Start by marking “Destiny of the Light (Shadow Through Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
Destiny of the Light (Shadow Through Time, #1)

Destiny of the Light

(Shadow Through Time #1)

DESTINY OF THE LIGHT is the first novel of my “Shadow Through Time” fantasy trilogy published by Simon & Schuster Australia. It contains elements of romance, magic and horror, taking a woman from our world into the earthworld of Ennae; a sepia world joined to ours by the Sacred Pool. Talis, her appointed Guardian helps her through the dangerous terrain of Ennae, sacrif ...more
Published 2001 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Destiny of the Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny of the Light

Tsana Dolichva
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed here: http://tsanasreads.tumblr.com/post/21...

After her brother’s apparent suicide ten years previously Catherine was left alone to care for her mother during her lingering death from cancer. When she starts hearing a voice in her head, she assumes she’s crazy but the voice insists its her destiny to follow her brother to another world. Crazy or not, who can fight destiny?

And so the long lost White Princess finds her way back from an exile spent in our world to the brown, fau
Tien
Jul 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantasy is a staple for me, especially when it contains strong female character (preferably one who kicks ass either by sword or magic) in an alternate world. Add a sprinkle of romance and I’m a happy camper. It’s easy to see that this book is soooo for me. I was so absorbed in this book world that I finished it within 24 hours, fitting in reads between errands.

Kathrene took the plunge, literally, into Ennae. In Ennae, everything is in shades of brown (think Sepia) and there are no animals (whic
Anika Claire
Ennae is a world poised for catastrophe – the northmen gather for war, the people of the plains have all but been wiped out by royal decree and the rest of the inhabitants wait for the coming of The Light – a prophecy foretelling the reunion of the four worlds and salvation from the creature of the Fire Realm. When Catherine (or Khatrene) falls into Ennae she unwittingly drops right into the centre of this coming storm and must make sense of this new world and its inhabitants.

I loved everything
Nas Dean
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
DESTINY OF THE LIGHT by Australian author Louise Cusack is book one of a three book trilogy.

It's a fantasy romance weaved at the fantasy land of Ennae. Tallis is the champion to the twin prince and princess. When war broke out he transports them to another world which they know as an illusionary world, Magoria. Which in fact is our Earth.

When the time comes the prince returns and is made the King of Ennae. Now when his twin sister returns later, though twins she is older as time moves faster on
Helen Lacey
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this book. I read it when it was first released several years ago and was delighted when I was able to download it onto my Kindle and once again get swept away to the sepia world of Ennae, and fall in love with the hero, Talis. If you like fantasy romance this book is a must read. Louise Cusack weaves a seductive story of adventure, betrayal, honour and love and created characters who come alive on the pages. I'm so looking forward to returning to Ennae in book two and three of The Shad ...more
Kat at Book Thingo
Click here to read my full review at Book Thingo.

There are so many characters and subplots in this story that you need to be fully invested in the writing to keep track of it all, and I admit that it couldn’t always sustain my attention. Although the publisher categorises the book as romance, it doesn’t really fit comfortably into the genre, and I think it’s fairer to say that it’s a fantasy with romantic elements.

I have mixed feelings about the romance between Khatrene and Talis. It lacks the e
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at www.twinsietalk.blogspot.com, www,facebook.com/twinsietalk or @twinsietalk

I received this book from the author for a truthful and honest review.

I have to say that in picking this book for review I was really stepping outside of my "box" so to speak. I am an erotica, BDSM , and paranormal reader so this was alllll new to me. I had a bit of trouble getting into the book initially because the world building was soooo daunting. There were so many characters and su
De Roedere
Jan 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, cross-over
Full disclosure here. I'm not in love with the way publishers suddenly decided fantasy was selling well, so started promoting fantasy with a little of another genre added. Particularly if the genre were romance.
Romance has had a long and illustrious history in fantasy novels. It is not, however, romance such as a writer of romance would recognise.
And yes, I do resent the way people representing the romance genre refuse to believe there's more than one way to fall in love.
Many cross over novels
Christy
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really did enjoy this book. The characters were all likeable with a variety of 'good' and 'evil' characters. The story line was compelling enough for me to have many late nights as I often had trouble putting it down, always wanting to read what was happening in the next chapter. The fantasy land of Ennae was unique, unusual and nothing I could compare to any other fantasy book I have read. What I really do like about this book is that the love and romance scenes are not as corny or cringe pro ...more
Alana Donherr
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed this story... it is the beginning of what is sure to be a memorable saga. The only spoiler I will offer is that there are some undertones of incest that some might find offensive (they are not heavily detailed but are designed to show the depths to which some of the characters will sink). In my opinion, they are handled as tastefully as the topic can be handled and do highlight the ruthlessness of the circumstances the characters find themselves in.

All in all, I thought it was a
J.L. Addicoat
Jul 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Even though I found it hard to get into this book, and it is in the genre I read, the story pulled me into it, and I had to keep reading, although I had no idea why.
Voices in the head I can understand, although I'd love to know who the voice belongs to. Her Father?
Louise has a strong voice and eventually I got into the book.
The brother love feelings I felt a little icky though. All in all, I like it enough to get the next two books, if only to read what happens to them all.
Nicole Luiken
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy, ebook
What I liked: Very original world (no animals including insects, brown sky), and the romance between the two main characters.
I'll definitely be on the lookout for book two.
Quibbles: lots of POV shifts
Elisa
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book for the character have dept. They are funny and keep you captivated at every turn. I cant wait to see what will happen next.
Yanna
Feb 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Hard to even rate it 1 star..
Sonia
Sep 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Not a bad read. Definitely imaginative. But did I like it enough to buy the second and third books in the trilogy? Maybe.....
Amy
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book! I love the mix between the worlds.
Deb Soukup
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great read. I ended up cooking dinner with the book in one hand because I could not put it down. Loved it. :-)
Jossie
Teegan
rated it it was ok
Jun 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Tainted (Isles of Glory, #3)
  • The Legend Begins
  • Legends of Australian Fantasy
  • Pilgrim of the Sky
  • Schrödinger's Gun
  • The Wreck of Heaven (The World Gates, #2)
  • A Life Less Ordinary
  • The Hidden World
  • Doorways (Doorways, #1)
  • Being of the Field (Triad Of Being, #1)
  • Heart of Briar (The Portals #1)
  • The Dark Divide (Rift Runners, #2)
  • The Autumn Castle (Europa, #1)
  • Into the Parallel (Parallelogram, #1)
  • Defiance (Dragonics & Runics #1)
  • The Last Universe
Louise Cusack lives in Australia, in a tiny fishing village on the southern tip of the Great Barrier Reef. She's a long-time vegetarian and caffeine addict with an obsession finding the tiniest shred of romance in any story and wallowing in it.

Her novels are about curious women who get themselves into unlikely situations - whether that's an everyday woman from our world falling through a portal in

Shadow Through Time (3 books)
  • Daughter of the Dark (Shadow Through Time, #2)
  • Glimmer in the Maelstrom (Shadow through Time, #3)