Start by marking “If It Drives (Market Garden, #7)” as Want to Read:
If It Drives (Market Garden, #7)

If It Drives

(Market Garden #7)

If it flies, drives, or fornicates, it's cheaper to rent it.

After driving James Harcourt, his wealthy banker boss, around for a year and a half, Cal isn’t surprised by much anymore. Not even James’s regular trips to Market Garden, London’s most elite gay brothel.

But when James leaves the Garden alone one night and turns to Cal instead, Cal’s floored. After crushing on his
ebook, 1st edition, 190 pages
Published March 31st 2014 by Riptide Publishing (first published March 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about If It Drives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If It Drives

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
If your favorite Market Garden books were the ones featuring Nick and Spencer, than this book is for you.

Do you remember Red Tie guy from Nick's book? He is back and needs a spanking in the latest HOT edition from the Market Garden series.

In my opinion, this isn't as intense as Nick and Spencer's books and the chemistry isn't quite as strong. However, it is a surprisingly tender story about the evolution of a BDSM-themed relationship. I liked both MCs and the interplay between them. The mix of
Shurrn
Red Tie gets his own book!
Because you need it.
Because I need you.
We've met the man known as "Red Tie" before... He was the last john to hire Nick before Nick decided to go into retirement in If It Fornicates. Fans of the series know that Nick is not only a Dom, but a sadist as well... So we knew what to expect from this man's sexual preferences.

If It Drives is told from the POV of Callum, the driver who works exclusively for James Harcourt (commonly known as "Red Tie" to fans of the Market
Vishous
*ARC via Netgalley*

I am supposed to write some coherent review for this.... Not sure that is possible because all that's left in my mind is "sir... sir... sir... sir..." and that leather glove.... yeeeshhhh... Shivers....

I don't know why I stopped reading this series after second book and I am punching myself in the head because I can not believe I skipped Nick! That devilish man .... I already know he will be the love of my life.

So... when it comes to James and Cal I loved everything. In the be
Sunny
4.5 sexy stars

*catches breath*
Wow...that was...so good.
I loved loved loved the first 80% of this book. I may have proposed at one point in a moment of euphoria, it was that good, that incredibly hot.

And then it went in a direction I wasn't so crazy about. It ended well, but it was a little deflating after the exhilarating high from the rest of the book. The conflict made sense, but it still felt off for me, and the resolution felt a little rushed, too easily wrapped up.

So, I still love this st
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
If it flies, drives, or fornicates, it's cheaper to rent it

4.5 StArS

Well Sweet Mercy!!
.... Did I enjoy it....'YES SIR'.......I certainly did!!

Meet James ......'Mr Red Tie Guy'

If you enjoy following a true journey of discovery between a Sub and a Dom with some interesting relationship dynamics thrown in this is definitely for you.

Cal has been chauffeuring his boss James Harcourt for around 18 months and has been crushing on him for a long while.

Meet Cal.....

To Cal's surprise after dropping
Aleksandr Voinov
Dec 21, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Ladies and gents - my first-ever writer protagonist. And he's writing space opera!
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
You know the old saying, If it drives, flies, or fornicates, it's cheaper to rent it? No? Neither did I. But now you know whence the book gets its name.

I haven't read the entire Market Garden series, but this book worked fine as a stand-alone. Callum is the limo driver to wealthy James, recently divorced, now seeking comfort from leather-clad rentboys he picks up at the Market Garden. Callum has a crush on James, and one night James seems to reciprocate his feelings, at least for a moment.

Jame
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

While I liked this one, it wasn't my favorite.

For some reason I just didn't feel the chemistry between James and Callum like I did between some of the other couples.

Their interactions didn't feel quite as genuine and then all of a sudden the "i love you's" were coming.

Still a likable read overall in what is one of my favorite series.

I still think I will re-read Rolex's book again...even though I read it 2 years ago.
Tina
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing

4,5 stars.

Market Garden is one of my favourite Riptide reads, not one story in this series has been a disappointment so far. If It Drives is the 7th instalment in the series and we finally get the chance to meet Red Tie from Nick and Spencer’s story.

For 18 months Cal has been driving the wealthy banker James around. He’s secretly attracted to his boss and nothing surprises him anymore, not even his weekly trips to Market Garden. But there’s something he’s longing to do. He wants to be the man Ja
Lena♥Ribka

3 hot entertaining stars

I have noticed, that with every read book I started to discover a kind of growing dislike for BDSM. I enjoy the strong characters and I like if there is a particular dominance in the relationships between them, not the conventional distribution of the roles like in a classical relationships between men and women. But I like to have one of the MCs more sensitive and the other one more controlling.

