Start by marking “Layers (Layers #1)” as Want to Read:
Layers (Layers #1)

Layers

(Layers #1)

Check out A.K.A.
2018 indieBRAG gold medallion winner!

LAYERS
BOOK ONE OF THE LOL SMEXY LAYERS SERIES
ALL FOUR BOOKS OF THE LAYERS SERIES ARE PUBLISHED. NO WAITING FOR THAT HEA! PLUS IT'S A FREE READ!!

Dear reading thank you! If possible, please leave a review on Amazon!!

Alexia Keith, self-proclaimed nerd, and potty-mouth, is a beautiful, scotch drinking, complicated mess.
Kindle Edition, Second Re-edited, 308 pages
Published December 18th 2013 by TL Alexander

To ask other readers questions about Layers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Layers

Start your review of Layers (Layers #1)
Vasiliki
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars!!!

ARC kindly provided by Book Enthusiast Promotions via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This is the story of Alexia. Yes, only Alexia! There is also a guy, Jaxson but the whole story is about Alexia. Alexia that cannot forget a number once she sees it and that is in trouble although she did nothing wrong! Oh, Alexia had also a relationship with her super sexy boss!

I have to say that I enjoyed this story really much! The plot is kind of expected with a couple of really
Deb Markanton
May 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Lacking In Layers

After reading various reviews of Layers I was looking forward to a fun, sexy, and engaging read. I'm sorry to say I was disappointed. I wanted to love this book! Yes, there is sexy fun. Yes, there is funny banter. Unfortunately, that just wasn't enough. For me, the mark of a truly good story is the writer's ability to make me care about the characters. To get emotionally involved in their lives enough to feel as if I'm experiencing the journey along with them. To ride the
Nicole
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reading-alley, arcs

4 bold stars

Memorable and fun

Review copy kindly provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest review

Omg what did i just read???? I just finished it and i couldn't wait to write a
review. What a fascinating story, Layers is the first book i read from the author
and i have to say i'm really happy i request this book from Reading Alley.
The story begins where Alexia Keith is informed by the CEO Jaxson Ryan that she is framed for
embezzlement and that he is going to help her. That is

Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I really enjoyed this book. This is my first book by this author, and I look forward to reading many more from her. I really enjoyed her writing style and her witty way with words. This was a story of finding your one true love and convincing her to take a chance on love and finding your fairytale ending.

This story had it all, humor, hot hot sexy times, angst, and everything in between. Alexia was such a strong independent women. She didn't take any shit from anyone and she followed her own
Nadine Bookaholic
LOL funny and SEXY too!

This was the first book I have read by T.L. Alexander and I have to say I loved her writing style, I found myself laughing out loud on more than one occasion and I got some strange looks from the people around me.

Jaxson and Alexia had a brief fling but she got scared and called it off without an explanation and Jax was heartbroken but hopeful. Now a while later Alexia is in some major trouble at work and Jaxson, who is the CEO of Ryan Acquisitions, is the only one that can
Beebs

Jaxson is the poster boy rich guy, used to getting what he wants when he wants it until he meets Alexia. She is the first woman to tell him no and he doesn't know what to do with that, he has no idea how to woo a woman. Alexia has her reasons for staying away from Jaxson, she wants him but is determined to stay away from him until that is no longer an option. someone has been embezzling funds from Jaxson's company and they've made it look like it was Alexia, rather than have her
Auraya
There needs to be a warning for these kind of books: Caution! Will make you feel all warm and cuddly and then RIP YOUR FUCKING HEART OUT! I cant rate this!? It was 5 stars all the way until the shitfest in the last chapter. It was like a massive FUCK YOU. I stayed up until 3.30 AM to finish this and now I dont think I can go to sleep...too angry...I hope I somehow misread... and the next book is going to magicly explain the last chapter away.
M Shorty
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting to read a fun romance comedy.
Recommended to M Shorty by: I personal picked out this book after reading the blurb
I have read TL Alexanders book 'Layers' and read the reviews. I do not believe the reviews do this book justice. I have read many books in this past year. Easily over 200 and many of them being romance novels, and find this book to be one of the best and quite clearly my favorite.

