Start by marking “The Color Scheme Bible: Inspirational Palettes for Designing Home Interiors” as Want to Read:
The Color Scheme Bible: Inspirational Palettes for Designing Home Interiors

The Color Scheme Bible: Inspirational Palettes for Designing Home Interiors

A practical guide to using color successfully.

The power of color is its ability to influence mood, create atmosphere, and enhance perception. As a result, one of the most effective ways to transform any room is by changing its color. Which colors to use is the challenge.

The Color Scheme Bible is a practical, yet inspiring reference for those who want to take advantage of dif/>The
Spiral-bound, 256 pages
Published April 2nd 2005 by Firefly Books (first published April 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Color Scheme Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Color Scheme Bible

John
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I painted houses for years and learned a lot about what colors work together. If you don't have years of painting experience then this book will help you use color without being affraid of regret. Much easier than swatches.
Stefano Crosta
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Extremely inspirational and practical.
Use it to find colours for a given mood; matching colours for existing ones;
bring it with you to as a reference to compare;
also contains good hints.
Missing color print equivalent (CMYK , RGB, Pantone... anything) and you need to bring the book itself to a store to find a matching color.. so no 5 stars.
Shannon
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: home
This is one Marc would like to order at some point. It give ideas for combining colors. The only drawback is that, while the colors have names, I can't figure out how those names translate. I mean, can we walk into Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore and purchase those colors? I do see on the back cover that her clients have included Dulux paints. When I looked them up, it seems they are served in America by Pittsburgh Paints. So Maybe?

Oh, there is another drawback. Just the palettes are given w
Kelly Lowrance
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!

I always loved trying to figure out which colors went together, and this book gave examples I never would have thought of in a million years! What I also loved was the explanations of why the colors went together, which colors should be applied in softer tones and what color certain pieces of furniture/accessories should be to make the most sense.

I found this book super helpful and the title is super accurate in using the word "inspirational": Looking through each
Cristina Mazilu
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is simply stunning!! Love how they have separated the color schemes into sections based on the main color and have included very interesting color combinations, even those that i would have never expected to work. This books acts as a great source of inspiration for all those who want to figure out color combinations with no trouble and time-saving practice. A must-have for all those interested in interior design and decorating!
Refine Lubis
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-motivation
i lve this book! It gives a good basic understanding for composing colors as well as the meaning and mood behind each color palette. It is also giving us explanation what is harmounious colors and complimentary colors. I also love the idea to practice looking at colors composition at our everyday life by looking at things around us. We can also make a scrapbooking for it as well as mood board. I enjoy browsing the book, i probably will think of buying it. Good to read!
Refine Lubis
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kristie
Apr 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book had some interesting tips in the beginning, then a bunch of color palettes for the rest of the book with a little info on each page. I enjoyed looking at the color palettes, but wish there were more tips as to how to really use the colors.
JG (The Introverted Reader)
This book really helped my husband and I visualize what a room painted in these colors would look like. And everyone who's seen our house seems to love the colors we used! I recommend it if, like us, you have a hard time choosing which colors will go well together.
Kathryn Joy
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
A must-have for any creative person.
Megan Gery
I've returned to this book for inspiration time and time again.
Steph.
Nov 21, 2012 added it
Many many ideas and color combinations to explore.
Alicia
Jan 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It is an excellent book that teaches how to combine colors of walls, furniture, chandeliers, etc.
in different rooms of a house.
Frances Livings
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: design
A very inspiring and satisfying handbook for anyone interested in design and decorating.
Jessica
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Truly beautiful colors and palettes.
Abigail
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty colors...
Samantha
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very interesting ideas for color.
Doaa
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This book is totally amazing :) I love most of the schemes especially those in the gray and neutral sections,,
The only thing i didn't like is that the color names aren't accurate at all :(
But it's still fabulous :)
July
Feb 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: home-library
This is a good book if you are painting a room and re-doing the fabrics. And you have the money to change the color of the decorations. You can dream!
Khaled Alqthamy
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
it is useful to decide which color u have to choose
Rebecca
Sep 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who ever needs direction in decorating I recommend this book above all others. I love color almost too much and this book keeps me reigned in.
Cynthia
Apr 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Good book, not sure I learn anything from it, but very handy for taking to Home depot for color swatches
Erin Harper
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great. Best color book I could find at Barnes and Noble. Then I checked it out of the library and picked new living room colors.

Kristen
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved how this book flowed. Lots of great color combinations and explanations of how and where the color schemes will work in your house. I plan to purchase this book!
Donna
Apr 28, 2013
Michelle Flegal
Feb 18, 2016

• Interior Design
  • Color Drawing: Design Drawing Skills and Techniques for Architects, Landscape Architects, and Interior Designers
  • Domino: The Book of Decorating: A Room-by-Room Guide to Creating a Home That Makes You Happy
  • Design*Sponge at Home
  • Downtown Chic: Designing Your Dream Home: From Wreck to Ravishing
  • Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People
  • Elements of Style Revised Edition: A Practical Encyclopedia of Interior Architectural Details from 1485 to the Pres
  • Write Right!: A Desktop Digest of Punctuation, Grammar, and Style
  • The Sketchbook Challenge: Techniques, Prompts, and Inspiration for Achieving Your Creative Goals
  • The Art of Urban Cycling: Lessons from the Street
  • Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way
  • Quilting with a Modern Slant: People, Patterns, and Techniques Inspiring the Modern Quilt Community
  • The Book as Art: Artists' Books from the National Museum of Women in the Arts
  • Six Weeks to Words of Power
  • Apartment Therapy Presents Real Homes, Real People, Hundreds of Real Design Solutions
  • Pantone: The Twentieth Century in Color: (Coffee Table Books, Design Books, Best Books About Color)
  • Complete Krav Maga: The Ultimate Guide to Over 230 Self-Defense and Combative Techniques
  • The Bicycling Guide to Complete Bicycle Maintenance and Repair: For Road and Mountain Bikes