Start by marking “Return of the Bird Tribes” as Want to Read:
Return of the Bird Tribes

Return of the Bird Tribes (The Starseed Trilogy #2)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  223 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
"Ken Carey is one of the greatest living teachers… Read him, and you'll have hope."
Marianne Williamson

Exploring the transformative impact of Native American spirituality on contemporary events, this is the third book in Ken Carey's bestselling Starseed series, which concludes with The Third Millennium - the book Marianne Williamson calls "a kind of millennial Bible."
Published June 7th 1991 by HarperOne (first published September 28th 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Bird Tribes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Bird Tribes

Cathleen Hulbert
Mar 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
There is a compassionate force in the Universe that comes to us in many guises, including enlightened Native American leaders. This manifestation of God's love describes itself as both angelic and extraterrestrial. There is a review of the history of the human race and predictions about what is to come.
Acyutananda
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Was a while ago I read it.
Good wisdom. Fantastic story too, although largely unverifiable.
Dhruv
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This book has some fascinating accounts of spiritual wisdom from native american culture. On the whole though, reading the book was tiring and at times frustrating due to the later chapters lacking a natural flow and the constant repetition of ideas. I had to force myself to go back 4-5 times to read the whole book.
Terry
Apr 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Premise is that native Americans used to live peacefully and in tune with nature and all around them. Then they became fearful and turned into warriors and the ascended masters or bird tribes left earth. They came back later to help forge the 6 nations alliance of tribes. We are still in a warrior mindset but there is hope if we return to love and respect for all things. The book says we are right on the edge of changing back to a society where we realize our energetic nature and leave ego fear ...more
Jessica
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-read-2015
What a beautifully written book! this is a very insightful book full of universal truths, translated into a native american context , i'd say. I found particularly beautiful the explanation of the dual aspect of life- the feminine and masculine aspects of the great spirit, and the unfathomable creative energy that might occur between them, the very same one that has the power to bring entire galaxies into existence!
It almost transported me to another time when men and nature were living togethe
Marianne
Mar 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meta

Amazing to turn to this, suddenly and synchronistically, alongside The Keys of Enoch. This is Enoch (and many other great Teachings of Light), condensed, softer, more accessible. Really beautiful.

“The age that we will see together will be the best that has ever been. All that has been broken will be made whole.”

Josie Gundy
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I want to re-read this book because of the special message that it contains for humanity in this time of our evolution. I don't remember a lot of it - but that it felt priviledged to be reading it - the perspective it gives, Ken Carey is sharing a wonderful gift.
Shari Scofield
Jun 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
very interesting and sorta anthropomorphical... how do you readers like that word!!!???
Sue
Jul 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Ken Carey book that I read. I have since read every other Ken Carey book that I can find. What more can I say.
Natalie
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. Must read again.
isaac
Dec 10, 2017
Stargazer
Feb 27, 2011
Kate
rated it did not like it
Aug 10, 2009
Mar 27, 2013
Brian Coats
Sep 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Don't Think Like a Human! Channeled Answers to Basic Questions (Kryon, #2)
  • A Still, Small Voice: A Psychic's Guide to Awakening Intuition
  • Flight of the Seventh Moon
  • The Essential Zohar: The Source of Kabbalistic Wisdom
  • The Healer's Manual: A Beginner's Guide to Energy Therapies (Llewellyn's Health and Healing Series)
  • The Wheel of Time: The Shamans of Mexico Their Thoughts About Life Death & the Universe
  • Oneness
  • 13 Original Clan Mothers: Your Sacred Path to Discovering the Gifts, Talents and Abilities of the Feminine Through the Ancient Teachings of the Sisterhood
  • The Philosopher’s Stone: Alchemy and the Secret Research for Exotic Matter
  • This Light in Oneself
  • Creating Money: Keys to Abundance
  • Dreamwalker: The Path of Sacred Power: The Path of Sacred Power
  • Power Animals: How To Connect With Your Animal Spirit Guide
Ken Carey has been conducting workshops on education and the environment for more than ten years. He is the author of several books, including ‘The Starseed Transmissions’, ‘Vision’ and ‘The Third Millennium’.
More about Ken Carey...

The Starseed Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Starseed Transmissions