Alexia's monologues are hilarious and show a young fun side of an successful business woman. Others say it doesn't show the inner thinking of a real 27 year old but I disagree, yes at time she resembles more of a teen
Gudrun
What a refreshing book with not the average romance plot.
You have to get used to the unusual writing style, but once you got it you can't put the book down.
The heroine is a very smart, strong lady, who knows exactly what she wants and does not give in to her desires but sticks to her responsibilities. The hero is the typical male although not super intelligent but more an average CEO, who thinks more with his dick and is miffed when the heroine does not fall for him.
The dialogues are hilarious
Miss Myles
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Tina
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ezreadathon
I received this book from Reading Alley for an honest review. I loved this story and can't wa to get the next book!!! Embezzlement, humor and holy hotness leave you wanting more. I have not read a more humorous book since Wallbanger! Alexia is witty, funny and oh so sassy when accused of embezzling millions of dollars from work she goes on house arrest to Ryan manor. Jaxson has her right where he wants her and when she finally gives in the sheets start to fly! Now for the end all I will say is ...more
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book got me SO hooked with the characters, the plot, the emotions. While this first one was an ARC the rest in the series were not and it was so good that I just HAD to keep reading more. It has some interesting twists and turns and let me tell you the loving is SO flipping HOT. **fansself** phew! Anyway... do yourself a favor girlfriend (or bro...there are make romance readers out there...somewhere...) and pick this up! lol

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Kami
Jan 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Very dramatic.
3 stars.
Virginia Marks
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No matter how I try to come up with a word to describe this book I cannot give it enough justice. Hot, sensual, witty, clever, intoxicating, or temptation cannot cover it!

A very head strong woman named Alexia Elizabeth Keith is the leading woman in this book. Her world is full of "smartass" friends, a wonderful job that she loves, and her boss is the sexiest man alive! Soon after she gets back from a vacation she is pulled to the top floor escorted by security. While she racks her brain in
Arec Rain
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
A story with an interesting premise, despite not being very original. Initially interested due to the heroine’s description, it became evident early on that the synopsis wasn’t joking about her being foul-mouthed. While some readers may not take issue with it, it can be too much for others. Despite this, the heroine remains funny and witty.

That being said, the plot is difficult to believe. Many readers may get to a certain part and say “well that’s not how that works in the real world but okay.
Laurie Beemer
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so intense it grabbed me from the very first page. I absolutely loved following the chaotic and intense relationship between Jaxson and Alexia; I was cheering for them and sitting at the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen. TL Alexander does such an amazing job making the reader become so invested in the lives of everyone in this book. There were so many awesome character in this book that it was easy to become interested in finding out what was going to happen next. I ...more
Ottilee B.
If you've ever read a book, forgot the plot and kept reading anyway, clap your hands! This is definitely one of those "enjoy the journey" stories. One of the plots was about the embezzlement at Ms. Keith's workplace. Another were her friends (a true cast of characters you feel quite at home with), her grandmother and HER friends, and of course, the sex plot! ALL of which lead to a rollicking GREAT story as each person had their own ideas about Ms Keith's life.

And this is just the beginning!
Mariel Hoss
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny, sassy and entertaining....the book and the characters. You get sucked in by the personalities and you are along for the very enjoyable ride from start to finish.
Khanique McDaniel
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Firstly, you can currently read this book in it's entirety on Goodreads.com. Putting that aside, this is not a straight forward, cliche, pattern filled novel. It will start requiring an acquired taste, and if you are anything like me, you will be thinking about switching to another book when you first began reading.

It's safe to say though, that it gets a little better. Lacking an original ending and sneak peek, it still remains an interesting book. This is a very disorganized novel. Therefore,
Jeannie Zelos
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Layers, TL Alexander

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance.

I liked the sound of this but from the first I felt kind of plunged into a story, not sure what exactly was between Jackson and Alexia, wondering if they were together/had been together/intended getting together. Its all very strange.

Then the $20 million embezzlement changes come in and to top that Alexia's flat gets completely trashed, and she has some pretty horrible email and mail threats against her. Is she bothered?
Romancing the Book
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, erotica
Reviewed by Amy W
Book provided by the author
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

When Alexia Keith warns the reader on the first page that she is going to tell her story in the middle, she is not kidding. This is a risky approach in any type of writing, especially in erotica where the author tries to build a connection between the reader and the characters. When you sit down with TL Alexander’s Layers, throw away all your preconceived ideas of how a book should be written.

Disregard the fact
Victoria Rainey
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reading-alley
Book filled with layers

Layers is the first book in the Layers series by TL Alexander.

The beginning of the story leaves you wanting to know more. At the end of the first chapter, I could not wait to finish the book. The author did a good job of creating a realistic world that was easy to picture including a time frame and place. I was easily pulled in the writer’s world. The pace of the story was very fast paced. It was hard to keep up with at times. The main characters and the secondary
Daria
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it

What can I say about Layers...First word comes to mind would be interesting...
It was a long read a bit over 300 pages, unfortunately I found myself drifting in some places and in other places its busy...a good mix? Depends on what you like.