But please, save me from "How dare you to come without my permission, you wil
Vivian
Dec 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica-contemp
Gah. Least favorite of the series that I've read.

Should have worked for me. I liked the power dynamics and the leather gloves--that was just freakin' sexy, would have loved it more with one glove left on and the dissonance between leather and skin, but I digress. I have a HUGE issue, like major peccadillo that just rips me out of a book EVERY single time.

EVERY

SINGLE

TIME

Whenever a character is a writer and discusses writing as a craft rather than something like ancillary like a producer and write
Isabel
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love this book because of two reasons! The first one is the great relationship between Cal and James! They have a great chemistry, each one of them has what the other needs, and they have some really hot and sweet scenes! The second reason, is Nick! He is my favorite character of Market Garden series! Was a precious gift to see him again!

Alvin
I liked this story. Employee who yearns for his employer. And they even take it a level way higher!

This duo is undeniable at writing hot stories. This was one of them.

Even though the story is quite a fantasy, they made it realistic. Both of Cal & James' reactions were realistic for me. And I rooted for both of them.

My only qualm was there was a lull on one the most important and sexiest scenes.

But overall, it was HOT, HOT, HOT!

3.75 STARS!

MY REVIEWS FOR THE OTHER BOOKS OF THE SERIES:
Quid Pro
MLE
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle-archive, mm
I received this book as an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book. I'm not usually a fan of such a large age gap, but the respect that James and Cal have for each other, and the genuine connection that they share beyond the physical made this relationship work for me. Kink played a large role, but it wasn't the entirety of their connection, and I liked how much each man clearly cared for the other.

The kink in this story worked for me because of how gro
Nic
I was privileged to receive an advance copy of this book for review and wow! I think this is my favourite of the series and I highly recommend you pre-order right now so you can get your hands on the book when it's released in March!

Callum has been driving his boss, James, to the Market Garden and watched as James has brought home a number of the Market Garden rentboys. Cal has been watching James, seeing him in the lead up to his Market Garden visits and watching his reaction afterwards. Cal is
Angela Bee Bee
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: man-on-man
If your boss asks you to fuck him, is that topping from the bottom?

This was good! The dynamic between Cal and James was emotional and credible. The sexual tension was hot as they struggle to define themselves without knowing the words.

I'd call it light BDSM despite all their talk of sadism and stuff. A few spanks and a some yummy CBT on red-tie's pool table. I love the way they all got turned on and fidgety when they talked about domination and pain.

It was fun to spend time with Nick and Spence
Vanessa North
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
My favorite scene in the entire Market Garden series was between Nick and Red Tie in If It Fornicates. So, when the authors were tweeting about writing Red Tie's very own book... Well, I might have gotten a bit of my squee all over twitter. (It's okay, it cleans up nicely).

I definitely was not disappointed in this sweet, sexy story about Red Tie--now James--and Cal, his driver. It felt like an honest, awkward, hot-hot-hot beginning to a relationship, and I enjoyed it very much. And, i have a new
L.A. Witt
Dec 21, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
If It Drives, aka, In which Red Tie's driver gets more than he bargained for. Novel length.
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
As usual, when these two writers team up, they show how well they know human behavior, motivation and emotion, and how to get that onto the written page. Uncertainty, need, confidence, anger, understanding and much, much more. Can we say fun?? I think sooooooo!

It’s a strange place, that partially performed transition from old to new. Cal and James find themselves straddling the squirrely line between what was and what may be, with “what the hell just happened?!” is trying to gum up the works.

Tra
Britta ★ Nachteule ★

First off I'd like to say I love the Market Garden series with its fantastic writing and steamy sex.

Though I enjoyed this instalment it wasn't my favorite. I didn't click with the MCs like in the other books. James stayed an enigma the whole book and I only got Cal because his POV.

The parts I enjoyed the most were the few with Nick and Spencer who were not the MCs.

Still I enjoyed it a lot but it's only 3.5 stars for me.

