Start by marking “Power (L.A. Connections, #1)” as Want to Read:
Power (L.A. Connections, #1)

Power

( L.A. Connections #1)

Inside the exclusive mansions of L.A., where Hollywood's most powerful players willingly risk it all, a killer is playing a deadly game. Drawn into this dangerous world are a high-class call girl looking for a way out, a ruthless agent playing a high-stakes game of greed, and a beautiful journalist going after the story of her career. They are about to discover there are s ...more
127 pages
Published December 1998 by Pan Books

To ask other readers questions about Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power

Start your review of Power (L.A. Connections, #1)
Nadine Larter
Jan 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
I'm probably going to regret writing this review. Kind of how I regret writing my Fifty Shades reviews or the Fear and Loathing review. Sometimes indignant honesty feels good at the time, but later you re-read yourself and you have to admit that maybe you're just a cow.

I decided to pick up this little series for one main reason: it consists of four very short books. I'm super behind on my reading goal for the year and when we had our yearly Larter "What Are Your Goals For The Year" meeting, I i
Raffaela
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A super quick read, Jackie Collins' story is short, to-the-point but still manages to be suspenseful. Can't wait to read the 2nd book in this miniseries!
Lakshmi Nagaraj
I asked for trash, I got trash
But I don't understand, what was the point of this book???? I know it's the first installment of a four part series, but it just seemed like a very long set up for the next book. There was no proper ending to the book, nor was it a cliffhanger. I liked that the stories of the multiple characters came together at the end but it wasn't done well. I didn't care about a single character, and I like I said before, I honestly didn't get the point of the book.
Most ridiculo
Zoey
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5★
Amy
May 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There wasn’t much content to this book at all. It felt more like an introduction to a bunch of characters, and then two dinner parties were being hosted and whammo, it ended. Oh by the way, there were some hookers included, but don’t get attached to them because Mr. X is on the prowl and none of them make it except for maybe Kristen, the last hooker.

I most likely will read the remaining 3 books in this series. I didn’t realize it was a series when I picked up the book at a resale store. Looks li
Caroline G'wattage
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
This book 📖 was such a page turner, a great book to start 2020.
I was intrigued by each chapter, the prologue got me going, it was not expected.

Kristen, good hearted, high priced call girl 👧, who is involved with a down to earth Jake.
How will Jake react when he learns about Kristen past ?
Mr X uses his services of hookers, but the reader does not know his identity.
Is Mr X really a Mr ?
Theres Freddie Leon an cold hearted studio head who has evil 🦹🏽‍♀️ thoughts about his ungrateful colleague.

And the
Sati Marie Frost
Normally I write a brief synopsis as part of my reviews, but when I tried here, I realised that I have no idea what happened in this book.

We met lots of characters. Most seem quite unpleasant. That said, I enjoyed journalist Madison and her college BFF Natalie (entertainment anchor for some TV show), and really liked the cool-headed call girl Kristin - I'm hoping she wasn't the blonde murder victim at the end.

It's trashy and silly, but damn it's entertaining. I'm immediately moving onto the next
Xavier Nicolas
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HELP TO NOT MIX THEM UP: this one is about the journalist, the all powerful agent and the look-alike Pam with her violent husband!
Christi
Dec 08, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had a hard time reading this book, i thought it was boring.
Kirsty
May 04, 2014
Julie
Jun 23, 2013

• REX
  • Rattus New Yorkus (One Size Eats All #2)
  • Breathe No More My Lady
  • Forget About It
  • Strip for Violence
  • Deathless Divide (Dread Nation, #2)
  • Piranha
  • An Other Place
  • Midsummer's Bottom
  • 11 Bodies Moving On (Body Movers, #11)
  • Maxie Mainwaring, Lesbian Dilettante
  • The Desecration of All Saints
  • The Beast Within: A Tale of Beauty's Prince (Villains, #2)
  • Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader's Eye-Opening Journey Across the Life Line
  • Infinite Love is the Only Truth: Everything Else is Illusion
  • The Tell-Tale Heart and Other Writings
  • Married to a Boss, Pregnant by my Ex 1-3
  • Mean Little People
There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy

L.A. Connections (4 books)
  • Obsession (L.A. Connections, #2)
  • Murder (L.A. Connections, #3)
  • Revenge (L.A. Connections, #4)