Meet Alexia young woman that has got it together...mostly. Alexia is a lover of scotch with a snarky personality and a vocabulary that would rival a sailor.
Meet Jaxson well her boss mostly that just oozes all kinds of sex appeal, but the fact that
Armenia
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Snarky and Funny

Alexia Keith has a secret and she is not what she seems. She’s a feisty, headstrong, and extremely intelligent heroine, but withholds her heart and we don’t get the big reveal about her past until the end of this first installment. Currently, she’s accused of embezzlement, and Jaxson Ryan, CEO of Ryan Acquisitions and Alexia’s boss, believes she’s been set up. But who would do that, and why pin it on Alexia?

So begins this drama of Jaxson and Alexia and the myriad of secondary
Anna.E
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I want to be her best friend!
Oh I love Alexia! She'd all spunk and bite. She an absolutely gorgeous woman, has men falling over her, and just doesn't care. She often drops swear words in and dresses (except when at work, when she's all professional) for comfort.
Jaxson is her boss. He's rich and stunning and keeps chasing Alexia. At first, the story seems to have gaps, but the author slowly reveals to us their past and it all comes together nicely.

The story starts when Alexia arrives back from
Mary Beth Devaney
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gooood here I go again... falling in love with smexy, well developed fictional characters. I can't help myself, these two are to die for!! If you're looking for a fast paced story that will keep you glued to your seat from start to finish, THIS IS A GOOD ONE!! I need a permanent copy in my library!
Alexia is definitely the most spunky, gorgeous potty mouth I have ever had the good fortune of reading about. I liked that the reader put a little explanation before the story because, yes, it's
DJ Sakata
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

“He thinks a legal pad is a place where attorneys hang out, and legal briefs are the tighty-whities that crawl up his crack.”

“You are my crack – my heroin. It physically hurts to think about you not being a part of my life.”

“Eighty-five percent of my swimmers are doing the backstroke. The other fifteen percent can’t make it upstream.”

My Review:

This is my first T.L. Alexander read and shortly after beginning this story, I hurriedly logged into Goodreads and added all
Marissa
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kindle Copy for Review

Alexia Keith did not think her life would change drastically when she returned from her vacation. She is brash with a potty mouth who loves her scotch.

Alexia has her own issues and does not need her boss CEO of Ryan Acquisitions, Jaxson Ryan into the mix despite how much they both want each other.

On her first day back to work, she finds she been fired and that she supposedly embezzled millions of dollars but due to the CEO infatuation with her he manages not to get her
Dianna
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Reading Alley as a gift for an honest review.

This is the first time I have read a book by T L Alexander and I really loved it enough to get all three books and read them back to back. Was well worth the read all three of them. Layers was a really great book that will capture your attention from start to finish. This was one book that had me laughing out loud at times. The book had a really great story line. Alexia at times had a potty mouth on her but she was great.
Dedi
This is probably more like 3 1/2 stars than 3 stars.
I went back and forth on this book so many times I got whiplash. Some moments I loved and couldn't wait to turn the page to see what is going on next and then five pages later I was bored or rolling my eyes at the attempt at humor (though the parts of humor that did work, I thought were really funny), and just skimming the pages to hurry up and get through it.
I guess the bottom line is though, as soon as I finished, I went and got the next
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Reviewe...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Review My Book 1 22 Jan 15, 2014 04:42PM

• Cole
  • Fade to Red
  • A Single Kiss (Irresistible Attraction, #2)
  • Awakening (Tales of Olympus, #2)
  • Fluffy (Do-Over, #1)
  • Queen of the Underworld (Tales of Olympus, #3)
  • Crew Princess (Crew #2)
  • Birthday Suit (Sexy Suits, #2)
  • Twist (Dive Bar, #2)
  • Entrance (Thornhill Trilogy, #1)
  • Demon's King (High Demon #3)
  • Demon Revealed (High Demon #2)
  • Demon's Revenge (High Demon #5)
  • Demon's Quest (High Demon #4)
  • Demon's Dream (High Demon #6)
  • Demon Lost (High Demon #1)
  • The Devil Behind Me (The Devil Trilogy, #1)
  • Cut So Deep (Love so Dark #1)
T L Alexander is indieBRAG Medallion Honoree

TL Alexander is the author of eight novels. Best known for the smexy, LOL, contemporary romance Layers Series, she ventured into the realm of romantic suspense in 2017 with the release of A.K.A.

In 2018, A.K.A. received the indieBRAG gold medallion.

She loves to hear for her fans. Give her a shout out on this site or connect with her @

Layers (4 books)
  • More Layers (Layers #2)
  • Beneath Layers (Layers #3)
  • Beyond Layers (Layers #4)
“A grownup is a child with layers on.
Woody Harrelson”
3 likes
“It's our challenges and obstacles that give us layers of depth and make us interesting. Are they fun when they happen? No. But they are what make us unique. And that's what I know for sure... I think.
Ellen DeGeneres”