. Each one includes an interesting couple and an intrigue/mystery/danger that comes from the characters' work at Sutton Capital Investments. The couples all continue into the next book, so the reader who reads the series in order catches up with the developments in the lives of the characters they came to know in the earlier books.

I like the characters and the suspense/danger part is a logical outgrowth of the charact
Lori
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Almost the whole time I read this book, I was saying "Awwww!" Chad was, is the greatest. There were so many scenes that made me smile. I loved their bantering and their sexual chemistry. It was heartbreaking at times seeing how Jennie felt and heartwarming Chad would treat her. I enjoyed the secondary story as well. Pretty interesting. But mostly I loved all the emotions and sentimentality of the book. Lori Ryan wrote another fantastic book for this series. And she has become a writer that I wil ...more
Amy Plank
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite book and couple in the series. Jennie is happy at her job and is content with being alone. She lost her husband while in college and can't let go without feeling like she's betraying him. Chad is sweet and passionate. He is Jennie's boss and is drawn to her, but doesn't act on it. Finally thrown together for an assignment at work, the sparks flying can no longer be ignored. Many things happen in this and at times, I thought Chad should just let go. I would definitely recomme ...more
Kerry
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lynn
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jennie had lost her high school sweetheart after only being married a year after finishing college. Now two years later, she was starting over with a permanent job and making new friends. Then there was her boss, Chad who she felt an instant connection to but would not act on it. She still remembered her late husband and the secret about him that she had buried. So she would go on with her life alone. Would Chad have the same feelings for her? She thought she would never know.
Pam H
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-him, amazon, z2013
4.5 stars would be my actual rating

My first book by Ms Ryan and usually I need to read them in order but this felt like a stand alone so I dont think I missed much back story on the main characters. How could you not like Chad - what a teddy bear - Jennie was likable except for the way she hung onto her past. although it is explained, it still seemed a tad overplayed. regardless - I will go back now and start at the beginning of the series and enjoy them Im sure.
Carla Cabrera
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read-again
I loved this series. It is full of romance, suspense and some laughter. The chemistry between the couple's is quite evident and I was pulled in from the start. Of all the books in the series, this one pulled on my heartstrings the most. From the previous books in the series you know that Jennie and Cahdre interested in each other. Negotiating Tactics explains Jennie's past and what's keeping her from allowing herself to love again..
Joanna Brocklehurst smith
A great end to the series, at least I think it's the end. I have sat and read all 4 books back to back over the last 2 days so to say I was hooked and could not put them down is a definite conclusion. I have seen Jen and Chad in all the other books and there where always sparks and I am so glad they got the hea!
Leslee Anderson
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lori-ryan
So here goes. I enjoyed the series greatly. I don't hand out many 5 stars but I had to for this particular book. Of all the books in this series Baker (novella) and negotiations are my favorites. I enjoy Mrs Ryan's stories and her characters. I laugh out loud a lot, cried, smiled, hated, and worried along with everyone else. Thank you for sharing.
Lori Ryan Fan Group: Negotiation Tactics is Here! 1 8 Sep 07, 2013 12:03AM
  • The Serafina: Sin City Series Box Set
  • Hot Beach Romance: Sand, Sunshine and Sizzle
  • Tempting Target
  • His Brand of Passion
  • Jungle Fever: A Billionaire Military Romance
  • The Path To You (Jetty Beach, #7)
  • You Can't Go Home Again
  • Fighting for the Edge (Edge, #3)
  • Morning After (Reynolds Security, #1)
  • Last-Minute Love
  • Fair Play (Diamond, #1)
  • The Dangerous Thief (Stolen Hearts #3)
  • Someone To Watch Over Me
  • Nine-Month Protector (The Precinct: Vice Squad #2; The Precinct #6)
  • Hockey Is My Boyfriend (Part One)
  • Unwritten Rules
  • A Secret Affair (Secret Brides, #2.5)
  • Fast Fury (DEA FAST #5)

Sutton Capital (8 books)
  • Legal Ease (Sutton Capital, #1)
  • Penalty Clause (Sutton Capital, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Suite Dreams (Sutton Capital #4)
  • Her SEALed Fate (Sutton Capital #5)
  • Cutthroat (Sutton Capital #6)
  • Cut and Run (Sutton Capital #7)
  • Cut to the Chase (Sutton Capital #8)
“Do you even feel anything, Chad? Will you for once stop walking around, all in control and f'ing calm? Do you have any idea what you all have done. I lost everything, Chad. Everything, when Kyle died. I lost myself. I had finally begun to build a new life with new friends. With people I thought cared about me. I have started to be just a little bit happy again. Was it too much to ask? Did I ask for too much by just wanting to have a little bit of a life again? Now, it’s all screwed up again and you walk around here like you don’t feel anything about what’s happened.”
Chad spun around, and for only the second time since she’d known him, she saw the flash of anger so fierce her breath caught in her throat and she took an involuntary step back, away from him. Jennie knew Chad would never hurt her on purpose, but the anger rolling off of him was palpable. It seemed to force her backwards as if it had a life of its own, a power of its own.
“Not feel anything, Jennie? Are you f'ing kidding me? I walk around here every day and I ache every f'ing minute I’m with you. I’m so twisted up with loving you and hating you, I can’t breathe. I can’t keep my hands off you, but I can’t let myself kiss you because I might lose myself in you. I can’t make love to you because I’m afraid you’ll pretend I’m him. I know you want his arms around you, not mine. I know you want it to be his baby inside you, not mine. And I know you can’t love me back, no matter what I do, because you’re still so in love with your husband, you can’t even begin to see me.”
Chad didn’t stop and Jennie didn’t try to stop him.
“And every day, I have to sit here and wonder how I’ll be a part of my baby’s life. I wonder if you’ll let me be in the delivery room, if you’ll let me help you name the baby. I wonder how much money I’d have to offer the people who live across the street from you to get them to sell me their house, just so I can see my child grow up. If you’ll let me...” Chad stopped as if he’d run out of steam.
They stood in uneasy silence for a long time before Chad spoke again. He sounded worn out and bitter and angry, mirroring Jennie’s chaos of emotions.
“Am I feeling anything? Yeah. I’m feeling some f'ing sh**, Jen.”
13 likes
“As if he could read her mind, Chad chose that very moment to look up from his What to Expect book.
“Says here some women get really horny when they’re pregnant,” he said, waggling his eyebrows with a shit-eating grin.
“It does not!” Jennie said, feeling two hot spots form on her cheeks.
How does he know?
“Does too. They don’t phrase it that way, but that’s essentially it. Anything you need help with, Jennie? Any cravings I can take care of for you?” Chad laughed as he leaned in suggestively.
“Gah!”