Start by marking “A Perfect Moment (Perfect, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Moment (Perfect, #1)

A Perfect Moment

(Perfect #1)

“When life threatens perfect, it’s time to step up and kick life in the balls.”

Ella's perfect moment was taken from her is the worst possible way. Humiliated, heart broken and absolutely determined not to allow her heart be destroyed for a second time, she builds an ice wall around her heart.

Paperback
Published May 1st 2014

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Moment

Start your review of A Perfect Moment (Perfect, #1)
Stacey is Sassy
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, aussie
A real Aussie romance

I really enjoyed this story that was set in my backyard. It was familiar and nice to hear about lots of places that I visit regularly. The best part of this story was the fact that I didn't realise it was set in Australia for at least two chapters. I had an inkling, but it wasn't confirmed until she started talking about utes and a few 'bloodys' came out. Too many Australian authors tend to go overboard with how we talk, to appeal to overseas readers. This book was a lot
Becca Lee
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I love a romance offering escapism. Hopefully, A Perfect Moment will offer you a sweet, fun and romantic break from the real world.
Hooked On Books
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Perfect Moment is Becca Lee’s debut novel, and she doesn’t disappoint. This novel is full of wit, angst, lust, and suspense. What else could a reader ask for?

The novel begins with a prologue set five years prior to the storyline. Ella finds out on her wedding day that her fiancé has been cheating on her. The reader is also introduced to Ella’s best friend Jo, who is by far the greatest BFF in the history of BFF’s. Jump ahead five years. Preston has been in love with Ella for quite some time,
Bex 'n' Books
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Tina

Ella has had her heartbroken in the past and has a hard time to except the love that is right in front of her. Once she figures this out, she can't believe the love of her life has always been so close to her and not even see it. She even has to get over their age difference which is even harder to let go. Through out this story, we get to see this wall that Ella has put up around her heart to crumble but then, right when she lest expects it, another problem of the past comes
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
A Perfect Moment is a Heart Warming, Beautiful debut novel By Becca Lee

I have been Lucky enough to read An Arc copy from Becca, I was so over the moon excited!!

Now These are my thoughts and try not to give anything way...

As soon as I saw this Cover on Good reads I knew I had to have it, I am a Cover whore.... Its alright, i am mature enough to admit it :)
and This Cover is Super Sexy!

You no that goofy smile you get when reading something awesome... well that was me when I was reading this
Tonya
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book had a little bit of everything in it. It had me laughing, a lot at some of the things that were said. Also had me worried, not knowing what was going to happen.

Ella has been through a lot, she has major trust issues and her heart has a wall around it. But who could blame her after her fiance decided to sleep with his ex and get caught kissing her, on their wedding day. What Jo did to f***wit and the slut, had me laughing so dang hard. I loved it!

Preston is so dang funny. He is Jo's
Lila Rose
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Becca Lee's debut novel had me entranced from the beginning! I love so much about this book, even all the characters, but especially Preston. I'll be keeping my eye out for more by Becca with my finger ready to one click anything she writes!

Fantastic work Becca!!
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
First, I'd like to extend my biggest thanks to the author for providing me an ARC copy of this book.

This review can also be seen on our blog Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies

Secondly, I'd like to point out that ARC's always make me nervous. There's just something about it that screams "Don't screw this up!". However, I shouldn't have been nervous with regards this book. It has that comfy feel that everything will go right for the story. :)

Alright, now here we go with the review...

THE MAIN
Rebecca
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How many of us are waiting for that perfect moment in our life? A time where everything comes together – it feels like the stars align…the clouds clear…the birds sing and all that’s left is sunshine and happiness? Yea, it seems pretty farfetched, but it doesn’t stop us from dreaming about that exact instance, even if it’s rarely experienced.

Ella thought she had that moment, but it actually turned into a nightmare that left her never again seeking “perfection” because, in her mind, it was never
JC82
Apr 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Perfect Moment was a pretty solid debut novel by Becca Lee.

Ella and Jo have been best friends forever and with that friendship came Jo’s annoying younger brother Preston. Ella and Preston over the years develop a very strong relationship, spending enormous amount of times with each other and confiding all the good, the bad, and the ugly to one another especially when Jo meets the love of her life Liam.

