Start by marking “Aliens: Alien Harvest” as Want to Read:
Aliens: Alien Harvest

Aliens: Alien Harvest (Aliens (Bantam Books) #5)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  545 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
This time the humans are taking the offensive! Stan Myakovsky is a once-famous scientist fallen on hard times. Now he dodges spaceship repo men and dreams of the marketability of his cybernetic ant. Then a woman named Julie Lish walks into his life. She is beautiful, mysterious, and totally amoral. She is also skilled in the arts of thievery and Oriental self-defense. What ...more
Published August 1st 1995 by Spectra Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Aliens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aliens

Ana Mardoll
Dec 27, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ana-reviewed
Aliens Novels: Book 5, Alien Harvest / 0-553-56441-2

The alien war is over, humanity is struggling to rebuild again, and a young entrepreneur (down on his luck and beset by debts) decides to load up some government-supplied cannon-fodder in a spaceship in search of the ultimate ticket to riches: alien royal jelly, worth millions to the pharmaceutical companies on Earth. About 200 pages of the 300 page novel are devoted to mindless plot exposition, until we finally see our first alien about two-th
Jennifer Wardrip
Apr 29, 2008 rated it liked it
Another book I got for my husband. He said it was okay, a lot like the movies, but that there were a lot of editing errors. If you're a fan of the films, though, you'll probably enjoy it!
Jean-Francois Boivin
Jul 09, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: aliens-predator
One of the worst-written books I've ever read. Sheckley is supposed to be the author of over 50 books and numerous short stories, but this one must have been a rush job for him.

There are two things wrong with this novel: 1) the writing style and structure 2) the ignorance of the source material (in this case, the comic ALIENS: HIVE by Jerry Prosser).

I don't want to spend more time than it deserves in a detailed analysis, but within the first category:
The book's 300 pages are broken down into 78
Rickswan
Jul 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Die-hard fans of the Alien series with absolutely nothing better to do
Recommended to Rickswan by: Proos Pharmacy
One of the oldest books I bought, I remember getting it in middle school because I thought aliens were sweet and the cover had a robot alien on it. Years later, I decided for some reason to finally finish it, and as it turns out it was just what it looks like: a book written by some random dude who saw the movies and felt like making fan-fiction of them. Whatever.
Geoff
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
A change in direction for what used to be military horror/sci-fi novels.
Didn't enjoy it much at all.
N.R. Burnette
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book is great at times, weak at others, it felt like the writer was talented but not too concerned
Quiet
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
"Alien Harvest" continues the neutering of what makes xenomorphs in any shape unique. The prior book in the series, Genocide, introduced anti-acid armor, but as this book needed something of its own it added invisibility suits.
So now the Xenos are hugely suspect to human weapons and tactics, their acid blood does nothing, and now their speed isn't worth squat as you can't chase what you can't see.

The book is alright though. Fulfills the expectations of what these novelizations offer; fast, furio
Daniel Clark
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice science fiction fluff. For what it is I enjoyed it very much , but Aliens Music if the Spheres is still top dog in my book.
Rita Monticelli
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, urania
Scroll down for the English version.

Piacevole incontro ravvicinato con gli alieni più spietati del grande schermo

Ho un debole per i tie-in, lo ammetto. Ritrovare in un libro un’ambientazione già vista in un film o in una serie TV ha un che di rassicurante e semplifica le cose nel momento in cui ci si deve immaginare l’universo in cui la storia ha luogo o i suoi personaggi.
Questo tie-in della saga di “Alien” non fa eccezione. La storia di “Dentro l’alveare” non ha niente a che vedere con le vicen
Christian, Kelanth, Scala
Quando si segue una collana, come in questo caso, si hanno principalmente due vie: si comprano tutti i numeri e poi si pesca tra i vari numeri di volta in volta cosa leggere, oppure si comperano solo i numeri che realmente interessano. In quest'ultimo caso si fa una scelta oculata in base alle proprie preferenze e tutto finisce bene. Nel primo caso ovviamente c'è il rischio di prendere un sacco di libri che poi effettivamente non hai mai tempo di leggere, ma se sei un vero collezionista non puoi ...more
Samantha
I read most of this book while on vacation over the winter break and slowly finished it after I got back home. This book was particularly interesting to me because it was inspired by the Aliens comics (which I've read, all that have been collected). I enjoyed seeing similar plot points such as Stan's adventure to the alien hive and a certain robotic creature known as Norbert. Also memorable from the comics is the presence of and desire for royal jelly. While this isn't the best book ever, it is ...more
David
Based, apparently, on a dark horse comic of the same name and released before Alien: Resurrection, this book is really only a light read that adds nothing new or exciting to the whole Alien concept: if anything, some of it detracts from that concept (eg the Alien hive easily being penetrated by a small group of characters).

I think I bought it in a sale years ago for round about £2.50 (that's the price written on the inside cover): I'm quite glad that I didn't pay full price for it, which would h
Piggie
Feb 04, 2014 rated it liked it
This is not the strongest story in the Aliens saga. I found the main character to be interesting, but in some ways a little flat. The secondary character was very flat. Over all, an interesting idea, but not as well presented as I would have liked. Some of the story elements just seemed to convenient. Skipping this one in the Alien saga would be no loss. But it isn't a terrible experience either. Just not as complex as the other books have been.
Nazim
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
Not so interesting, not so thrilling. just a heap of bare events. I don't give 1 star only because I like Sigourney Weaver and the movie Alien on which this book was "concocted"! LOL

Alex Klimkewicz
Read it back in middle school. Enjoyed it then, along with several other Aliens, Predator, and Aliens vs. Predator books, but I probably wouldn't read it again.
Justin
Sep 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Not great but an easy beach read
Scott
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Exactly what you would think an book about the Alien universe would be like. Read it to decompress from academic reading. Too much decompression perhaps.
Bryan Schmidt
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not bad as these things go. 3.75 stars. ending felt a bit off and incomplete to me but it was fun getting there.
Jaime Contreras
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
This is the fifth book in the Dark Horse series. This novel sets space pirates in search of Alien Queen jelly that is highly valued. the usual slaughter follows in this enjoyable book.
Nicholas Kropp II
Tammy Roe harder
Sep 11, 2014
Yvette
Mar 29, 2018
  • Aliens: Genocide (Aliens)
  • Aliens: Music of the Spears (Aliens)
  • Aliens: The Female War
  • Predator: South China Sea
  • Aliens: Steel Egg
  • Aliens: Rogue (Aliens)
  • Aliens Vs. Predator
  • The Siege of Eternity (Eschaton Sequence, #2)
One of science fiction's great humorists, Sheckley was a prolific short story writer beginning in 1952 with titles including "Specialist", "Pilgrimage to Earth", "Warm", "The Prize of Peril", and "Seventh Victim", collected in volumes from Untouched by Human Hands (1954) to Is That What People Do? (1984) and a five-volume set of Collected Stories (1991). His first novel, Immortality, Inc. (1958), ...more
More about Robert Sheckley

Aliens (Bantam Books) (9 books)
  • Aliens: Earth Hive
  • Aliens: Nightmare Asylum
  • Aliens: The Female War
  • Aliens: Genocide (Aliens)
  • Aliens: Rogue (Aliens)
  • Aliens: Labyrinth
  • Aliens: Music of the Spears (Aliens)
  • Aliens: Berserker

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
  • The Curiosity
  • Virtual Light
    $7.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Busted Flush (Wild Cards, #19)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Last Shot (Star Wars): A Han and Lando Novel
    $14.99 $4.99
  • Midnight Curse (Disrupted Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fireblood (Whispers from Mirrowen, #1)