Start by marking “Jesus, the Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived” as Want to Read:
Jesus, the Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived

Jesus, the Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived

Jesus: Healer of Body, Soul—and Mind

Over one hundred years of modern psychology and we still haven't improved on the principles and lessons taught by the greatest doctor of the human soul—Jesus. In this accessible and eye-opening book, international bestselling author Dr. Mark Baker offers a refreshing and practical understanding of how the teachings of Jesus are not only

Published October 13th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 1902)

To ask other readers questions about Jesus, the Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesus, the Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived

Start your review of Jesus, the Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived
Daniel
A lição mais importante do livro: só nos conhecemos através de nossos relacionamentos. Outra passagem importante diz respeito às emoções. Alguns de nós acha que a maturidade de uma pessoa é medida pela capacidade de controlar suas emoções, e isso pode ser mal interpretado a ponto de acharmos que devemos sufocá-las. Pelo contrário, nossas emoções sempre vão revelar algo sobre nós, seja bom ou ruim, mas inerentemente nosso.
Kristen
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My personal relationship with Jesus Christ and my current role as a clinical psychology doctoral student often seem mutually exclusive...I often feel that my faith is left out of the classroom and the insights I get in the classroom are discounted in my relationships with Christian friends. I found this book a refreshing and encouraging perspective on how current psychological theory is coming to the same conclusions that Jesus taught when He walked this earth. It is encouraging to know that the ...more
Bailey Marissa
This is a really strange book, because I agree with the ending/application of his thoughts, I disagree with his starting points and theology. I would suggest just reading it for the psychological applications, not the theology.

Recommended 15+ for hard topics and topics younger readers may not understand.
April
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another one from to-be-read pile that I picked up a couple of years ago at the book sale at the library. As is often the case, I picked this one up because the title was interesting but I decided to keep it because I was interested in the premise. I'm a Christian, and I also enjoy psychology. While I find that my faith, and science often mesh, I also find that many books that proport to link the two either contrast the two or distort Scripture to make it fit the author's conclusions. Fortunately ...more
Jon
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Perspective on the way Jesus wanted us to live

This book would be an excellent choice for anyone wanting to better their relationships with God and others. I gave this a 5 star because it profoundly introduced the idea that love and empathy will not only change relationships but has the power to change the world; Jesus lived this out and changed the world, His example followed by the human race as a whole will change our world.
Sherry York
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well worth reading

Well written in a way that explains psychoanalytic concepts and their parallels to Jesus’s teachings. Paired with examples of struggles he has seen his patients through, Dr. Baker brings enlightenment to issues many face. Easy to understand, one need not be scientifically minded to be blessed by this book!
Aneta Jackowska-Musiol
I have to read it again. i know now that like in the mirror I can see my face, in relationshisp with others I see my emotions. On many occasions author talks about relationshisp between therapist and client- this has a healing power too.
Victória Aguiar
Uma ótima reflexão sobre os ensinamentos de Jesus e sua correlação com as descobertas psicológicas contemporâneas. Uma forma incrível de relacionar dois temas que, unidos, são tabus: religião e psicologia.

O livro centra-se no ensinamento que, apenas por meio de uma relação amorosa com algo ou alguém; em que somos aceitos genuinamente por quem somos, podemos crescer espiritualmente ou como indivíduos.

É amando a si, se conhecendo e se perdoando que posso amar, conhecer e perdoar. E sabemos disso
Literatura e  Citações
Um bom livro, nele podemos refletir as nossas ações,
que para ter um bom relacionamentos com os outros,
primeiro, devemos estar bem com Deus.

Foi uma boa, o autor ilustrar a história com a vida de seus pacientes,
mostrar que Jesus, à 2 MIL ANOS ATRÁS, já orientava a seus discípulos sobre essas questões.

