Start by marking “People of the Nightland (North America's Forgotten Past, #14)” as Want to Read:
People of the Nightland (North America's Forgotten Past, #14)

People of the Nightland (North America's Forgotten Past #14)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  835 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear continue the story of North America's Forgotten Past in People of the Nightland, a sweeping saga of a visionary boy who led his people out of the path of one of the worst catastrophes in the history of the world, and the brave little girl who loved him enough to believe in his dream.

I
Published February 5th 2008 by Tor Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about People of the Nightland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about People of the Nightland

Katie Rhodig
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
People of the Nightland tells the story of what happened to Wolf Dreamer and hose he led through the hole in the ice. Their descendents’ story is told here. The Gears once again have Raven Hunter and his twin, Wolf Dreamer at odds with one another. They vie for the souls and beliefs of those people. Split into 2 different groups known as the Sunpath peoples and the Nightland peoples, each group follows one of the brothers. Those who read this story get a glimpse of how Paleolithic North America ...more
Tina Cipolla
I really enjoyed People of the Nightland. It was better than the first book People of the Wolf. This series is not great literature, but I think of it as informative-fiction. These authors are creating fictional stories out of real events. In the case of People of the Nightland, the actual event is one of the repeated catastrophic floods associated with the melting of the ice retaining wall that held Lake Agassiz in place, and they do a good job with it.

I'm planning to read this series in chron
Mieczyslaw Kasprzyk
The world is falling apart, all is out of balance.Men grasp for power using spiritual leaders as their unknowing puppets. Religious wars have broken out... there is genocide. "Lebensraum" is the excuse. It is a time of great change and nothing, after this , will ever be the same again.
Sound familiar?
One of the great disappointments in my life is that I will never know... the past is a closed country and the answers to all my questions have dissolved into the wind. Historical fiction at least giv
J.M. Northup
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engaging, vivid, and intelligent story!
I loved this book! The amazing detail of the story and the environment were mesmerizing! I could understand how the people came about living in the ice caves, but the whole idea freaked me out. I was fascinated by the comparison of those who chose to live in the ice, finding safety there, and those of the Sun Path, who were probably more in line with my thinking - that there was nothing soothing or safe about the ice honeycombs! The whole story is so believ
Chad
Aug 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initially this book was difficult to get into because I had trouble keeping track of all the characters (three of their names started w/ a K and were all three syllables). I also couldn't remember who belonged to which clan. After about the 100th page everything started to sink in and it became a more enjoyable read. Nightland is a perfect example of why I never give up on a book after the first few chapters.
Mariano
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written. Engaging characters. I can't say anything bad about this page-turner. I simply love the metaphors and overall use of language in this series. I couldn't put the book down. I've read some of them in english. Others in spanish, and I cannot help falling in love with the characters and the storyline. Great tale of war, sorrow and love. I learned a lot about the paleoindians and the specific period of time during which the story takes place. Two thumbs up!
Sophia Musgrave
Mar 04, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was creepy. I did not like the darkness in it, literally it was one of the most disturbing books I have ever read. But overall it flowed well and had a good plot but the subject matter left a lot to be desired. Especially the main character the Prophet for the Nightland people, he was really creepy.
Tasneem
This was a super premise but the language wasn't so good so I didn't finish the book. I read about 1/3 into the book, the afterwards, and then skimmed the plot. Such a pity that they go into a bit too much make-believe and distort the super concept.
Betsy
Feb 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: prehistoric
Plot was difficult to follow.
Melissa
This book took me forever to get through. It was just so hard to get into. And although by the end I found it easier to read, the initial struggle was a bit much to get over. Seeing as how this is the fourteenth book in the series, I've already done my share of trudging through books this year (although this can be read as a stand-alone).

Where before Ti-Bish was an outcast, now he is a Guide. Raven Hunter, the Nightland people's God has given him a vision. He is to lead the people back through
  • People of the Thunder (Moundville Duology #2; North America's Forgotten Past #16)
  • Thunder in the Sky (The First Americans, #6)
  • Let the Drum Speak (Kwani, #3)
  • My Sister the Moon
  • The Reindeer Hunters (Reindeer Hunters, #3)
W. Michael Gear was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado, on the twentieth of May, 1955. A fourth generation Colorado native, his family had been involved in hard-rock mining, cattle ranching, and journalism. After his father's death in 1959, Michael's mother received her Master's degree in journalism and began teaching. In 1962 she married Joseph J. Cook, who taught tool and die making, and the fam ...more
More about W. Michael Gear...

North America's Forgotten Past (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • People of the Wolf (North America's Forgotten Past, #1)
  • People of the Fire (North America's Forgotten Past, #2)
  • People of the Earth (North America's Forgotten Past, #3)
  • People of the River (North America's Forgotten Past, #4)
  • People of the Sea (North America's Forgotten Past, #5)
  • People of the Lakes (North America's Forgotten Past, #6)
  • People of the Lightning (North America's Forgotten Past, #7)
  • People of the Silence (North America's Forgotten Past, #8)
  • People of the Mist (North America's Forgotten Past, #9)
  • People of the Masks (North America's Forgotten Past, #10)