When wedding bells come a ringing for Jo, Ella and Preston find themselves in an unlikely
Kristine GPI Bookblog
Where do I even start with A Perfect Moment, I quite literally stumbled upon an arc sign up for Becca Lee and I'm so glad I did. APM is about a normal couple no rockstars or billionaires here. APM starts 5 years previously on Ella's wedding day, on what should be the happiest day of her life she walks in on her about to be husband kissing his ex, hilarity ensues when her best friend Jo sees this as well and decides to get even on Ella's behalf. Fast forward 5 years to Jo's wedding day.
So what's
Mary
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

As his lips touched mine, I gasped. My open mouth gave him the opportunity to lightly run his tongue over my lips, before it flicked out and caressed my tongue. His mouth moulded with mine and I found myself leaning into the warmth and sweetness of his lips. At my added pressure, his hand gripped my head a little tighter and his other hand wrapped around my back and pulled my body closer to his. His lips moved against mine
Erin
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided by the Author in return for an honest review

A Perfect Moment is a great debut novel by Becca Lee

Ella and Preston have known each other for years and Preston is her best friends little brother. He has been in love with Ella for years and she has been totally oblivious to it. He saves her from a douche at her best friend’s wedding but after kissing her decides it is finally time to make his move. But Ella has a lot of emotional baggage that adds a few bumps along the way.

I found it
Sandra Love
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Perfect Moment (Perfect, #1)

By: Becca Lee

***Received an ARC exchange for an honest review.***

The beginning of this book starts 5 years earlier with Ella on her wedding day. She catches her fiancé cheating on her, and her best friend Jo who I adore punches him breaking his nose. Then time catches up and Ella is at Jo’s wedding. There she made out with Jo’s brother Preston. Because a guy wouldn’t leave her alone. They have known each other their entire lives. Even Ella and Preston’s dads had a
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a cracking start for a debut novel, congrats Becca Lee!

I won't regurgitate the blurb, but I will say this. I really liked Ella, she was relatable, likeable, and her resistance to getting into a relationship after her past, no less with her best friend's 'baby' brother, Preston, was understandable.

I loved that there was history (a decade +) between Ella and Preston, and that Preston had been crushing on her all that time.

Preston is a firefighter, calendar material, so of course, not having
R.M. Nicollette
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It was a sweet, romantic love story. Ella had her perfect moment taken from her and it left her humiliated, heartbroken, never wanting to let anyone in her heart again. Preston has been Ella's brother's best friend since they were kids. He has also been in live with Ella since he was 15. He makes it his mission to show Ella "A Perfect Moment" is possible. You will have to read the book to see if Ella finally gives in to Preston. The characters were very relatable. I ...more
Ruthie Taylor
May 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This is a lovely read. It has its funny moments; it has its rather sad and poignant moments, but overall it is an interesting way of telling the life old story of a man wanting a woman. The main characters tell the story from each of their viewpoints, so we get an insight into their feelings very early on. The fact that we are promised another book in the series is good news, as I would happily read more about this group
Laura White
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Becca Lee I've literally just finished and had to review immediately!!!
I started this book reading about another couple...will they, won't they story line but my god from the middle to the end the story completely kicked ass!!!
So you start putting the pieces together and the tension begins to build.....
Completely loved the characters, the storyline and the immense edge of your seat can't turn the page quick enough feeling!
5 massive stars!!
Talltree
Jul 31, 2015 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
h is an alcohol-guzzling, loving the sound of her own voice more than anything girly girl with ostrich tendencies. She makes poor H pay for the sins of her ex and does the push-pull thing. I had enough at the point where she believes the word of a stranger and ends it between them - even after the H is proved right. The h was just too much work.
DNF.
T.L. Smith
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love A perfect Moment

I love that story of love between these two characters and want a firefighter all for myself.

I laughed out loud in one particular scene that may involve private parts :-)

Looking forward to read Jo's story. Becca you are fabulous and can't wait for more.
Pamela
I LOVE stories that are set in Australia and New Zealand.
Kayleigh deal
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
absoutley fucking loved this book!!!! so looking forward to the next!!! :D i give it 10stars!!!!
Book-a-holic Fairies

This review can also be seen on our blog Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies

Alright, now here we go with the review...

THE MAIN
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received from author for an honest review

I was not sure what to expect when I started reading A Perfect Moment, but from the minute I started, I was intrigued and hooked.

We all have that one friend sometime in our lives where our feelings cross from friendship to love, more often than not unrequited. And this is a story where friends take that step and try for something more.