Muito bom esse livro, vale a pena ler de novo :)
Rodolfo  souza santos
um belo jeito de mostrar os ensinamentos de cristo de uma maneira lógica.
Angela Wimberly
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pretty specific, but fascinating

This book is pretty specific to the study of psychology, but I found it fascinating. As a person who has never studied psychology, I learned a lot.
Dimitri Marinho
Terapias psicológicas sob a ótica espiritual

O livro é um compêndio de histórias de vida de pessoas que buscam a terapia para resolver seus encalços da vida e a interpretação desses problemas pelo autor através da ótica cristã.

A leitura é leve e as histórias são curtas, o que torna a leitura prazerosa e motivante. Embora pareça que algumas histórias são bem semelhantes, o livro não perde sua grandeza.

O autor interpreta os problemas que enfrentamos sobre a ótica cristã, apresentando soluções no ca
Vivian
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christ's teachings juxtaposed over leading psychological theory reveals just how astute He was about the human heart and relationships. Christians should read this book with an open bible. not a difficult read, just really deep - you will want to pause and consider Dr. Baker's insights. ...more
Lucas
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is not a book to be read so fast. It has many small chapters with different stories, so it can be kind of tiring after three or four stories in a row. But it brings many interesting solutions to various kinds of problems. In my case, it helped me a lot. And it is not a self-help like book.
Kayla Anderson
This book was recommended to me for supervision and I just didn't get into it. I did like that the author kept it from being preachy, but otherwise it just wasn't for me. ...more
Katie
Jan 07, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Application of Biblical principles to the very questions brought forth in psychiatrists offices...
Débora
ótimo livro
Elizabeth Carroll
Good psychology should match good theology; this book proves this to be true. Excellent information in a highly readable format. Interesting stories woven through with lessons and wisdom for life.
Morgan
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good points, would be good to go through chapters in a bible-study setting
Jana
Feb 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone...whether you're a Christian or not
Shelves: non-fiction
He's an engaging speaker/teacher. This book is fantastic, easy to read, covers the human condition and the wisdom of the Bible. ...more
Felicia Ellison
Go guide or go to reference book
Chrissy Connor
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I took my time with this book. I am not a religious person and I LOVED this book!! I do believe to be on a spiritual path and my mind is open to all things. I loved all the short stories!
Pat
Jesus é o maior e o melhor pscicólogo, sábio, pai que já existiu!
Melissa
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was by far the BEST book i have read so far. highly reccommended to all those who believe in Jesus.
Jessica Gorzo
Jul 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
"This spiritual principle, that we learn the deepest truths in life through our relationships, is the basis for how I do therapy." This book taught me a lot about relationships and Jesus. ...more
Aline
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Registrei um livro no BookCrossing.com!
Renata
Mar 04, 2014
Jean R. Simmons
Jun 10, 2020
Natalie Figueiredo
Aug 06, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Ansiedade - Como Enfrentar o Mal do Século
  • O homem mais inteligente da história
  • O Código da Inteligência
  • Raízes do Brasil
  • O Imbecil Coletivo I - Atualidades Inculturais Brasileiras
  • Não nascemos prontos!
  • Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results (Mini Habits, #1)
  • Mentes Brilhantes
  • Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: How We're Different and What to Do About It
  • O poder da autorresponsabilidade: A ferramenta comprovada que gera alta performance e resultados em pouco tempo
  • Antología poética: El poeta es un fingidor
  • ABC de Fernando Pessoa
  • Cartas extraviadas e outros poemas
  • Por que fazemos o que fazemos?
  • Tudo o que você precisa saber sobre filosofia: O guia completo da filosofia para você abrir a mente sem sofrer
  • The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived: Secrets for Unparalleled Success from the Life of Jesus
  • Willpower Doesn't Work: Discover the Hidden Keys to Success
  • Qual é a tua obra?

News & Interviews

“We like to think we are rational beings living logical lives based upon objective facts. But the truth is, we are rationalizing beings who base most of our decisions on what we feel or believe and come up with the logic to justify our decisions afterwards. We don’t really know as much as we think we do.” 0 likes
“we base our lives more on what we believe than on what we actually know.” 0 likes