****************************************************

Also in this series

#1 Quid Pro Quo (Market Garden, #1) by L.A. Witt --
Kaje Harper
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, m-m
Cal has been driving the limo and watching his employer, James, take rentboys home for over a year. He's also been hiding, even from himself, how jealous it makes him. One night James fails to hook up with the man he was looking for, and turns to Cal instead. It's wrong as employer and employee, it makes working for James really awkward, but Cal can't help wishing and doing everything he can to make it happen again.

There is surprising sweetness in this story of two men finding their roles in a n
Lelyana
OMGOMGOMG this is really great!!!!!

I don't know why did I hold this book for so long, this is about James , Mr.Red Tie!
And I never thought that James will ended with Callum , his chauffeur.

I'm not a BDSM fans, but for the market Garden's boys, I read it. And loved every minutes of it.
It was a happy dancing I can 'meet' Nick (my favorite sadist Dom) and Spencer !
And to know that Cal took a 'lesson' from Nick the expert, it makes it better.
Learn from the best, and you'll have the best result. Ha
Eva
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ahhh... I enjoyed it a lot

Cal and James are extremely hot together

but when they get much needed assistance from Nick from If It Fornicates they just burn... in more meaning than one...

Wonderful addition to the Market Garden series.

I want more... and soon please.
Therese
Feb 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm, mm-romance
*3.5*

The writing was super, just like with the earlier books.
I was not so fond of Nick's and Spencer's story, and this one followed the same BDSM-theme (which I'm personally a bit tired of at the moment)... However, I liked this one a bit better. Maybe it was James's driver-kink, or the Dom training, which was very hot.
I liked Cal a lot, he felt very well developed, but I would liked to have had more info about James. Or even his POV. As it was, I never really properly felt the romance developm
Adam
Cal spends his days driving his boss, high-powered banker James Harcourt, around the city. It's an easy job, and he likes it. Except when James asks Cal to take him to Market Garden. Cal has seen that James' trips to the brothel only bring him momentary satisfaction.

Cal wants to make James happy, but first he'll have to learn to become the type of Dom that James needs. He'll also have to convince James to let down the walls he's built.

I loved the set-up. The chauffeur topping his fancy boss? So
Sandra
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hot damn!!! This, ladies and gents, this is how you write a sexy kinky book with LOTS of emotional drama. I need a cold shower and a hug.

Full review on booklikes and my blog.

*Review copy courtesy of Riptide Publishing with my gratitude. *
Natasha
Dec 21, 2013 marked it as to-read
Yaaaaayyyy I just got this, yayyyyyyyyy!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Sexy bosses abusing their authority with their subordinate is alluring. In If it Drives, there is no power struggle or abuse. Instead it's a seduction by the subordinate. James's life is in turmoil. He's stressed. His wife divorced him. The rent boy he enjoys on occasion no longer works at Market Garden, the speciality m/m brothel. A bit lost, he doesn't notice Cal, his driver's crush. Cal's been working for James for a while now. Cal develops feelings for James and isn't sure how to act upon it ...more
Dαɴιjα
I was afraid of this moment - the moment in which I realize I've read all the books from the Market Garden series, having no idea when the next one will be published, or if there will be a next one. Oh, the horror... I certainly hope there will be many more books, and that I won't have to wait too long for the next one. So, I'm going to need it tomorrow... ;)

I think all my reviews of books from this series are starting to look alike, but, honestly, I love them all. This world of rentboys and the
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, bgirls, ebook, bdsm-d-s

4.5 star review by The Blogger Girls.

In this segment, we find James (aka Red Tie) coming up empty handed at the Garden one night after not finding exactly what he was looking for. He ends up turning to his driver, Cal, as the two have kind of silently danced around attraction. Up to this point, the employer/employee relationship has kept them from taking action. Even after they take thing further one night, this issue remains strong. They continue walking a tightrope between what they allowed t
  • Payoff (Market Garden, #6)
  • To the Very Last Inch (The Professor's Rule, #5)
  • Good Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma, #4)
  • When All the World Sleeps
  • Hooch & Cake (Special Delivery, #1.5)
  • City Mouse (Country Mouse, #2)
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • How to Train Your Dom in Five Easy Steps
  • Awakening (Power Play, #2)

Market Garden (8 books)
  • Quid Pro Quo (Market Garden #1)
  • Take It Off (Market Garden, #2)
  • If It Flies (Market Garden #3)
  • If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4)
  • Capture & Surrender (Market Garden #5)
  • Payoff (Market Garden, #6)
  • On the Clock (Market Garden, #8)
“The stark naked businessman obediently undressing his chauffeur.” 0 likes