Start by marking “Return of the Bird Tribes” as Want to Read:
Return of the Bird Tribes

Return of the Bird Tribes

(The Starseed Trilogy #2)

"Ken Carey is one of the greatest living teachers… Read him, and you'll have hope."
Marianne Williamson

Exploring the transformative impact of Native American spirituality on contemporary events, this is the third book in Ken Carey's bestselling Starseed series, which concludes with The Third Millennium - the book Marianne Williamson calls "a kind of millennial Bible."
Published June 7th 1991 by HarperOne (first published September 28th 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Bird Tribes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Bird Tribes

Start your review of Return of the Bird Tribes
Cathleen Hulbert
Mar 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
There is a compassionate force in the Universe that comes to us in many guises, including enlightened Native American leaders. This manifestation of God's love describes itself as both angelic and extraterrestrial. There is a review of the history of the human race and predictions about what is to come.
Jessica
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-2015
What a beautifully written book! this is a very insightful book full of universal truths, translated into a native american context , i'd say. I found particularly beautiful the explanation of the dual aspect of life- the feminine and masculine aspects of the great spirit, and the unfathomable creative energy that might occur between them, the very same one that has the power to bring entire galaxies into existence!
It almost transported me to another time when men and nature were living togethe
Acyutananda
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Was a while ago I read it.
Good wisdom. Fantastic story too, although largely unverifiable.
Sue
Jul 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Ken Carey book that I read. I have since read every other Ken Carey book that I can find. What more can I say.
Lindsay Banks
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was lent this book about 18 months ago. When I first started to read it, it didn't feel apt. I got about half way through before returning it to my bookshelf. Last week I got it out to revisit it and am so pleased I did. It was written in 1987 but everything that Ken has written is starting to come to fruition. The collapse of the political systems and old structures that are no longer serving us. I highly recommend to anyone who is interested in wondering why we are currently going through th ...more
Mark Edwards
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Giving confirmation to what I have been personally reflecting in my life. An absolutely necessity for those who claim to be starseeds or apart of the conscious community. Talks about the Sioux history. The white buffalo calf woman is in the book for confirmation to the soul mission of many healers. The galactic federation is reference in this book in a subtle way. The last part of the book gets into the incarnation of those who have been guiding humanity with the challenges and assistance for cr ...more
Mike
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
I tried hard to finish the book but i couldnt. I've read many books from Native Americans about their history and spirituality as well as books on spirituality from ancient times and some on religion. The author is mixing a bit of everything, so its hard to believe that he is channeling. Instead i think he is just putting in words his own opinion what might have happened after reading many books on the subject.
Dhruv
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This book has some fascinating accounts of spiritual wisdom from native american culture. On the whole though, reading the book was tiring and at times frustrating due to the later chapters lacking a natural flow and the constant repetition of ideas. I had to force myself to go back 4-5 times to read the whole book.
Anastasia
So glad I finally read this book. It had been on my radar since I read a quote from it on Mystic Mamma.

Definitely a treasure trove of wisdom resetting my perspective on the world and my role in it that I’ll be rereading and sharing.
Pupak Haghighi
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
A good read. Thank you Ken Carey for transmitting this illumined story.
Kat Starwolf
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still relevant and prophetic 31 years after initial publication. I had "Angel Bumps" throughout the book. It resonated intensely.
Belinda
Jun 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book. Love all of Ken Carey's books.
Terry
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Premise is that native Americans used to live peacefully and in tune with nature and all around them. Then they became fearful and turned into warriors and the ascended masters or bird tribes left earth. They came back later to help forge the 6 nations alliance of tribes. We are still in a warrior mindset but there is hope if we return to love and respect for all things. The book says we are right on the edge of changing back to a society where we realize our energetic nature and leave ego fear ...more
Marianne
Mar 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meta

Amazing to turn to this, suddenly and synchronistically, alongside The Keys of Enoch. This is Enoch (and many other great Teachings of Light), condensed, softer, more accessible. Really beautiful.

“The age that we will see together will be the best that has ever been. All that has been broken will be made whole.”

Jeni Goodrich
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the first half of the book numerous times, and just recently finished this book. A beautuful way to use symbolism to point to the deeper truth who h can't be named. This definitely reverberates the sound of being called home to the knowing deep within and takes me further out of the noise of the mind.
Josie Gundy
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I want to re-read this book because of the special message that it contains for humanity in this time of our evolution. I don't remember a lot of it - but that it felt priviledged to be reading it - the perspective it gives, Ken Carey is sharing a wonderful gift.
Shari Scofield
Jun 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
very interesting and sorta anthropomorphical... how do you readers like that word!!!???
Natalie
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Must read again.
isaac

• Goddess: Myths of the Female Divine
  • The Greek Myths: 1
  • The Norse Myths
  • Myths and Folklore
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • Shiva: The Wild God of Power and Ecstasy
  • The Woman's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets
  • Hindu Goddesses: Visions of the Divine Feminine in the Hindu Religious Tradition
  • The Rig Veda
  • Dionysus: Myth and Cult
  • Secrets of Voodoo
  • Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead: A Summary Study of Srimad-Bhagavatam's Tenth Canto
  • Ancient Egypt: The Light of the World
  • Aghora II: Kundalini
  • The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago
  • Kali: The Black Goddess of Dakshineswar
  • Meditation and Its Methods According to Swami Vivekananda
  • Esoterism & Symbol
Ken Carey has been conducting workshops on education and the environment for more than ten years. He is the author of several books, including ‘The Starseed Transmissions’, ‘Vision’ and ‘The Third Millennium’.

The Starseed Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Starseed Transmissions