Ella was screwed over by her fianc` on what was supposed to be her “perfect moment”, her wedding day. 5 years down
Kim
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: yes
A Perfect Moment by Becca Lee
This book was gifted to me as a friend recommended I read it. I am really happy she did.
Ella's perfect moment was taken from her in the worst possible way. Humiliated, heartbroken and absolutely determined not to allow her heart be destroyed for a second time, she builds an ice wall around her heart. In this story Ella and Jo are best friends and have been forever, while Ella has
built up this wall around her heart to protect herself, Jo has met the man of her
Amber
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Every so often you discover a story that holds such power and influence over your heart. In its own gentle yet insistent way, it will burrow its way inside your soul and turns you inside out with its beautiful agony and boundless hope. It has made me feel things and see others that I haven’t been prepared to unlock and examine. Don’t get me wrong, this is one wild ride from start to finish, but there is an underlying heart and endless amounts of love the flow throughout the entire roller coaster ...more
Gemma Foot
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*****5 Beautifully Written Debut Novel Stars*****

ARC given in exchange for an honest review

fangirl photo: charlotte YES tumblr_lpknkd01iQ1qj4moz.gif

“When life threatens perfect, it’s time to step up and kick life in the balls.”

Preston has known that he was in love his big sister's best friend since the age of fifteen. Over ten years on,
Christina
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
ARC copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. These are my thoughts.

I have been looking forward to this book since I first heard about it a few months ago at the cover reveal. I was so excited to have been a recipient of an ARC a few days before release. This is the debut novel of Author Becca Lee, and what a wonderful way to splash onto the book scene!

A Perfect Moment is very well written and edited. It flows flawlessly throughout and is an extremely easy read. The book
Donna
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Becca Lee hits it right out of the park with her debut novel A Perfect Moment. Five years prior to the main story, Ella suffers a humiliating heartbreak. Enter Jo. Jo is Ella's BFF, and soon to be everyone's BBFF. (Hey, if we can have BBFs, book boyfriends, we can have BBFFs, book BFFs, too and Jo is definitely mine) There's a scene in the prologue that will have you cringing, cursing, laughing and cheering all at the same time. Without giving away any spoilers, I'll simply say this - horseshit, ...more
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
This book was just terrific. It was my first foray into Becca Lee territory and it definitely will not be my last. This book has it all. Love, sensuality, a ton of giggles and suspense to give it an added kick of dramatic flair. I seriously haven't giggled my way through a book like this one in so very, very long.

Becca Lee certainly knows how to kick start an amazing book- plenty of tears and angst and laughter and this all literally occurs in the first chapter. The story focuses on Ella and how
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Every Breath You Take (Every Breath, #1)
  • Breathing You In
  • Blind Attraction (Reckless Beat, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Desires (Mercury Billionaires #4)
  • 5 Years Later
  • Doctor Next Door (Temptation Next Door #2)
  • Torn Between Two (The Torn Duet, #1)
  • Burndown (Nitro Crew, #1)
  • Hard Rock Crush (Cherry Lips #1)
  • Dominating Vyolet (The Viera Triplets, #1)
  • A Weekend with the Mountain Man
  • Hot Dad Next Door (includes 6 books in the Mercury Billionaire Series)
  • Ballbuster (Playing Dirty, #1)
  • KADE: A Second Chance Rockstar Romance
  • Deviate (Love in the City, #1)
  • Fierce Attraction (Attraction Series, #3)
  • All She Ever Wanted
Spending the last few years near the Queensland coast, Becca is rarely out of the sea or off the beach. Dragging her long board with her and her overworked Kindle Fire, Becca enjoys her three addictions: reading, surfing and ogling surfers, one of whom is her husband of ten years.

She can still be found regularly on the beach with her family. Becca tends to leave the surfing to her boys; she's far

Perfect (3 books)
  • A Perfect Love (Perfect, #2)
  • A Perfect Chance (Perfect, #3)
“Sometimes being a grown up sucks hairy balls!” 3 likes
“Her eyes widened. I assumed in alarm, but who the hell knew what was going on in her stubborn head. I took the coffee cup from her hand and rested it on the grass next to mine. I leaned in toward her slowly. Her eyes remained steady on mine. Just as I was so close I could feel her warm erratic breath on my face, her hand landed on my chest.
“What are you doing?” she whispered.
Maintaining eye contact I smiled, reached out, held the back of her head and pulled her closer still. “What I should have done ten years ago.” ~ Preston, A Perfect Moment”
3 likes